Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Old and white

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,437
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Trying to be rich again with a question for our youngsters. Maybe a Black poster if we have any. I figured if we do they would check the basketball bored. Is that racist? Asking for a fren

Anyway this Phil Jackson Lebron James spat has me wondering. I can understand why Lebron's manager sees himself as more than a hanger on or "posse" member if you will, but I missed where posse became racist.

Was Jackson insensitive to our sensitive millennial superstar and his "business advisers"? Well, yes, they were offended. They do more than wash the car and run to McDonalds. I can see that. Jackson should have called them the supporting cast like MJ *rim shot*.

ESPN announcer Mark Jones, who happens to be Black, (when someone says happens to be Black it is vital to the point) used to talk about some sort of jam posse all the time when he was doing basketball but he actually is white for all intensive purposes.

Mario Van Peebles produced and starred in the movie "Posse"

Would Entourage have been offensive? Eric was his business manager and Turtle was a millionaire tequila guy but they were in Vince's Entourage.

So I'm thinking posse is ok but the connotation of a posse being hangers on and leeches is what got Maverick and Lebron pissed. Plus why is Phil yapping about it anyway?

I think it is another leap to say that Phil is racist though. He's been zinging people for decades

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Chincredibled for the Mario Van Peebles reference. Love that movie.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016
    You do not use the word "posse" in a business professional setting. He should have used the term "business partners" or "friends/acquaintances".

Look at what Phil Jackson said in 2004 in his book "The Last Season"

He obviously used a negative connotation of posse in that excerpt there. Racism or not, to have Phil continue to look down at what LeBron and his "posse" have done off the court confuses me. LeBron James isn't a business man, he's a business now.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You do not use the word "posse" in a business professional setting. He should have used the term "business partners" or "friends/acquaintances".

He obviously used a negative connotation of posse in that excerpt there. Racism or not, to have Phil continue to look down at what LeBron and his "posse" have done off the court confuses me. LeBron James isn't a business man, he's a business now.

Bearswiin isn't going to like that rogue apostrophe in posse's.

Good points, it was insensitive and demeaning, which is pretty much what Phil does like the asterisk for the Spurs title in the strike year.

I'm a big Lebron guy. What he has done on and off the court is great.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's not racist and the whole thing is FS.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2016
    His posse's on Broadway.

P.S. The preferred nomenclature is "squad". It's 2016, Phil.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    LeBron's a fag.
  • Options

Phil Jackson gets to son anyone in Lebron's "posse" that he wants. I'm not going to put down anything they've accomplished but check the rings.

Oh it's not professional, fuck you. Smoke weed, talk shit.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Phil Jackson gets to son anyone in Lebron's "posse" that he wants. I'm not going to put down anything they've accomplished but check the rings.

First, he's a general manager talking about another player in the NBA. It's professional.

Phil Jackson should be busy worrying about his own team then shit talking LeBron mid season. LeBron has the right to fire back to talking down to him. Phil Jackson won those rings off the backs of greats like Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Kobe Bryant, and Shaq.

It's not like you see Phil Jackson out there on the court shooting 30 ppg. LeBron won a title with Tyronn Lue as the damn coach. Phil Jackson is an old coach stuck in an old era trying to implement the triangle. Even his superstar Melo didn't even hold back on talking shit about him too.

The knicks are a disaster and Phil Jackson isn't going to help. The best part is that Phil Jackson didn't want to pay Steve Kerr a lot of money to coach for the Knicks so the Warriors ended up snatching him instead.

Good coach but he did not have the same impact as Lebron. Why did he only win coach of the year once? LeBron has how many MVPs in the league? If he was such a great coach, then how did he fuck up Kobe and Shaq? Great coaches don't let teams implode.

