Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The danger

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited November 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
I said weeks ago this team felt like the 90 team and was going to lose one it shouldn't. Most of us kind of knew that deep down inside.

The danger is I could have been two years off and this is the 92 team, where as soon as something goes wrong they fall apart, lose at WSU and blow the bowel game.

I don't think that happens, but it's on the table after that disaster.

Break the ASU streak and beat the shit out of them to restore some confidence.

And then for once it will be actually beat WSU nothing else matters.

Comments

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    We should plunger ASU period. Playoff pressure is gone now (though Clemson and Michigan just shat themselves too). Rose Bowl or bust, same as it ever was.
  • Options

We should plunger ASU period. Playoff pressure is gone now (though Clemson and Michigan just shat themselves too). Rose Bowl or bust, same as it ever was.

Playoffs are very much still on the table. Clemson, Michigan, Auburn and TAMU all lost today. We're not 100% in control of our own destiny anymore but I'd say we have at least a 75% shot at playoffs if we win out.

The problem is winning out.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    We literally will move down 2 spaces
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Win out and we could get in. USC is better than Pitt and Iowa
  • Options
    Good this will refocus their cocky asses
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2016

I wish that were the case, but I think we'll fall several spots. There's just too many quality one loss teams.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Playoffs are very much still on the table. Clemson, Michigan, Auburn and TAMU all lost today. We're not 100% in control of our own destiny anymore but I'd say we have at least a 99.81% shot at playoffs if we win out.

The problem is winning out.
  • Options

I wish that were the case, but I think we'll fall several spots. There's just too many quality one loss teams.
    There are 4 (not including us) one loss teams el oh el fucktard
  • Options

Clemson, Michigan, Ohio State, Louisville

West Virginia
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

West Virginia
    Yikes. I stand corrected. In my grief/anger over the loss tonight my memory failed and thought there were more.

Regardless, I still wouldn't be shocked if the committee bumps us down more.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

dnc said:

West Virginia
    Yikes. I stand corrected. In my grief/anger over the loss tonight my memory failed and thought there were more.

Regardless, I still wouldn't be shocked if the committee bumps us down more.
    Short term, perhaps (though I don't think we fall past 7th). Long term, if we add wins over WSU + the P12 title game, and either Michigan or tOSU adds an inevitable loss, we'll be looking pretty good. There just aren't many 2 loss teams who could get in ahead of us if we win out, and there aren't many one loss teams period.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

West Virginia

Regardless, I still wouldn't be shocked if the committee Tyrone Willingham bumps us down more.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I like to say weeks ago that this team felt like the 90 team when others said BEFORE THE SEASON that this year was 90 ... way to pat yourself on the back
  • Options
    I believer our D will be a lot better next year.. Our RS FR rn have tons of speed Wellingin runs a legit 4.4-4.5, Milo is long and runs a 4.6, Levi is a fucking monster he will be a 1st rounder imo, Amandre looks to be a freak, BP will only get better, Victor and Bierra will most certainly stay now, our DB crootin is so good we will be able to mask those loses, although if Qualls and Vea declare we are fucked.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I like to say weeks ago that this team felt like the 90 team when others said BEFORE THE SEASON that this year was 90 ... way to pat yourself on the back

Link?
  • Options

I believer our D will be a lot better next year.. Our RS FR rn have tons of speed Wellingin runs a legit 4.4-4.5, Milo is long and runs a 4.6, Levi is a fucking monster he will be a 1st rounder imo, Amandre looks to be a freak, BP will only get better, Victor and Bierra will most certainly stay now, our DB crootin is so good we will be able to mask those loses, although if Qualls and Vea declare we are fucked.

Qualls is gone, Vea should be back. Victor it all depends on how bad the injury is.