Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Following election, San Francisco teachers union loses its mind

Options
2»

Comments

• WilburHooksHands
    WilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    Options
    dhdawg said:
    Fuck liberals and fuck science.
  • TurdBomber
    TurdBomber Member Posts: 19,784
    Options
    dhdawg said:

as long as it's in a nonviolent way, what's the problem with it? Teaching children to submit to authority is propaganda

No, propaganda is propaganda.

Teaching children to "submit" to authority, like the results of free elections, is called respecting the law. Christ.
  • 2001400ex
    2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Options

dhdawg said:

as long as it's in a nonviolent way, what's the problem with it? Teaching children to submit to authority is propaganda

Teaching children to "submit" to authority, like the results of free elections, is called respecting the law. Christ.
    The NC governor says Hi.
  • TurdBomber
    Options

Air Traffic Controllers were a much tougher group than the SF Teachers. And Reagan put them in the unemployment line faster than you can say "SF Teachers are Wimpy Fags."

They shouldn't fuck around. Trump has Reagan's template for this.

And yet our ATC system is the country is an absolute mess. How do you buff that turd?
    Not the point, Benny. Point is how State or Feds can step in and fire people who are impeding the functions of the state, versus just picketing non-essential businesses.
  • dhdawg
    dhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Options

dhdawg said:

I think we have different interpretations of what it is saying. If this is just like the "not my president" bullshit that doesn't actually mean anything then I think it's dumb. I take this as meaning just because a candidate won does not mean you need to submit to his power and not fight in opposition to his policies if they are unconstitutional and injust.
  • HuskyJW
    HuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,199
    Options
    That article sounds totally legit.
  • TurdBomber
    Options
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

I think we have different interpretations of what it is saying. If this is just like the "not my president" bullshit that doesn't actually mean anything then I think it's dumb. I take this as meaning just because a candidate won does not mean you need to submit to his power and not fight in opposition to his policies if they are unconstitutional and injust.
    There's entirely too much feel-good, but useless, ineffective protesting going on right now, about every single fucking grievance under the sun. We've already raised one generation of snowflakes who preach diversity all day long, but wilt at the slightest hint of adversity. Many alive today lived through Nixon, Carter, Reagan, W, and Obama, plus wars, shitty economies, etc. Sucking it up and pressing forward into the future is strengthening. (Something every Husky fan should understand.) Bitching, whining, pissing, moaning and protesting for the sake of protesting and skipping school or work doesn't produce a goddamn thing.

Beyond that, WTF did any of us know when we were little kids? Jack shit. By design. Would you give the car keys to an 8 year old? This stuff isn't about the kids. It's about shitty parents who fail to check their emotions in the household, which is why their kids were crying when Trump won. Fuck those people. You can't always get what you want, and most of the time, that makes a person stronger and more capable as they learn to adapt and conquer adversity. This chronic protesting does just the opposite.

Thank God for competitive sports, or the schools would've turned both my kids into mush-brained hothouse flowers.
  • TurdBomber
    Options
    And it's very important to understand what Trump's election represented: He didn't overwhelmingly win a popularity contest. Many, many of his voters held their noses and gave him a pass on his bad behavior, because his candidacy represented a full and complete REBUKE of the progressive agenda throughout the nation, and for good reason. We talk entirely too much about bathrooms and body parts, instead of fixing infrastructure and creating middle class jobs. People generally like Obama, but they are sick and tired of his agenda, or lack of it, and wanted to return to more nuts and bolts forms of progress and less Caitlyn Jenner bullshit.
  • greenblood
    greenblood Member Posts: 14,304
    Options

And it's very important to understand what Trump's election represented: He didn't overwhelmingly win a popularity contest. Many, many of his voters held their noses and gave him a pass on his bad behavior, because his candidacy represented a full and complete REBUKE of the progressive agenda throughout the nation, and for good reason. We talk entirely too much about bathrooms and body parts, instead of fixing infrastructure and creating middle class jobs. People generally like Obama, but they are sick and tired of his agenda, or lack of it, and wanted to return to more nuts and bolts forms of progress and less Caitlyn Jenner bullshit.

I heard he won because of the trailer park vote.
  • PurpleThrobber
    PurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,433
    Options

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

There's entirely too much feel-good, but useless, ineffective protesting going on right now, about every single fucking grievance under the sun. We've already raised one generation of snowflakes who preach diversity all day long, but wilt at the slightest hint of adversity. Many alive today lived through Nixon, Carter, Reagan, W, and Obama, plus wars, shitty economies, etc. Sucking it up and pressing forward into the future is strengthening. (Something every Husky fan should understand.) Bitching, whining, pissing, moaning and protesting for the sake of protesting and skipping school or work doesn't produce a goddamn thing.

Beyond that, WTF did any of us know when we were little kids? Jack shit. By design. Would you give the car keys to an 8 year old? This stuff isn't about the kids. It's about shitty parents who fail to check their emotions in the household, which is why their kids were crying when Trump won. Fuck those people. You can't always get what you want, and most of the time, that makes a person stronger and more capable as they learn to adapt and conquer adversity. This chronic protesting does just the opposite.

Thank God for competitive sports, or the schools would've turned both my kids into mush-brained hothouse flowers.
    You had me until that last sentence, AAU dad.

• TurdBomber
    Options

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

You had me until that last sentence, AAU dad.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
  • dhdawg
    dhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Options

there are progressives who actually care about those things you mentioned and reject the whole SJW bullshit
    Bernie Sanders got a lot of votes running on mainly that message.
    I was worried that this social justice warrior culture would end up damaging the left politically, and it did.
  • Kaepsknee
    Kaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    Options
    NOW I see why Trump wants to arm Japan with Nukes!!!

It would suck if they missed and hit Portland. would be a shame.
  • Kaepsknee
    Kaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    Options
    dhdawg said:

Clearly someone wasn't spanked as a child.
  • doogie
    doogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Options
    Spare the rod, spoil the child