Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Here's the deal

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
UW will win the next 2 and play for the Pac 12 title. They will win that game. We can argue for weeks whether they make the playoffs. You go ahead. I know they will.

Nick Saban has 5 rings and 1 unbeaten season in his career at better football schools than UW.

Urban Meyer has 3 rings and his only unbeaten season was at Utah in the MWC

Point is teams rarely go unbeaten. Once at UW since Gil Dobie

And when you lose you look bad and you suck. Then you get back to work.

Ton Brady can look like shit if you rush him. But Browning is a shit dripping fag if the pocket gets dirty at all. He watches the rush and panics. And he has a shit arm. And I hate him.

But we'll survive. Beat ASU and fuck all the chatter and bullshit. Still a lot to play for.

I went out on the patio at halftime and never went back in. We got our butt kicked by a team that looked like they were a lot more excited than we were. Darnold is way better than Browning. Helton out coached Petersen.

I want another shot at USC now that we've choked and got the pressure off. Let it rip with house money

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This is truth.

Where I, we?, am as a fan is every mistake feels like the first slip back to the prevailing 15 years.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,510
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Last night I found myself screaming at the refs for the first time since 2007 I think.

The personal foul on JoJo got me mad. Ended up costing 3 points.

The USC player flopped like a soccer player and a drama major rolled into one.
    WARNED
  • Options
    SteveSuckisianSteveSuckisian Member Posts: 68
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Playing Michigan in the Rose Bowl is better than that rigged for Bama bullship playoff crap
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Its a nice story father @RaceBannon

People will talk about a Rose bowl still being pretty good or finishing 2nd in the pac12 as pretty good.

"if you would have told me we would beat Oregon and Stanford and finish in the top15 with 10+ wins before the season started I would have purposely driven my Maserati into a tree out of happiness"

Thats great and all but its going to be hard to think that UW is going to have this kind of talent and this type of opportunity again, any time soon.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but this season is on a knife's edge of doing less with more.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

Last night I found myself screaming at the refs for the first time since 2007 I think.

The personal foul on JoJo got me mad. Ended up costing 3 points.

The USC player flopped like a soccer player and a drama major rolled into one.
    WARNED
    Shut it, soccer boy.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    A month ago I was pretty sure we'd lose at least one in the regular season. Then it felt like this team was really special and I gradually bought into the hype. Perhaps the team had similar sentiments. They're only human, like the song says. The brass will deny it, but Tedford's departure and the contract negotiations were probably a factor too. That's why those things are best done in the offseason.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like Browning better than you do, but yeah. Darnold is a lot more physically talented, but that's not Browning's game.

The running game was ineffective. The coaches also abandoned the run too early. Once they did, SC pinned their ears back and teed off on Browning.

WR's were a dreckfest sans Ross. Rarely open and the opposite of clutch (especially Chico.)
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    How dare you talk about Tom Fucking Brady like that? GOAT!!!!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I was pissed last night. Highly annoyed this morning. Basically over it by now. Maybe that's why Race waits half a day to post after we blow it. The thing about Saban really puts it in perspective. 5 rings and one undefeated season. It's fucking hard (lulz) to never lose a game when everyone on the schedule targets you.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    College is a dual threat QB game. It's almost becoming a requirement.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749

I like Browning better than you do, but yeah. Darnold is a lot more physically talented, but that's not Browning's game.

The running game was ineffective. The coaches also abandoned the run too early. Once they did, SC pinned their ears back and teed off on Browning.

WR's were a dreckfest sans Ross. Rarely open and the opposite of clutch (especially Chico.)

Yeah, well, who's the genious calling late & short 40 yard jump ball passes to a 5-7 guy?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    Houhusky said:

Its a nice story father @RaceBannon

People will talk about a Rose bowl still being pretty good or finishing 2nd in the pac12 as pretty good.

"if you would have told me we would beat Oregon and Stanford and finish in the top15 with 10+ wins before the season started I would have purposely driven my Maserati into a tree out of happiness"

Thats great and all but its going to be hard to think that UW is going to have this kind of talent and this type of opportunity again, any time soon.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but this season is on a knife's edge of doing less with more.

Based on past experience, I tend to agree with this. There have to be offensive players hating Smiff almost as much as they hated Willingham right now. Gaskin and Coleman, for example. No way they weren't punching walls last night and screaming "fuck this!"
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    all we've ever asked for is to get a Tom Brady to root for just once again but we keep getting Ton.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club