Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'm starting to hate Nigel Williams Goss

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
Don't get me wrong, I like the kid and I'm glad UW signed him. I think he'll have a very good career here. But the hoops doogs are out control with this kid. Nobody's been this overhyped since Basnight thought Hawes was the second coming of Bill Brasky.

The latest example from a lesser site has moosewhosails (the doogliest hoops doog) jizzing over NGW winning the annual team mile run. The same run that translates so fully to on court success that it was once won by Artem Wallace. And then sylrDOOG jumps in with this gem:

"Doesn't surprise me. 1 more validation of how under-rated this team and its players are ...
Romar must be giddy thinking how good this team can be ... of course he would not admit it but just wait and see fellow DAWG Nutts ...

Seriously. A true freshman running the fastest mile time is validation that the team and it's players are underrated.

I know, I know, water is wet, DGD, etc

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Just read further in to the thread. SpadoFS is actually the voice of reason.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Shit. Belongs Nowhere. Until March.
  • brianwwu29brianwwu29 Member Posts: 35
    I used to run a pretty good mile. But i couldn't jump very high. Or finish at the rim with my left hand. FWIW
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I run a great mile. Time to suit up!
  • dnc said:

Don't get me wrong, I like the kid and I'm glad UW signed him. I think he'll have a very good career here. But the hoops doogs are out control with this kid. Nobody's been this overhyped since Abdul Gaddy

Obvious fix.

Also heard Doogs saying I'd rather have NWG over Gordon, Bird, etc. I hate our fans.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

dnc said:

Don't get me wrong, I like the kid and I'm glad UW signed him. I think he'll have a very good career here. But the hoops doogs are out control with this kid. Nobody's been this overhyped since Abdul Gaddy

Obvious fix.

Also heard Doogs saying I'd rather have NWG over Gordon, Bird, etc. I hate our fans.
    Juxtposing WDWHA with overwrought hype for a kid who has never played a minute of college ball. Sounds like typical Doogfarm re-re's.

Anyone have a dump truck full of kerosene and a flamethrower?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited October 2013

dnc said:

Obvious fix.

Gaddy was obviously way overranked but I don't remember the doogs jizzing over him like they are Goss. Of course, doogwhosails didn't exist on the boreds back then, so perhaps it would have been just as bad.

OTOH, name this doog:
    NGW is a very, very special player. He works harder than anyone else, and with more focus and intelligence about what he does. He is a natural leader, the likes of which come along so rarely these days. He is much more mature than most college freshmen could ever hope to be, and he has already played against better competition than virtually all other freshmen have. He is ready to start from game one, and he will be the key to this team by the latter part of this season. I just do not have much doubt about that at this point.

Many people underestimate just how important intelligence is for athletes. It is huge, as is drive and motivation. NGW has all of those in spades, that is obvious.

I just have a feeling that we will look back someday and say that I remember when...
    Then when spado of all people tells him to ease up on the kid who hasn't played a minute of college basketball, this is his response:
    Nope, Spado, I have seen enough of NGW playing against truly elite competition. The guy is a special player. He is the PG that Romar has waited his whole coaching career to get. And he is more than ready to play right now, and to be a team leader right now
    Anyone have a dump truck full of kerosene and a flamethrower?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Fleenor? Moose? Beach?
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    I hear this is the year Joe Wolfinger finally shakes off the injury bug and really puts it together.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    Upvote for Bill Brasky, he's a son of a bitch