Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Facebook killed the political star

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,396
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2016
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:
    Where is the posters political affiliation listed? You do know what assume means right?
    Yes liberals are bashing Malia going to Harvard.

You are a special stupid.

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/02/21/here-are-13-other-repugnant-comments-ted-nugent/198174

Let me guess, Ted Nugent isn't conservative now?
    Why not Democrats started and run the KKK.
    http://www.politifact.com/virginia/statements/2013/jun/10/stephen-martin/state-sen-stephen-martin-says-democratic-party-cre/

It's almost like you are a lemming.
    It's almost like you have a brain. But then my dog made more sense and convinced me otherwise.

During the Civil War era, the "Radical Republicans" were given that name because they wanted to not only end slavery but also to endow the freed slaves with full citizenship, equality, and rights.

Lincoln's Vice President, Andrew Johnson, was a strongly pro-Union (but also pro-slavery) Democrat who had been chosen by Lincoln as a compromise running mate to attract Democrats. After Lincoln was assassinated, Johnson thwarted Republican efforts in Congress to recognize the civil rights of the freed slaves, and Southern Democrats continued to thwart any such efforts for close to a century.

The 14th Amendment, giving full citizenship to freed slaves, passed in 1868 with 94% Republican support and 0% Democrat support in congress. The 15th Amendment, giving freed slaves the right to vote, passed in 1870 with 100% Republican support and 0% Democrat support in congress.

The Ku Klux Klan was originally and primarily an arm of the Southern Democratic Party. Its mission was to terrorize freed slaves and "ni**er-loving" (their words) Republicans who sympathized with them.

In the 1950s, President Eisenhower, a Republican, integrated the US military and promoted civil rights for minorities. Eisenhower pushed through the Civil Rights Act of 1957. One of Eisenhower's primary political opponents on civil rights prior to 1957 was none other than Lyndon Johnson, then the Democratic Senate Majority Leader. LBJ had voted the straight segregationist line until he changed his position and supported the 1957 Act.

The historic Civil Rights Act of 1964 was supported by a higher percentage of Republicans than Democrats in both houses of Congress. In the House, 80 percent of the Republicans and 63 percent of the Democrats voted in favor. In the Senate, 82 percent of the Republicans and 69 percent of the Democrats voted for it.

Contrary to popular misconception, the parties never "switched" on racism. The Democrats just switched from overt racism to a subversive strategy of getting blacks as dependent as possible on government to secure their votes. At the same time, they began a cynical smear campaign to label anyone who opposes their devious strategy as greedy racists.

A little more info for you since you are clueless.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/420321/democratic-party-racist-history-mona-charen
  • Options
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AlCzervik said:

AlCzervik said:

I don't have Facebook because I'm straight old

You sound like a fag
    I get bored.
    And out curiosity take the board? You related to LAcoog?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Of Hondocourse when your hero says shit like this....................

http://www.truthandaction.org/obama-admin-bible-constitution-declaration-independence-sexist/

Did you even read the article?

Shut the fuck up. Lemming.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2016
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:
    Where is the posters political affiliation listed? You do know what assume means right?

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/02/21/here-are-13-other-repugnant-comments-ted-nugent/198174

http://www.politifact.com/virginia/statements/2013/jun/10/stephen-martin/state-sen-stephen-martin-says-democratic-party-cre/

The article actually supports Sledog's statement. The Democratic Party didn't start the Klan, but the early clan had a lot of democrat members. It wouldn't be fair not to point out that democrats in the early to mid 1900's were different than democrats today. But stating democrats vs the democratic party started the KKK isn't completely false. I guess it is misleading when compared to democrats today.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

The article actually supports Sledog's statement. The Democratic Party didn't start the Klan, but the early clan had a lot of democrat members. It wouldn't be fair not to point out that democrats in the early to mid 1900's were different than democrats today. But stating democrats vs the democratic party started the KKK isn't completely false.
    I think that's the point. Projecting Democrats, or Republicans for that matter, on who they are today is FS.

Not to mention that the governor who made that comment, that sledog is parroting, apologized. Cause it's irrelevant and meaningless today. It's FS of Democrats to have supported slavery back in the day. Just like today it's FS of Republicans to not support individual freedoms of being gay. Or the racist shit they said about Obama the last 8 years. And it's FS of Democrats right now to be wasting their time to protest Trump. Get the fuck over it.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

The article actually supports Sledog's statement. The Democratic Party didn't start the Klan, but the early clan had a lot of democrat members. It wouldn't be fair not to point out that democrats in the early to mid 1900's were different than democrats today. But stating democrats vs the democratic party started the KKK isn't completely false.
    I think that's the point. Projecting Democrats, or Republicans for that matter, on who they are today is FS.

