Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Serious question

ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
With 2 years of total control guaranteed, what does a successful Trump presidency accomplish?

I'm asking for specific legislation/policies/changes.

For example, I'm in favor of a massive commitment to infrastructure projects here at home. Bridges, highways, etc.

Comments

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,376
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Define success.

I expect a repeal of the ACA and tax relief for the 1%.
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    Really looking forward to the commercialization of our national parks. Trump Resort and Lodge Yosemite Valley for only $399 a night is gonna be great!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,415
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016

With 2 years of total control guaranteed, what does a successful Trump presidency accomplish?

For example, I'm in favor of a massive commitment to infrastructure projects here at home. Bridges, highways, etc.

Infrastructure needs to include technology, too. But the roads, bridges and such need fixed too.

ACA has to go. It's fucked and getting fuckier. Allow for health insurance coverage providers to sell across state lines.

Path to citizenship for illegals. Otherwise LEAVE!

Pummel ISIS into absolute submission.

Put some fucking Wall Street crooks in jail.

That's enough for now.

Oh...and grab some pussy. #1 head honcho should get all the trim he wants. JFK-style.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,634
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,247
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2016
    Ambitious 100 Day Plan

If he gets most of that done, it would be a smashing success.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm not even gonna talk about the environment, taxes, and education cause I know he he'll be a disaster on them.

However, there are things that I think would be good.

If he does what he says he'll do, and ends the poison that is politicians moving in and out of lobbying before after and between terms. as well as end lobbying of foreign governments, that would be fantastic.

He claims he'll defend Social Security and medicare. we know the congressional republicans won't. so if he does, good on him. Hillary probably would've privatized like Obama wanted to do.

He says he wants to work with Russia to defeat isis and wants to keep assad in power. if he does that, the more power to him.

He says he's against trade deals. let's see what he can do.

If he does those 4 things, and doesn't attack civil liberties and doesn't strip people of health care, I'll consider it an acceptable presidency.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    whlinder said:

Define success.

I expect a repeal of the ACA and tax relief for the 1%.

1% have suffered enough.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    First line ...

Get Scalia's seat filled with a Scalia like justice. - preferably Ted Cruz.

Thomas has said he will retire, fill his seat with a like minded justice.

Then it is just waiting for Ginsburg, Breyer and Kennedy to sell the couch.

After that the court will be safe for 30 years and I couldn't give a shit.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,685
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2016
    Repeal all of Obama's terrible executive orders

Cut taxes across the board

Appoint a constitutionalist supreme court judge or 3

Neuter the EPA

Reduce business choking federal regulation

Reign in the IRS and fire or prosecute all involved in political targeting.

Repeal Obummer Care.

Allow health insurance companies to do business across state lines. Keep preexisting condition rule.

CCW reciprocity for all 50 states

That'll do.

Senate margin is slim. Some of the not so conservative conservatives could be a stumbling block.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Infrastructure needs to include technology, too. But the roads, bridges and such need fixed too.

ACA has to go. It's fucked and getting fuckier. Allow for health insurance coverage providers to sell across state lines.

That's enough for now.

Oh...and grab some pussy. #1 head honcho should get all the trim he wants. JFK-style.

You mean like a more efficient electrical grid? Fiber networks? Solar roofs?

I'm honestly curious what you had in mind here.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    More money and a bigger dick would be a good start.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    i'm hoping for something that allows me to pocket all the profit from my home sale.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,415

That's enough for now.

You mean like a more efficient electrical grid? Fiber networks? Solar roofs?

I'm honestly curious what you had in mind here.
    Abundance?

Primarily the delivery system for the interweb - whether that is fiber or high powered radio (which is what I use in my remote mountain compound - but it is fucking expensive shit for cable-comparable speed).

If fiber can do the trick, that's fine too - but unless it is somehow government mandated/subsidized, it turns into a numbers game as to where the lines are run. No benefit for private companies to build out to less densely populated areas or towns.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Swaye said:

Based on his campaign talk and his Gettysburg plan, here's what I'd like to see.

FIX THE FUCKING VA
    Replace ACA with something that doesn't suck.
    Limits on lobbyists/political influence peddaling
    Shit can all the bullshit Obama EO's
    Open up some stalled energy projects (Keystone)
    Tighten border security, build a wall, or both and deport ALL criminal illegals
    Infrastructure projects (early and often...been in an airport lately? Our infrastructre looks third world)
    Less ambitious tax cuts...more targeted...small cuts for businesses, small for the 1%, lots for middle class
    Shit can common core
    Conservative SCJ
    Get us out of bullshit treaties/agreeements (Iran Nuclear)

He won't get all of that done, but if he even gets most of it I would be happy.

