Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

USC Game

KILL THEM KILL THEM KILL THEM

I am so fucking excited for this game. I've never experienced a big game in November in Husky Stadium in my life and it's fucking USC!

KILL THEM

Comments

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,999
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

let's break the fucking decibel record we set against nebraska back in antiquity. calling all fans, doogs and negadawgs alike..

^ pete's head needs to be PSd onto that haha

Won't happen Ever.

New configuration doesn't enhance noise.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2016

Right there with you, Coker. I can't fucking wait. I was pumped for Stanford (said at the time it was the biggest game I'd ever been to), but that was kind of nervous excitement. Wasn't 100% sure what we had yet, are we for real, #ProveIt, etc. Of course they inserted the plunger early and often and the atmosphere was off the charts, awesome game no doubt.

This one's a little different though. 9-0, top 5, November, USC... no more feelings of uncertainty. This is big time college football; we've been waiting our whole life for this.

The Stanford game was amazing haha the crowd stood the whole game and it pretty loud... But this SC is going to be nuts!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2016
    Tequilla said:

Millennials = all their life

Old Guard = 15 years

The generation after the millenals= Same
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Right there with you, Coker. I can't fucking wait. I was pumped for Stanford (said at the time it was the biggest game I'd ever been to), but that was kind of nervous excitement. Wasn't 100% sure what we had yet, are we for real, #ProveIt, etc. Of course they inserted the plunger early and often and the atmosphere was off the charts, awesome game no doubt.

This one's a little different though. 9-0, top 5, November, USC... no more feelings of uncertainty. This is big time college football; we've been waiting our whole life for this.

I have no doubt that Husky Stadium will be packed and fucking loud for the USC game (I intend to go and make myself hoarse from all the yelling).

I still have the nervous excitement though...the team is pretty banged up. Still, I'm sure it will be fine.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2016

I've been through a bunch of them. Took them for granted I did.
    I've haven't been through as many as you Derek, but I did take them for granted - and as the song says, "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone". Never again. I'm going to savor this run. And if God/Allah/Pat Haden is merciful, there will be lots more to celebrate.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Old Guard = 15 years

The generation after the Millenials and Millenials = Worthless pansies
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I won't make it through airport security. Can't wait!!
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited November 2016

Tequilla said:

Old Guard = 15 years

22, so I was 6 for the 2000 Rose Bowl. I vaguely, vaguely remember the fact that I watched it... I was raised an HHB thanks to one of my dads raging at the TV through the late Neu, Gilby, and Ty eras though. I've always expected excellence.
    the ty willingham era made me a partial doog for a while. I was one of the guys who blamed nick holt for everything and was jumping for joy at the idea of making a shit bowl game and signing a top 25 ranked class.
    In 2012, year 4 of Sark, I was finally ready for another step. The absolute joke of a performance in LSU had me beginning to waver, the debacle in Autzen had me depressed. Then the "trust issues" game in Arizona had me as a full blown HHB. cut me some slack. when the first home game you attend as a student is a 6 point win over San Jose State your standards won't be high
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    EwaDawg said:

Gladstone said:

let's break the fucking decibel record we set against nebraska back in antiquity. calling all fans, doogs and negadawgs alike..

^ pete's head needs to be PSd onto that haha

Won't happen Ever.

New configuration doesn't enhance noise.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dhdawg said:

Tequilla said:

Old Guard = 15 years

22, so I was 6 for the 2000 Rose Bowl. I vaguely, vaguely remember the fact that I watched it... I was raised an HHB thanks to one of my dads raging at the TV through the late Neu, Gilby, and Ty eras though. I've always expected excellence.
    the ty willingham era made me a partial doog for a while. I was one of the guys who blamed nick holt for everything and was jumping for joy at the idea of making a shit bowl game and signing a top 25 ranked class.
    In 2012, year 4 of Sark, I was finally ready for another step. The absolute joke of a performance in LSU had me beginning to waver, the debacle in Autzen had me depressed. Then the "trust issues" game in Arizona had me as a full blown HHB. cut me some slack. when the first home game you attend as a student is a 6 point win over San Jose State your standards won't be high
    The first game I attended (though not as a student) was a squeaker over San Jose State too (20-17).

The next home game all Todd Marinovich saw was purple.

#GloryDays
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    Founders Club

I've been through a bunch of them. Took them for granted I did.
    I've haven't been through as many as you Derek, but I did take them for granted - and as the song says, "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone". Never again. I'm going to savor this run. And if God/Allah/Pat Haden is merciful, there will be lots more to celebrate.
    Cinderella. Child of the '80s right thar.

Seattle with UW winning back in the day was awesome. Way better than the Chickenhawks. Let's hope this is the start of something special.