Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

what is most encouraging to me

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
this team is still learning how to win. Is UW ready to beat a bona fide playoff team like Clemson yet? no, although it would be competitive. no one is challenging bama this year though.

However there are stretches, especially in this game, where Washington absolutely looks the part. When they went down 17-14 and marched it right down the field was as impressive as it gets.

A lot of the problems that UW faced today were self inflicted. Penalties, mental mistakes, a really bad interception. Those things are correctable and I bet will improve as the season goes along.

The pass rush specifically must improve, and unfortunately barring a return of mathis I don't see that happening. gonna need to change up the defensive philosophy some to compensate.

Bottom line though is this team is getting it done when it matters, and it's fun to watch. And I think they have as good a chance as anyone of improving as the year progresses.

Comments