Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some Utah news for our Ute donor

Comments

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Its' actually 3 supremely terrible penalty calls cost UW close to 21 points. I could easily see Kyle going for it on 4th down and then azeem gets his penalty. The woooch penalty was downright laughable. Even Soccer fans yelled olè on that flag. Another penalty in the red zone and they score again.

Utah barely moved the ball and if UW had not played hackysack on defense rather than actually pressure a qb who can't throw, or handle pressure this could have been a serious plungering.

Up 21-0 with troy having to throw to lead the team back and holyyyyy shit it would have been ugly.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,030
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    i listened to the utah post-game after, they had a lot of guys saying "we'll see them again" and "we'll get em."

when they're at home and fired up to play they're decent, but they seem to forget theyre gonna have to be colorado, asu, oregon to qualify for the p12 gold medal game.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Jebezus fellow doogs, give them some credit. The pick Browning threw completely changed the momentum of the game. Utah hung tough, played a physical game, jumped out to a lead, and kept the outcome in question until the last play of the game. Big time tip of the cap to them. Anyone watching the game with an objective eye would conclude that UW has the better more talented team, but that game could have gone either way, which is exactly why Utah moved up in the AP poll despite the loss.

There are still games to be played, both teams have to take care of business for a rematch to occur. Looking at the respective team's remaining schedules, UW is more likely to lose a game than Utah is, but even with that, a rematch is likely, and both teams will have the opportunity to clean things up, which could make for a great title game. As always, LIPO.

Wat

Utah will be underdogs in Boulder.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,306
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The S&P ratings put Colorado WAY above Utah. Colorado is 12, Utah is 45.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa

ESPN's FPI puts Colorado at 13 and Utah at 36. (USC is 12).
    http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

Sagarin has Colorado at 17 and Utah at 31. (USC is 15)
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

(Flagged for advanced stats bullshit)

The FPI gave Utah a like 3% chance of winning out. Ours? is ~30% and that includes the higher likelihood we have to play a 13th game.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Its' actually 3 supremely terrible penalty calls cost UW close to 21 points. I could easily see Kyle going for it on 4th down and then azeem gets his penalty. The woooch penalty was downright laughable. Even Soccer fans yelled olè on that flag. Another penalty in the red zone and they score again.

Utah barely moved the ball and if UW had not played hackysack on defense rather than actually pressure a qb who can't throw, or handle pressure this could have been a serious plungering.

Up 21-0 with troy having to throw to lead the team back and holyyyyy shit it would have been ugly.

That's not true...let's give Joe Williams a little credit.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

It's supremely annoying that they think they were one or two plays away. I was out of town and watched most of the game on my phone and felt Washington was definitely the superior team (much like the Arizona game, playing mostly ahead). Those two bailout calls got them 14 points instead of 3 yet they only focus on alleged bad blocks during Pettis' return as if the Huskies never would've scored again if not for that PR.

lol, fuck them
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    HuskyJW said:

Joe Williams was the third best (AT BEST) running back on the field.

It wasn't even close.

HTH

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    EwaDawg said:

HuskyJW said:

It wasn't even close.

HTH

I watched the game again with lower angst, and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi numbers jive with what you see.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    The Salt Lake Tribune is your source
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2016

EwaDawg said:

HuskyJW said:

It wasn't even close.

HTH

I watched the game again with lower angst, and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi numbers jive with what you see.
    That doesn't confirm he was the third best at best RB on the field.

That was a GOOD Utah RB.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

HuskyJW said:

It wasn't even close.

HTH

That doesn't confirm he was the third best at best RB on the field.

That was a GOOD Utah RB.
    He is really fucking good.

I'd say Gaskin is better.

Saying Coleman is better has got to be shtick (though Coleman has turned into a damn good back).