Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OL Talk

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Adams might not be as good as we thought. Great in the run game, but he has been pretty bad in protection the last two weeks. This could be an overreaction, he could be hurt. I don't know, but there have been times Browning gets pressured and I watch the replay and he's the one fucking up.

Play Nick Harris at RG. Brostek is worthless and Harris is better than Kirkland. Harris can actually move. The other two guys are stiffs. I'm surprised they let Brostek play as much as he did against USC. The coaches obviously saw on tape that he was a huge factor in the loss.

Dennis was right on Coleman Shelton. The coaches seem to love him, but he's average.

I still love McGary.

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    McGary is a goddamned man out there, especially in the running game. Hope Twattenberg is as advertised for 2017.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I heard 2 weeks ago that our OL was fine and there was nothing to worry about ... pretty quick tune change there ...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I heard 2 weeks ago that our OL was fine and there was nothing to worry about ... pretty quick tune change there ...

Just talking some football. I would say Browning and the play calling is the #1 concern. Getting pressure with 4 is #2.

There isn't anything to be too concerned about.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Tequilla said:

Just talking some football. I would say Browning and the play calling is the #1 concern. Getting pressure with 4 is #2.

So basically the offensive play calling, pass rush and pass protection are areas of concern.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

Tequilla said:

So basically the offensive play calling, pass rush and pass protection are areas of concern.
    Yes. But remember, the concern is about what is needed to make this team a perennial Top 5 program not a Top 20 program. In 3 years, Pete got us to the Top 20. What do we need to take the next step?

Regarding Adams, I thought he was alright. He was pushing the rushers outside. Browning had to step up in the pocket most times.

Brostek was awful in the SC game. They literally bull rushed him every time in the 2nd half collapsing the pocket.

Not making excuses. Need to keep recruiting talented OL. Henry B, hopefully Fozzy Bear, and maybe a surprise 3rd.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

....and?

Phil Bleenor knew that shit 2 decades ago
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Pumpy is back, baby
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Pumpy is back, baby

Meds are dialed in.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    FWIW, my first dad thought the line looked like shit yesterday. He was none too pleased.

It did appear they were bullied at times. Did not see many gaping holes as we had been accustomed to.

The O needs to dial in this week.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Adams might not be as good as we thought. Great in the run game, but he has been pretty bad in protection the last two weeks. This could be an overreaction, he could be hurt. I don't know, but there have been times Browning gets pressured and I watch the replay and he's the one fucking up.

Play Nick Harris at RG. Brostek is worthless and Harris is better than Kirkland. Harris can actually move. The other two guys are stiffs. I'm surprised they let Brostek play as much as he did against USC. The coaches obviously saw on tape that he was a huge factor in the loss.

Dennis was right on Coleman Shelton. The coaches seem to love him, but he's average.

I still love McGary.

Shelton is hardly average buttfuck. He plays 5 positions well. Average players cant do that, AND pull effectively from said positions. Oh, and Adams is basically an 18 year old sophomore playing at the highest level, without a RS year. Tard POY. 55, how did I ever give you board cred?
    Hurtful. I know how old Adams is. Are you gonna queef some football talk out of your twat or just name call?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    jecornel said:

FWIW, my first dad thought the line looked like shit yesterday. He was none too pleased.

It did appear they were bullied at times. Did not see many gaping holes as we had been accustomed to.

The O needs to dial in this week.

they definitely looked flat along with the rest of the offense.