Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some Utah news for our Ute donor

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The people who make claims about having been a play or two away are the same as the cockgobblers who like to remove the long runs from a backs average to show how his yards per carry were not impressive.

@Tequilla, true!???
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HFNY said:

It's supremely annoying that they think they were one or two plays away. I was out of town and watched most of the game on my phone and felt Washington was definitely the superior team (much like the Arizona game, playing mostly ahead). Those two bailout calls got them 14 points instead of 3 yet they only focus on alleged bad blocks during Pettis' return as if the Huskies never would've scored again if not for that PR.

SHHHHHH. That article is doing UW a favor if they meet again down the road. Let them think a few adjustments is all they need. Perfect scenario for UW.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753

EwaDawg said:

HuskyJW said:

Its' actually 3 supremely terrible penalty calls cost UW close to 21 points. I could easily see Kyle going for it on 4th down and then azeem gets his penalty. The woooch penalty was downright laughable. Even Soccer fans yelled olè on that flag. Another penalty in the red zone and they score again.

Utah barely moved the ball and if UW had not played hackysack on defense rather than actually pressure a qb who can't throw, or handle pressure this could have been a serious plungering.

Up 21-0 with troy having to throw to lead the team back and holyyyyy shit it would have been ugly.

That's not true...let's give Joe Williams a little credit.
    Joe Williams was the third best (AT BEST) running back on the field.

It wasn't even close.

HTH

I watched the game again with lower angst, and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi numbers jive with what you see.
    UW tackled way better in the 2nd half, after getting bulldozed in the first. One hard hit or wrapping him high won't bring Williams down. They wrapped up, gang tackled and went for his legs a lot more in the 2nd half. And it worked way better.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    edited October 2016
    HuskyJW said:

EwaDawg said:

HuskyJW said:

Its' actually 3 supremely terrible penalty calls cost UW close to 21 points. I could easily see Kyle going for it on 4th down and then azeem gets his penalty. The woooch penalty was downright laughable. Even Soccer fans yelled olè on that flag. Another penalty in the red zone and they score again.

Utah barely moved the ball and if UW had not played hackysack on defense rather than actually pressure a qb who can't throw, or handle pressure this could have been a serious plungering.

Up 21-0 with troy having to throw to lead the team back and holyyyyy shit it would have been ugly.

That's not true...let's give Joe Williams a little credit.
    Joe Williams was the third best (AT BEST) running back on the field.

It wasn't even close.

HTH

Could be...but dude had 175 yards. That's a fantastic game by any standard.
    Okay. If Whitlessham stopped 15 carries earlier - I say Williams was among the best. His incremental production (subtract Coleman or Gaskin totals) was VERY SUCKY.

He is not a Polk or Sankey who got better with the number of carries and wore down the defense. He wore down. Plain and simple.

Dude's per carry average was like 3 yards below Gaskin and five below Coleman. He was simply OK.