Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

APAG you got your wish

2»

Comments

• BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    The only positive of tonight. I am enjoying watching the election pundits shit their pants and Nate Silver of 538 be totally wrong about the election.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

The only positive of tonight. I am enjoying watching the election pundits shit their pants and Nate Silver of 538 be totally wrong about the election.

he wasn't totally wrong. his model gave trump a better shot than most others
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

To his credit, he was one of the only staticians to significantly reduce Clinton's chance of winning for the past few days. Still comfortably called for Clinton win.
  • BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658

Trump's campaign didn't trust him with his Twitter account, but he just got elected president of the most powerful country in the world. Christ.

Trump has the house and the senate. And we handed him the keys to the nuclear codes.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

Trump's campaign didn't trust him with his Twitter account, but he just got elected president of the most powerful country in the world. Christ.

Trump has the house and the senate. And we handed him the keys to the nuclear codes.
    I'm more worried about the house and senate having the white house. those guys are all of the bad parts of trump plus all the downsides of Hillary. Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, oh my god.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

DNC shouldn't have fucked up by not giving Bernie a fair shake.

You're right you know, but still.

Hurtful.
    dhdawg said:

the huffpost tho with their 98.4% chance Hillary wins tho was the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time

@OZONE says hi
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

DNC shouldn't have fucked up by not giving Bernie a fair shake.

That motherfucker @dnc ruins everything

To his credit, he was one of the only staticians to significantly reduce Clinton's chance of winning for the past few days. Still comfortably called for Clinton win.
    Not exactly. He said she won most scenarios, but a scenario like this where Trump wins the EC without winning the popular vote was in play.

It's really hard for computer models to capture this scenario.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

Silver, Chest, Win Probabilty is all bullshit. The Warriors have a 99.9% chance until they don't. Silver had Hillary winning rather easily for over a year until she didn't

Fuck em all

Silver, Chest, Win Probabilty is all bullshit. The Warriors have a 99.9% chance until they don't. Silver had Hillary winning rather easily for over a year until she didn't

Fuck em all
    Silver's model failed because it relied on failed data.

Fuck em all
    That's because they laughed at the actual dialed in pundits who knew there were voters who didn't vote last time who were going to vote this time for Trump. It was also real that the media's assault on Trump made some folks embarrassed to say they were voting for Trump but they did.

Arrogance got the mainstream pundits. They believed their own spin
    They did underestimate the Trump vote and overestimate the impact of minority voters.

Poiling only works if you know what the actual electorate is.
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774

Tonight was the revolution. The system still works. Despite all efforts by media and celebs to anoint Hillary, the anti-establishment candidate won.

One of these has to be wrong.

Fuck em all
    We tried telling you all pre season rankings are bullshit.

This is why we play the games.
    You were right.

To be fair, I did say repeatedly that the Hillary Lockie scenario was in play.
    dhdawg said:

tonight is the death of the political establishment. the democratic party will never recover and there is not a fucking chance the republican party survives 4 years of trump in charge.

Maybe this will finally lead to the revolution, and change that actually benefits the people.

The system is poisoned and broken. As long as we still have our constitutional rights in 4 years this country will survive. will we though? I'm not sure.

All great nations come to an end at some point. We've outlived as a country our lifespan. this could be the death

I'm honestly not that scared of trump. I'm frightened of what the republicans in congress will get trump to do.

Pete Carroll was pretty universally derided when he got to USC and he did alright.