Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL UW vs Yale GAMETHREAD

Comments

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I still see people say that NEXT year is when we can judge Romar. After that year, then it would be time for a change
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

i
    MelloDawg said:

I still see people say that NEXT year is when we can judge Romar. After that year, then it would be time for a change

Give up, romar is staying forever
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

i

MelloDawg said:

I don't even think it's because of his buyout. Romar loves Jesus and he's a great statesman for the UW
  • Options
    I can't wait to hear all these fultz slobber fests when he picked up 10 points in garbage time.

He does look solid.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Can't wait until we miss the tourney and Fultz gets drafted number one overall.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Romar needs just ten... my bad meant one more year to get this back. You can't expect him to have the talent in year 15 to beat Yale for Christ Sakes. After Fultz leaves, but we get coaches kid in Porter to come here will be the year it pops.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Over/under on Fultz experiencing more losses this year then he did the last three combined in high school?

I say last week in December.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I don't know how anyone can be surprised by this result
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Let's over play everyone and let them backdoor the shit out of us effectively letting them play 3 on 2, 2 on 1 etc. it's what we do.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Good thing we brought in Conroy to teach some Tuff D. Maybe next time we hire a coach who actually has experience, you know, coaching
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Better extend him a couple more years, maybe with a raise so the class of 2030 knows he'll still be here
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    section8 said:

Better extend him a couple more years, maybe with a raise so the class of 2030 knows he'll still be here

I'm hearing Fultz is promising his firstborn if Romar gets 20 more years.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,084
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Does anyone know if Romar or Conroy reads the boreds? Anyone?

I think the offense will be fine. That is they still scored 90 points, just get out of the way of fultz and do his thing, open shit up for others, hope players set legit screens and other players step up, blah blah blah.

What's with the overaggressive defense? Why the fuck is Dime, Timmins, and Dickerson playing defense 25 feet from the hoop? Why the fuck are guys encouraged to attempt to steal the pass to their defender on every possession? God the back doors were more open than Race Bannon at a pride festival (rumored). Literally your defense is filtering the opposition to the fucking hoop. Figure this shit out Romar / Conroy or enjoy watching getting your shit pushed in all year.

Looking at the stats this game is fucking crazy. UW shot better (about 56%), blocked better (15 total), but was out rebounded by like 19, I'm guessing 15 of which were offensive, and Yale had 10 more assists.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    MelloDawg said:

i

MelloDawg said:

I don't even think it's because of his buyout. Romar loves Jesus and he's a great statesman for the UW
    I suggest he hangs out with Jesus sooner rather than later.
  • Options

Looking at the stats this game is fucking crazy. UW shot better (about 56%), blocked better (15 total), but was out rebounded by like 19, I'm guessing 15 of which were offensive, and Yale had 10 more assists.

Blocks is a bullshit category b/c in many cases it does nothing but give the ball back to other team. If you were to go back and watch the 15 blocks, i would wager 80% ended up back in Yale's hands. I'm not a huge stat nerd but one which did stand out in basketball is blocks resulting in possession for the defense. Guess who led the nba? Yup, the spurs and tim duncan.

Blocks is inherently a lazy stat anyhow. While it can be relevant if you have a huge guy in the middle(a la upshaw) that effects shots from various players, the type UW had last night was more the lazy kind in the manner that they were jumping more worried about block stat than being in position or trying to catch up b/c they were beat on yet another back door and got a block.

The most troubling thing for anyone following a team is when they are out rebounded, at home, with pac12 refs by 20. That is an alarming stat. Especially when our 7' guy who played 25 minutes ends up with 4, our jumping bean dime ends up with 2 in 28 minutes(same as crisp).

What also screams problems are;

- 10 assists on the game. Obviously just indicative of the offense chaos romar runs.
    - 28 personal fouls, wow.
    - 4 offensive rebounds(vs 21 for the opposition)

A stat which UW will miss is AA getting to the line and shooting 90%. He was the reason romar's usual team FT woe's looked half decent last year. Now this team will go back to 60-65% again.

I also already hate doogs and their putting things on Fultz for not being more aggressive in the first half. Christ, he is a frosh and shouldn't have to shoulder the load for all these guys. He should be a great compliment to a team and then maybe ease into being the man by pac12 play. It's a cop out that anyone is talking about markelle last night. He only led the team in rebounds, assists and points.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Blocks is a bullshit category b/c in many cases it does nothing but give the ball back to other team. If you were to go back and watch the 15 blocks, i would wager 80% ended up back in Yale's hands. I'm not a huge stat nerd but one which did stand out in basketball is blocks resulting in possession for the defense. Guess who led the nba? Yup, the spurs and tim duncan.

Blocks is inherently a lazy stat anyhow. While it can be relevant if you have a huge guy in the middle(a la upshaw) that effects shots from various players, the type UW had last night was more the lazy kind in the manner that they were jumping more worried about block stat than being in position or trying to catch up b/c they were beat on yet another back door and got a block.

The most troubling thing for anyone following a team is when they are out rebounded, at home, with pac12 refs by 20. That is an alarming stat. Especially when our 7' guy who played 25 minutes ends up with 4, our jumping bean dime ends up with 2 in 28 minutes(same as crisp).

What also screams problems are;

- 10 assists on the game. Obviously just indicative of the offense chaos romar runs.
    - 28 personal fouls, wow.
    - 4 offensive rebounds(vs 21 for the opposition)

A stat which UW will miss is AA getting to the line and shooting 90%. He was the reason romar's usual team FT woe's looked half decent last year. Now this team will go back to 60-65% again.

I also already hate doogs and their putting things on Fultz for not being more aggressive in the first half. Christ, he is a frosh and shouldn't have to shoulder the load for all these guys. He should be a great compliment to a team and then maybe ease into being the man by pac12 play. It's a cop out that anyone is talking about markelle last night. He only led the team in rebounds, assists and points.
    I said this about Upshaw and everyone here said I was crazy...glad someone else gets it.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,084
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I agree, 15 is a huge number though which is why I pointed it out. This defense and rebounding is horrible.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blocks can be overrated, but don't be so stuck on the surface to not realize what blocks do to the other team.

A big guy blocking and altering shots is nearly necessary to play great defense.