Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trickle down economics

2»

Comments

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

doogie said:

Government could cure this by simply paying all citizens a living wage sufficient to cover whatever people need and want.

I want 2 Ferrari's, 2-Lambo's, a muscle car collection, a motorcycle and ATV fleet, horses and private jet and helo all on a 36 bed 525,000 acre estate. Fork it over!

See that doesn't work.
    PM @IrishDawg22 seriously.
    Why PM?? That article was FOS!!!

HTH.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

doogie said:

Government could cure this by simply paying all citizens a living wage sufficient to cover whatever people need and want.

I want 2 Ferrari's, 2-Lambo's, a muscle car collection, a motorcycle and ATV fleet, horses and private jet and helo all on a 36 bed 525,000 acre estate. Fork it over!

See that doesn't work.
    PM @IrishDawg22 seriously.
    Why PM?? That article was FOS!!!

HTH.
    Read the thread. He responded to doogie being sarcastic. Keep up. Guess you don't have this place dialed in. Or you are blinded as a Troomp.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Sledog said:

doogie said:

See that doesn't work.
    That's not basic income.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,685
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:

doogie said:

See that doesn't work.
    That's not basic income.
    Stupid ideas spawn stupid expectations.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

doogie said:

See that doesn't work.
    That's not basic income.
    Nobody that is a proponent of basic income expects luxury goods and property. It's a poverty reduction method, nothing more. Your example is a pointless exaggeration at best.

In fact, some conservatives support the idea, as it would drastically reduce the existing beauracracy necessary for the various social safety net programs, reduce crime and free up police to do better police work.

I'm not saying it is a perfect solution, but it's an idea worth considering, especially as we transition into an automated society with fewer and fewer blue collar jobs.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,685
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

doogie said:

See that doesn't work.
    That's not basic income.
    Nobody that is a proponent of basic income expects luxury goods and property. It's a poverty reduction method, nothing more. Your example is a pointless exaggeration at best.

In fact, some conservatives support the idea, as it would drastically reduce the existing beauracracy necessary for the various social safety net programs, reduce crime and free up police to do better police work.

I'm not saying it is a perfect solution, but it's an idea worth considering, especially as we transition into an automated society with fewer and fewer blue collar jobs.
    We've spent trillions on welfare and poverty has increased. People need to work. Safety nets where never meant to be generational support.