Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

More Oregon and Warshington

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    "Take away 3 plays and we're 11-1. Plus, you can't expect to beat Oregon in your first year. " - AuburnFleenor rationalizing 8-4 before the bowel game.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013
    dnc said:

"Take away 3 plays and we're 11-1. Plus, you can't expect to beat Oregon in your first year. " - AuburnFleenor rationalizing 8-4 before the bowel game.

I still can't believe (I actually can, but still) Auburn first post on here after the loss was about, "Sark said Van Winkle is not 100%. That explains a lot." It took all of an hour for him to start moving the goalposts and have a ready excuse for the loss.

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

We're gonna lose by 20.

Is that 20 points or 20 touchdowns? the Husky Defense is the one phase of Sarkball that seems to be improving, even if ever so slightly, with each game....... seriously, it does. Could it be enough against Oregon? Is seems possible with a couple of improbable IF'S: First, that Sark's offense contributes by putting together 60 minutes of error-free football while scoring no less than 30 points; and second, that Sark's special teams in defending against kick-offs and punts allow no returns greater than 10 yards. This is total fantasy, of course.......

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950
    Swaye said:

From Mandel on this weeks big games:

• Oregon at Washington, Saturday (4 p.m. ET): Washington's top-10 defense is the real deal. It held Stanford to 279 total yards. Now it will go up against a Ducks offense currently averaging 630 yards a game. Both teams run no-huddle attacks, so don't expect to run to the kitchen without missing at least three plays.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131006/bcs-title-race-college-football-overtime/#ixzz2h2TQeN8H

Oregon is averaging 630 per. Holy fuck. And I agree with Mandel, our defense is legit. Too bas Sark is a retarded monkey, or we would go to the RB this year.

wait what?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Swaye said:

From Mandel on this weeks big games:

• Oregon at Washington, Saturday (4 p.m. ET): Washington's top-10 defense is the real deal. It held Stanford to 279 total yards. Now it will go up against a Ducks offense currently averaging 630 yards a game. Both teams run no-huddle attacks, so don't expect to run to the kitchen without missing at least three plays.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131006/bcs-title-race-college-football-overtime/#ixzz2h2TQeN8H

Oregon is averaging 630 per. Holy fuck. And I agree with Mandel, our defense is legit. Too bas Sark is a retarded monkey, or we would go to the RB this year.

wait what?
    He said Sark sucks
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited October 2013
    If we don't hand the game to them, there is a possibilty of victory. This is not a BS team. They play well at home. Are the birds better? Yep. But on a good day, in the Dawg house, it could happen.

So it's like this: What are the chances of no coaching screw ups? Slim to zero. That could decide the game. (It does seem like he's had two or three games he didn't screw up much if any.)

• I don't think Oregon will get their usual yards on UW this week.

However, if UW can't defend kickoffs against Stanford what the fuck are they going to do against Oregon?! You know they'll house at least one kickoff and set up a few more scoring drives as well.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

I don't think Oregon will get their usual yards on UW this week.

However, if UW can't defend kickoffs against Stanford what the fuck are they going to do against Oregon?! You know they'll house at least one kickoff and set up a few more scoring drives as well.

After what they didn't get done against Stanford, is there a chance Sark and staff will spend most of their preparation time for Oregon on defending kickoffs, thus giving the offense some time off to become far less intellectual and thus not as error-prone? Just thinking....... that following the near flawless game against BSU, there's been some part of our game that's been wanting in 3 of the last 4 games(ISU doesn't count). This leads me to believe more and more without knowing anything that Sark's practice planning and management is similar to that boy trying to plug leaks in the dike and never having enough fingers. Sark can't of course acquire more fingers, but a smaller dike might help.

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Is there a chance Sark and staff will spend most of their preparation time for Oregon on defending kickoffs

Yes, Sark mentioned this in a kick ass presser today, going to clean things up and correct the mistakes for Sat. Five days to clean things up for the 1pm blackout.

There’s still the disappointment when you don’t win. There’s no awards for losing