Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SI: Takeaways on first playoff rankings

2»

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    The year Oregon made into the playoff, the committee churned out some weird results the first few weeks, and then in the final the eventual natty champs got a #4 seed because they "hadn't played anyone." The Big XII got the shaft, but let's be honest, they deserved it. (@Tequilla hardy har har)

Win out and UW is in. It's just that simple. If you? lose a game on the way, then you put yourself at the subjective mercies of Ty Willingham, Condoleeza Rice and Mike Mullens.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    AZDuck said:

The year Oregon made into the playoff, the committee churned out some weird results the first few weeks, and then in the final the eventual natty champs got a #4 seed because they "hadn't played anyone." The Big XII got the shaft, but let's be honest, they deserved it. (@Tequilla hardy har har)

Win out and UW is in. It's just that simple. If you? lose a game on the way, then you put yourself at the subjective mercies of Ty Willingham, Condoleeza Rice and Mike Mullens.

Somebody else has already mentioned it, but it seems like the first rankings always have something controversial to generate hype.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The problem is the committee. There should be no fucking committee. Win your conference and you are in. Nuf said on that.

There's the dumbest thing I will read all day.
    You have got to be kidding. You're ok with *our Husky's fate being in the hands of Condy and TWFS? Really? Its time to take all the subjective bullshit out of the equation. Win and you're in. Its almost too simple.
    5 power conferences and 4 playoff spots.

HTH
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Why does this surprise anyone? Cunnilingus Rice (the Mexican dish) and Tyrone are making these decisions. Enough said on that.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,247
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

The problem is the committee. There should be no fucking committee. Win your conference and you are in. Nuf said on that.

You have got to be kidding. You're ok with *our Husky's fate being in the hands of Condy and TWFS? Really? Its time to take all the subjective bullshit out of the equation. Win and you're in. Its almost too simple.

HTH
    This is the problem. The playoff needs to be expanded. I don't have a problem with a committee choosing some playoff spots, but their involvement should be limited to teams that haven't won their conference championships. Expand to 8 teams, 5 automatic bids to the P-5 conference champs and 3 bids from all of D-1 by committee selection.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

HTH
    This is the problem. The playoff needs to be expanded. I don't have a problem with a committee choosing some playoff spots, but their involvement should be limited to teams that haven't won their conference championships. Expand to 8 teams, 5 automatic bids to the P-5 conference champs and 3 bids from all of D-1 by committee selection.
    Agree
  • Options
    Stinky_HankeyStinky_Hankey Member Posts: 82
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

HTH
    If you couldn't infer that I was obviously talking about expanding the playoffs, then I can't help you.