Not to mention that the governor who made that comment, that sledog is parroting, apologized. Cause it's irrelevant and meaningless today. It's FS of Democrats to have supported slavery back in the day. Just like today it's FS of Republicans to not support individual freedoms of being gay. Or the racist shit they said about Obama the last 8 years. And it's FS of Democrats right now to be wasting their time to protest Trump. Get the fuck over it.
    One of the few times I agree.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

There's a faction of the GOP who hate gays.

There's a faction of the Democratic party who hate whites.

What's the fucking difference?

• Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

The problem is you never get over stereotyping conservatives. Someone posts mean stuff about Obozo's daughter and you say it's racist republicans.

You claim the high ground when more republicans voted for civil rights than dems so who really passed that law?

I am pointing your hypocrisy out to you.

Knock it the fuck off and maybe we can get over it!
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

You can't choose to be white (exceptions: Michael Jackson, Sammy Sosa) but you can choose to be gay.

HTH
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,178

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

You can't choose to be white (exceptions: Michael Jackson, Sammy Sosa) but you can choose to be gay.

HTH
    That makes absolute sense on why the Democratic party can build their base on hypocrisy.

Thank you for the clarification.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,770
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sledog said:

Trump played the game better, and that's definitely why he won. But are we really happy with a political system that rewards spreading propaganda?

John Oliver showed a graph that basically said that 60% (40% conservative and 20% liberal) of the "news" that was shared on Facebook was bullshit. And that a surprising number of Americans now get their news exclusively through social media.

Regardless of the outcome, we should all we wary of this wave of anti-intellectualism (both sides are guilty) that has only made us dumber and more divided as a country.

I know we all like to joke about "x is your source???" but we should start taking that question more seriously.

The scary part is that people believe some of the shit that gets posted. Common sense is now a superpower.
    I think people got hit with an overload of info and stopped bothering to verify its authenticity. And since social media is just an algorithm designed to filter info to you that you like and choose, it's easy to see how that "bad" info would further support people's beliefs and prejudices, rather than provide them with facts that inform or challenge their assumptions.

It's like how Trump would lie so much and so fast during interviews and debates that the moderators couldn't keep up with the fact checking, much less challenge him on most of it. The few times they did challenge him, he literally blamed it on having read it on the internet, end of story. He played right into that inefficiency, and he won because of it.
    Disagree. Trump won because half the country is tired of hearing politicians prattle on about bathrooms and body parts, when the average working stiff couldn't give two shits about that stuff, and just wants job security.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Sledog said:

Trump played the game better, and that's definitely why he won. But are we really happy with a political system that rewards spreading propaganda?

John Oliver showed a graph that basically said that 60% (40% conservative and 20% liberal) of the "news" that was shared on Facebook was bullshit. And that a surprising number of Americans now get their news exclusively through social media.

Regardless of the outcome, we should all we wary of this wave of anti-intellectualism (both sides are guilty) that has only made us dumber and more divided as a country.

I know we all like to joke about "x is your source???" but we should start taking that question more seriously.

The scary part is that people believe some of the shit that gets posted. Common sense is now a superpower.
    It's sad to see how far this board has fallen when this post isn't getting destroyed. Let me help...

You. Are. Those. People.
    Destroying a Sledog or Hondo poast is like screaming "Fire Romar".

It's easy and obvious and doesn't make a damned bit of difference.
    But, but, but.....Target Practice.
  • Options

Sledog said:

I think people got hit with an overload of info and stopped bothering to verify its authenticity. And since social media is just an algorithm designed to filter info to you that you like and choose, it's easy to see how that "bad" info would further support people's beliefs and prejudices, rather than provide them with facts that inform or challenge their assumptions.

It's like how Trump would lie so much and so fast during interviews and debates that the moderators couldn't keep up with the fact checking, much less challenge him on most of it. The few times they did challenge him, he literally blamed it on having read it on the internet, end of story. He played right into that inefficiency, and he won because of it.
    Disagree. Trump won because half the country is tired of hearing politicians prattle on about bathrooms and body parts, when the average working stiff couldn't give two shits about that stuff, and just wants job security.
    Trump isn't going to provide job security.

HTH
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH
    Did I say he would? Try harder next time.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH
    So you are saying people who voted for him thinking he would are stupid?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH
    So you are saying people who voted for him thinking he would are stupid?
    Strike Two, Faggot. Get a better reading tutor.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,654
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    What satisfaction does sledog get out of being here? It's bizarre
  • Options

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614