Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Honks on KJR

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Yep. Pete said after the game the defense played well enough to win. Offense couldn't get it done.

UW offense was just shy of the red zone to take the lead but soiled the bed instead.

Pete must have figured that defensive gameplan would keep USC under 30 points, and figured our offense a good bet to score at least 30 points. That's the only explanation I can think of.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    jecornel said:

Yep. Pete said after the game the defense played well enough to win. Offense couldn't get it done.

UW offense was just shy of the red zone to take the lead but soiled the bed instead.

Thing is that even a FG on that position to make it 17-16 puts tons of pressure on USC there ... but allowing essentially a free rusher on the FG attempt killed all momentum and allowed SC to regroup and realize that they were in a really good position still
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Giving up 24 points to USC should put you in a position to win the game ... for as much as people were bitching about the defense you'd have thought we gave up 40+

There is plenty of blame to go around, fuck it, the special teams extra chromosome punter also sucks.

I think people are mostly frustrated with the defense because we basically field a starting 11 that is a mix of future NFL starters and drunk frat boys and then some fire dancer guy.

I cant understand why the fuck we are playing a 4-2-5 and dropping into a soft zone defense when we have baker, jones, and long neck in the secondary. Let them earn their draft pick and play one on one and bring some heat, especially when our edge rushers cant win a single one on one battle.

The offense is pretty easy, the play calling is hot garbage and browning cant throw the ball further than ole trebuchet or Ronnie. It is what it is, its pretty obvious that those things aren't going to change this season.

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Giving up 24 points to USC should put you in a position to win the game ... for as much as people were bitching about the defense you'd have thought we gave up 40+

There is plenty of blame to go around, fuck it, the special teams extra chromosome punter also sucks.

I think people are mostly frustrated with the defense because we basically field a starting 11 that is a mix of future NFL starters and drunk frat boys and then some fire dancer guy.

I cant understand why the fuck we are playing a 4-2-5 and dropping into a soft zone defense when we have baker, jones, and long neck in the secondary. Let them earn their draft pick and play one on one and bring some heat, especially when our edge rushers cant win a single one on one battle.

The offense is pretty easy, the play calling is hot garbage and browning cant throw the ball further than ole trebuchet or Ronnie. It is what it is, its pretty obvious that those things aren't going to change this season.

That's it for me. I've said the offense sucked last
    night but I'm way more frustrated how passive
    Kwitkowski has gone. Even before Mathis got hurt
    it seemed like he had veered towards bend dont break zone
    which is just incomprehensible to me with the talent in the
    secondary. Think he got wrongly influenced by all the sacks
    against some dreck teams when they only rushed 3-4.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If you watch Browning wind up for a deep pass, he puts everything he has to offer to get it down field.
    He is often late on throw as well.

As Hugh says, improved strength training in the hand and body will help some in future. Only a guy like Hugh would enjoy discussing the intricacies of improving hand strength.