Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TY JONES SENIOR HIGHLIGHTS

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ooof just skimmed through one page and saw a N'Keal Harry comparison, him making the loss of Ross easier to manage, and being able to make up for Browning's shortcomings.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,604
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    The only thing more loathsome than recruits are people who love recruits and hyping them up.

This problem is even 10x worse in basketball.

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ooof just skimmed through one page and saw a N'Keal Harry comparison, him making the loss of Ross easier to manage, and being able to make up for Browning's shortcomings.

I own that. If we're bashing bad takes on THIS forum than Vanillas gonna need a bigger server.

In everyone's defense, he had a strange career. He looked good as a sophomore (especially against Auburn and a CB who is starting for the Bucs) and like 2019 would be his breakout season, then nothing. Was he hurt?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Ty Jones and Marquis Spiker are the definitive lessons in why high school WR’s won’t be successful if they can’t separate from coverage, no matter how good they are at making plays and catching contested balls. The days of big bodied possession receivers are slowly dwindling away

Great post. Ty Jones was not even good at contested catches. It’s just that all his catches were contested so he would have some decent highlights. He also dropped a shit ton of contested passes because that’s just who he was. He rarely separated. He sucked at Fresno too.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

Ty Jones and Marquis Spiker are the definitive lessons in why high school WR’s won’t be successful if they can’t separate from coverage, no matter how good they are at making plays and catching contested balls. The days of big bodied possession receivers are slowly dwindling away

Great post. Ty Jones was not even good at contested catches. It’s just that all his catches were contested so he would have some decent highlights. He also dropped a shit ton of contested passes because that’s just who he was. He rarely separated. He sucked at Fresno too.
    Also had more offensive PI than any other WR I've ever seen
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

NEsnake12 said:

Best Waltzer in the Pac12, but bad for the UW Brand.

When recruiting from the Fine Arts, Acrobats are preferred.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    With Ty I think you can also throw in that as college progressed he shifted a little more into the playing school category
    Tequilla said:

With Ty I think you can also throw in that as college progressed he shifted a little more into the playing school category

And he wasn’t good.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    I remember the fond days of *insert mildly tall receiver* is tearing up high school and/or summer practice hype! Braydon Lenius hype train !!1!

Its no accident that the same people that hyped and then defended Ty Jones, are the same people that shit on BBK and promoted wellington, are the same people that overhyped Eason, are the same people that over hyped Salvon, are the same people that talked about Bryant going in the 1st or 2nd round.

The inverse relationship between being a high school boy stalker and actually evaluating football talent is well established but JFC I had forgotten how absolutely fagged out some were about it.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Salvon's looking good today
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

And he wasn’t good.
    Maybe with different coaching it could have been different. Who knows.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

I remember the fond days of *insert mildly tall receiver* is tearing up high school and/or summer practice hype! Braydon Lenius hype train !!1!

Its no accident that the same people that hyped and then defended Ty Jones, are the same people that shit on BBK and promoted wellington, are the same people that overhyped Eason, are the same people that over hyped Salvon, are the same people that talked about Bryant going in the 1st or 2nd round.

The inverse relationship between being a high school boy stalker and actually evaluating football talent is well established but JFC I had forgotten how absolutely fagged out some were about it.

The thing about Jones is he wasn't that good in high school. He was just tall. He wasn't bumped up to a 4* until very late when tOSU supposedly offered him. When questioned by doogs on why he wasnt a 4*, the TBS experts all said that he had no impact on any games where he faced off against a halfway decent cornerback

Tequilla said:

And he wasn’t good.
    Was Kaleb DeBoer’s staff at Fresno state not up to the task?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

Tequilla said:

And he wasn’t good.
    Jones was better but the issues for him is that Fresno had many other better receivers than him.
    edited January 2023

Tequilla said:

And he wasn’t good.
    Jones was better but the issues for him is that Fresno had many other better receivers than him.
    Again. This is all because he is not very good. No separation. Tons of drops. No need to make excuses. I thought he’d be pretty good. Not hard to see he wasn’t.