Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My favorite defensive play from Saturday.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
In the 4th quarter: On 3rd and 1 stanford's QB faked a hand off and is running a bootleg. Marcus Peters gets off his block and tackles him behind the line of scrimmage, with Travis Feeney cleaning up.

Awesome.

At least it's the best play I can remember.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Passion said:

In the 4th quarter: On 3rd and 1 stanford's QB faked a hand off and is running a bootleg. Marcus Peters gets off his block and tackles him behind the line of scrimmage, with Travis Feeney cleaning up.

Awesome.

That was a great play by the defense, a fucktarded play call by Stanford (power run up the middle works there), and bad execution by Hogan. Had Hogan cut inside instead of outside, he had room to make the first down.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    Sure, but when is the last time a Husky defender actually shed a block and made a tackle behind the line of scrimmage? I think pleated khakis were still in style.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333

Passion said:

Awesome.

That was a great play by the defense, a fucktarded play call by Stanford (power run up the middle works there), and bad execution by Hogan. Had Hogan cut inside instead of outside, he had room to make the first down.
    I was going to say the same thing. Hogan just had to make one cut and dive, and Stanford gets ready to go into victory formation.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Passion said:

Sure, but when is the last time a Husky defender actually shed a block and made a tackle behind the line of scrimmage? I think pleated khakis were still in style.

huh?

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Passion said:

Whoa whoa whoa...what are you saying?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,141 Founders Club
    Passion said:

I think you meant to say non-pleated khakis.
  • brianwwu29brianwwu29 Member Posts: 35
    Passion said:

Awesome.

Agreed. Peters is a stud and I'd bet that single play helps out his draft stock quite a bit. He's a multi-dimensional player.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I agree Passion, but I'm pretty sure that was everyone's favorite play.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    edited October 2013
    I was pretty fond of Peters' interception as well
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    edited October 2013

Yea, not really noteworthy to single out the 3rd-and-1, 4th quarter stop that involved Peters spinning around, breaking a block, and taking down Hogan. That play "won" us the game.

But yes, it was awesome.

Side note: are all college coaches a little retarded? Every one of us knows Stanford picks that yard up if they run it up the gut. What is Shaw thinking? A naked bootleg? That was Sarkesque.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Shaw has issues with decision making. But he is well spoken.

Yea, not really noteworthy to single out the 3rd-and-1, 4th quarter stop that involved Peters spinning around, breaking a block, and taking down Hogan. That play "won" us the game.

But yes, it was awesome.

Side note: are all college coaches a little retarded? Every one of us knows Stanford picks that yard up if they run it up the gut. What is Shaw thinking? A naked bootleg? That was Sarkesque.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club

Shaw has issues with decision making. But he is well spoken.

But yes, it was awesome.

Is this a blick joke? Passion?
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,490
    I liked the hit on the punt return that was ruled "Unnecessary Roughness". That call clearly sucked. He hit him too hard.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

I don't know. The play that Hauoli Kikaha got tackled with not holding penalty was pretty good. (joke).
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    I know this is crazy talk, but Sark is a better play caller than Shaw. That is the only reason we won last year.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    Peters is consistently great. Deserves all-conf consideration this year.

But the pleasant surprise for me was Feeney. He'd been pretty quiet this year, until Saturday. He was flying all over the place, smokin' weed and talkin' shit.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    alumni94 said:

I know this is crazy talk, but Sark is a better play caller than Shaw. That is the only reason we won last year.

Shaw's shitty talent evaluation is why UW won last year.