Sounds like you want the white man gone.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,247
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

The long version of the 100 day plan. A chunk of this can be done quickly, but much will require working with Democrat Senators or rewriting senate rules to eliminate filibuster procedures just as Democrats did when in they were in power so they could confirm left wing judges to lower court appointments.

Six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:
    ★ FIRST, propose a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress.
    ★ SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce the federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health).
    ★ THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated.
    ★ FOURTH, a five year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service.
    ★ FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.
    ★ SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

Seven actions to protect American workers:
    ★ FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205.
    ★ SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
    ★ THIRD, I will direct the Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator.
    ★ FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately.
    ★ FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves,including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
    ★ SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward.
    ★ SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure.

Five actions to restore security
    and the constitutional rule of law:
    ★ FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama.
    ★ SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the U.S. Constitution.
    ★ THIRD, cancel all federal funding to sanctuary cities.
    ★ FOURTH, begin removing the more than two million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back.
    ★ FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered “extreme vetting.”

Middle Class Tax Relief and Simplification Act
    An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with two children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from seven to three, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35%
    to 15%, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10% rate.

End the Offshoring Act
    Establishes tari s to discourage companies from laying o their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

American Energy and Infrastructure Act
    Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over ten years. It is revenue neutral.

School Choice and Education Opportunity Act
    Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends Common Core and brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and makes two- and four- year college more affordable.

Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act
    Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act
    Allows Americans to deduct childcare and eldercare from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-site childcare services and creates tax-free dependent care savings accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

End Illegal Immigration Act
    Fully funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country of Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a two-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a five year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.

Restoring Community Safety Act
    Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a task force on violent crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.

Restoring National Security Act
    Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values.

Clean Up Corruption in Washington Act
    Enacts new ethics reforms to drain the swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,145
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The long version of the 100 day plan. A chunk of this can be done quickly, but much will require working with Democrat Senators or rewriting senate rules to eliminate filibuster procedures just as Democrats did when in they were in power so they could confirm left wing judges to lower court appointments.

Six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:
    ★ FIRST, propose a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress.
    ★ SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce the federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health).
    ★ THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated.
    ★ FOURTH, a five year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service.
    ★ FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.
    ★ SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

Seven actions to protect American workers:
    ★ FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205.
    ★ SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
    ★ THIRD, I will direct the Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator.
    ★ FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately.
    ★ FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves,including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
    ★ SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward.
    ★ SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure.

Five actions to restore security
    and the constitutional rule of law:
    ★ FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama.
    ★ SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the U.S. Constitution.
    ★ THIRD, cancel all federal funding to sanctuary cities.
    ★ FOURTH, begin removing the more than two million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back.
    ★ FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered “extreme vetting.”

Middle Class Tax Relief and Simplification Act
    An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with two children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from seven to three, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35%
    to 15%, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10% rate.

End the Offshoring Act
    Establishes tari s to discourage companies from laying o their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

American Energy and Infrastructure Act
    Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over ten years. It is revenue neutral.

School Choice and Education Opportunity Act
    Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends Common Core and brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and makes two- and four- year college more affordable.

Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act
    Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act
    Allows Americans to deduct childcare and eldercare from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-site childcare services and creates tax-free dependent care savings accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

End Illegal Immigration Act
    Fully funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country of Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a two-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a five year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.

Restoring Community Safety Act
    Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a task force on violent crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.

Restoring National Security Act
    Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values.

Clean Up Corruption in Washington Act
    Enacts new ethics reforms to drain the swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

I basically cherry picked that list for my list, as obviously he isn't going to get nearly all of this, but I do like most of the list.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Ambitious 100 Day Plan

If he gets most of that done, it would be a smashing success.

Seriously? You like this?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

Based on his campaign talk and his Gettysburg plan, here's what I'd like to see.

FIX THE FUCKING VA
    Replace ACA with something that doesn't suck.
    Limits on lobbyists/political influence peddaling
    Shit can all the bullshit Obama EO's
    Open up some stalled energy projects (Keystone)
    Tighten border security, build a wall, or both and deport ALL criminal illegals
    Infrastructure projects (early and often...been in an airport lately? Our infrastructre looks third world)
    Less ambitious tax cuts...more targeted...small cuts for businesses, small for the 1%, lots for middle class
    Shit can common core
    Conservative SCJ
    Get us out of bullshit treaties/agreeements (Iran Nuclear)

He won't get all of that done, but if he even gets most of it I would be happy.

I'd buy you a hooker if I was in Winchester.