Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seattle too civilized to give a fuck

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited October 2013
    But visits with dozens of fans, boosters, administrators and alumni on a recent game weekend suggest that behind this exalted ambition there's something that might stand in the way of intergalactic college football domination: perspective. The highest priority here may not be winning.

RIP WASHINGTON football, forever buried under the manboobs of its former (and current) coach.

Also, this article confirms that Seattle is the worst sports city on the planet.
    AZDuck said:

Those Duck colors on his tie were the obvious giveaway.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I can't believe somebody actually wrote that article. They should have three options. Option 1) DIAF
    Option 2) Get stoned to Death Option 3) Have Fetters and Softy dogpile on top of them, suffocating them to death. Option 3 would be my choice, but all three are fine.

I can't believe somebody actually wrote that article. They should have three options. Option 1) DIAF
    Option 2) Get stoned to Death Option 3) Have Fetters and Softy dogpile on top of them, suffocating them to death. Option 3 would be my choice, but all three are fine.

Don't shoot the messenger. She exposed the ongoing pussification of this formerly great program.
  • DingaLingDingaLing Member Posts: 66

Don't shoot the messenger. She exposed the ongoing pussification of this formerly great program.
    Exactly. If you shoot anyone, shoot me, as the messenger of the messenger, and one who would welcome the 1st or 2nd, but not the 3rd, option so as to escape the emasculation of Husky athletics.

Even I am slowly being worn down by it all. Last week, for but a nanosecond but a nanosecond too long, I cared that UW volleyball lost to Colorado.

Fuck.

Shoot me.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    When the WSJ basically says you are big pussies, you know you are fucked.

Scarves up.

FML.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Michael Kaiser Wrote:

I live in Seattle and have for all but three of my 47 years. Here is the problem in a nutshell. It is not that Seattle is "too civilized." Hardly. Come up here and look. Dress casual is a huge STEP UP from what passes for attire here. You also will find more females with tattoos than you will find males with tattoos in probably any other city. Really. And, oh ya, we recently legalized pot, and the main newspaper in town, which pushed the initiative non-stop, seems to still be able to find nothing much else to write about then what the wonders and issues will be with "legal pot," which of course is not legal, regardless of what the state says, but that is an entirely different issue. As an aside, we are now also the U.S. city with the most gay couples.
    No, as indicated, "civilized" is about the last thing Seattle is. PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE, however, is an entirely different matter. Furthermore, I believe Seattle truly is the female capital of the world. Really. And I do not necessarily mean that negatively. Just simply as a fact. So you throw everything together and you get wimpy males amongst the freak-show Seattle has become, and you also get, in turn, no great community push for sporting excellence. Er, I mean male sporting excellence. The women's professional basketball team. which we kind of got stuck with after we got punked out of our men's professional team (Oklahoma City did not want the women's team, even though it was owned by the same entity as the Sonics) is held to high standards. Between puffs of pot and bike rides that is

That guy should get a HardcoreHusky invite. Unless he's already here?

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    DingaLing said:

Exactly. If you shoot anyone, shoot me, as the messenger of the messenger, and one who would welcome the 1st or 2nd, but not the 3rd, option so as to escape the emasculation of Husky athletics.

Even I am slowly being worn down by it all. Last week, for but a nanosecond but a nanosecond too long, I cared that UW volleyball lost to Colorado.

Fuck.

Shoot me.
    I glanced at one of their games ( the championship I think) in a bar in Montana next to my brother and my cousin who was shooing away a guy who probably wanted to buy meth from him. Whatever. I don't have a problem with them being successful, the problem lies with neglecting the money sports and political correctness run amok.

As for Seattle, It's definitely more pussified than it was 20 or 25 years ago. I used to walk with amigos to the (south)east Queen Anne 7-11, near Aurora. Back then there we saw more real life, middle class TUFF liberals, and not as many prissy Frasier Crane and hotshot East Coast transplant types.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    DingaLing said:

Fuck.

Shoot me.
    As the "messenger of the messenger", you're not worth the wasted bullet.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950
    Tailgater said:

DingaLing said:

Fuck.

Shoot me.
    As the "messenger of the messenger", you're not worth the wasted bullet.

now that's the enigmatic tailgater I know and love ... I always know what you're talking about ... kind of.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited October 2013
    I read this article. They didn't understand the city well enough to pin point the problem, but the article was pointing towards this: Seattle has become a pussy, Politically Correct, progressive town.

The rough-and-tumble unionist and hard working liberals that were part of the City's backbone are a thing of the past in terms of their sheer numbers. This group of people loved football. They've been replaced by pussy progessives from points East.

It is a freak show now. The freaks could care less about football. Football for the elitist, academic snobs is just not that important. Even the bosters are pussies now. (The article hit both of these on the nose.) Couple the upper campus jelly fish with the changes in the population and you have a picture of why Washington football is dead.

PS: I lived in inner city Seattle most of my life.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    I didn't realize cities prided themselves now on how many gays you have now.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686

Hey Seattle strives to emulate San Francisco in that aspect.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    loadsock said:

Hey Seattle strives to emulate San Francisco in that aspect.
    SLITP.

Seattle's homo population plungers SF's.

Lesbo capital.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    edited October 2013

Noyt to get overly serious, but scientific evidence points toward gays being born that way. Great. I'm fine with that. Does that mean the rainbow flag needs to be flown over the Space Needle 10 times? Are the Mariners homophobes if they don't let the rainbow flag fly at the same level as the American flag? How many fucking Pride parades are necessary? 3? 4? I went to an REI Website a few years ago to apply for a second job (GAWD BLESS MERICUH) and instead of a marriage question, they asked about a life partner. Hey assholes, most people get married. Are you really that politically correct?

Like Load sock said, Seattle is going out of their way to outdo San Francisco.

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    I wouldn't take this article too seriously - she's right on some things and got good quotes from the right people like Kenyon, Crockett, and Nordstrom. But the rest of it is just rehashing everything we already know.

The one question she asks "In such a setting, a question pops into one's head—a question that also suggests a potential problem with Washington's football ambitions: Are these people really willing to do what it takes?"

She never answers this important question. A writer w/ guts would of done so, and we know what that involves - taking a controversial stand on current AD/coaching.

IMHO, she's still just a yellow bellied Oregonian transplant to the WSJ looking for an easy story.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,468

This is a positive in my book. Much prefer the gays to the fat, smelly, ignorant southerners (every day of the week). Not that they are all fat, smelly, and ignorant or anything.