Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is Pete a History Nerd?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Anyone notice Dennis' list has no number 2? Did he crash on Highway 2 and leave it out to avoid triggering himself?

Nice catch. Why does Dennis hate offensive linemen that average 332 pounds and are ready to rumble anyway? WHY DOES DDY HATE OSSAI????
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/105332/why-washington-for-chris-petersen-the-huskies-are-a-challenge-worth-fighting-for

Fellow history nerds of the bored - if there are any - did anyone notice this today in Ted Miller's piece today on the Pac 12 Blog: "Petersen subscribes to the Harvard Business Review -- "Ideas and advice for leaders" -- and he said he's a big fan of Jim Collins' "Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap ... and Others Don't." A favorite non-fiction work is Doris Kearns Goodwin's nearly 1,000-page tome "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln."

I've been high on Pete for a while, but this gave me one more thing to doog about- i.e., a coach that can enjoy a dense 1000 page piece of non-fiction, albeit an endlessly fascinating one, like Doris Kearns Goodwin's study of Lincoln. For the sake of comparison, does anyone here know what sort of taste in books Sark had?

I also love seeing Pete absorb the historical lessons of Lincoln. Remember Honest Abe wasn't about instant gratification; he had a couple of tough seasons in '62 and early '63 and many wanted him fired. But once he had his own guys in there - i.e., winners like Grant and Sherman - he was plungering the SEC (I mean CSA) big time.

Well, I don't know about you but I’m a little tired of hearing ‘it’s all about us’ from the UW coaches. I get it, I understand it - but it really doesn’t tell me much more than I already know. And it certainly doesn't make for interesting fan fodder.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's a real treat to have AANDY posting here.