Racist or not you don't talk down to LeBron like that in 2016. Treating him like a "young" man with his posse comment? You don't talk down to him by using words like "posse" and to tell him to fall back in line. Get the fuck outta here. He's a fucking business. Use the words "business partners" to criticize him. It still seems like Phil Jackson still treats his players like young slaves men who are too dumb to take responsibility hence the posse term. If you can't see why that's a problem coming from a GM then I don't know what to say.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Phil Jackson should be busy worrying about his own team then shit talking LeBron mid season. LeBron has the right to fire back to talking down to him. Phil Jackson won those rings off the backs of greats like Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Kobe Bryant, and Shaq.

It's not like you see Phil Jackson out there on the court shooting 30 ppg. LeBron won a title with Tyronn Lue as the damn coach. Phil Jackson is an old coach stuck in an old era trying to implement the triangle. Even his superstar Melo didn't even hold back on talking shit about him too.

The knicks are a disaster and Phil Jackson isn't going to help. The best part is that Phil Jackson didn't want to pay Steve Kerr a lot of money to coach for the Knicks so the Warriors ended up snatching him instead.

Good coach but he did not have the same impact as Lebron. Why did he only win coach of the year once? LeBron has how many MVPs in the league? If he was such a great coach, then how did he fuck up Kobe and Shaq? Great coaches don't let teams implode.

Racist or not you don't talk down to LeBron like that in 2016. Treating him like a "young" man with his posse comment? You don't talk down to him by using words like "posse" and to tell him to fall back in line. Get the fuck outta here. He's a fucking business.
    Phil Jackson will still have 11 rings. Nobody will give a fuck about his time with the Knicks. He made a great draft pick in Porzingis. He's really just collecting a fat paycheck though.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Funny because LeBron made more money off his FIRST shoe deal (rookie NBA player) then Phil Jackson has for a networth. Seems like Phil Jackson is being a petty little bitch because LeBron's "posse" made more money then him.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Racist or not you don't talk down to LeBron like that in 2016. Treating him like a "young" man with his posse comment? You don't talk down to him by using words like "posse" and to tell him to fall back in line. Get the fuck outta here. He's a fucking business.
    Phil Jackson will still have 11 rings. Nobody will give a fuck about his time with the Knicks. He made a great draft pick in Porzingis. He's really just collecting a fat paycheck though.
    That 11 ring thing is dumb and retarded because he was carried by once in a generation super stars. He could have had more rings if he was a good enough coach to manage Shaq and Kobe. But he blew it.

Who is going to have the greater legacy in basketball though?
    LeBron James or Phil Jackson?

That should answer your question.

Hell the Duke coach is going to have a greater legacy then Phil Jackson.
  • Options
    Slavery. Jesus.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

First, he's a general manager talking about another player in the NBA. It's professional.

Racist or not you don't talk down to LeBron like that in 2016. Treating him like a "young" man with his posse comment? You don't talk down to him by using words like "posse" and to tell him to fall back in line. Get the fuck outta here. He's a fucking business. Use the words "business partners" to criticize him. It still seems like Phil Jackson still treats his players like young slaves men who are too dumb to take responsibility hence the posse term. If you can't see why that's a problem coming from a GM then I don't know what to say.
    He probably didn't pay him a bunch of money because he didn't want to be called racist.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

That 11 ring thing is dumb and retarded because he was carried by once in a generation super stars. He could have had more rings if he was a good enough coach to manage Shaq and Kobe. But he blew it.

Who is going to have the greater legacy in basketball though?
    LeBron James or Phil Jackson?

That should answer your question.

Hell the Duke coach is going to have a greater legacy then Phil Jackson.
    11 rings will never be dumb. Doogs explain away wins and love defeat. Don't be a doog
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

He probably didn't pay him a bunch of money because he didn't want to be called racist.

So he hired the black steve kerr in Mr Fisher. It was all the long game by grand wizard phil jackson.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Slavery. Jesus.

Jesus was against slavery. Just want that noted for the record

• Options

Slavery. Jesus.

Jesus was against slavery. Just want that noted for the record

It is weird that he was so against it but never actually said he was against it. Good thing you're here to explain exactly how someone from 2000 years ago felt about something that he never actually spoke about.