Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Has Ken Griswold admitted he underestimated Petermen as a recruiter?

Eklund freely admits he was dead wrong about this staff's ability to land highly ranked classes.

Will Guzzler do the same?

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    this isn't the wac anymore
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

Why is this even an issue? Petersen landed average classes at Boise and then coaches them up to perform at an unbelievable level.

Comes to a traditional Pac power school as a sleeping giant program, works his method and it's getting great results in only the third year.

And people doubt that recruiting won't follow? Are people that stupid? Oops...

He didn't necessarily get average classes at Boise. He got the best ones in ther conference even though it's Boise, Idaho. Pete knows how to recruit and run a program. His actual game day coaching is his weak point.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Good to see it just took one game for Roadie to be back on the nega train
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    pointing out the strength's and weaknesses of a coach is being a nega?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

pointing out the strength's and weaknesses of a coach is being a nega?

Kim101
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

Why is this even an issue? Petersen landed average classes at Boise and then coaches them up to perform at an unbelievable level.

It has got to be at least partly that. And his assistants are clearly good teachers of technique. But I also think he and his staff are really good at evaluation.

Any idiot (okay, maybe not Eklund) can identify raw athletic talent. But Petersen seems to be very good at figuring out which guys are going to be able to translate that talent into becoming superior football players. And most of that has to be about attitude and coachability. Which is where the OKG thing comes in.

OKG never meant diamond-in-the-rough, white guy, or 2-star recruit. It means guys who give a shit and want to get better. Guys who really love football and not just being recruited. And guess what, there are 4-star and even 5-star OKGs. Boise State just had no shot at landing them. Washington does.
    This reminds me of the way Pete Carroll and his staff evaluates, i also think Peterman evaluates their mental make-up.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

It has got to be at least partly that. And his assistants are clearly good teachers of technique. But I also think he and his staff are really good at evaluation.

Any idiot (okay, maybe not Eklund) can identify raw athletic talent. But Petersen seems to be very good at figuring out which guys are going to be able to translate that talent into becoming superior football players. And most of that has to be about attitude and coachability. Which is where the OKG thing comes in.

OKG never meant diamond-in-the-rough, white guy, or 2-star recruit. It means guys who give a shit and want to get better. Guys who really love football and not just being recruited. And guess what, there are 4-star and even 5-star OKGs. Boise State just had no shot at landing them. Washington does.
    This reminds me of the way Pete Carroll and his staff evaluates, i also think Peterman evaluates their mental make-up.
    Agree totally with this.

The funny part to me is that Sark had no idea to either look for this or what to look for and recruiting was the 2nd most important part of being on the road recruiting...second to partying in hotels on someone else's dime.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

We all pitch you shit, but this comment is spot on.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

We all pitch you shit, but this comment is spot on.
    I wouldn't be suprised if they had a sports physcolgist on staff that evals recruits on visits or whatever.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Good to see it just took one game for Roadie to be back on the nega train

How so? That's some dogman shit. It's like saying. Browning is a good QB but his arm strength is his weakness.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

As we know, you can be all airport and look like Adonis but when the wind is blowing and the rain is falling and its Wednesday practice and you hurt like hell do you love the game enough to power through?

huh?

Selfie?