Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

More Oregon and Warshington

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
From Mandel on this weeks big games:

• Oregon at Washington, Saturday (4 p.m. ET): Washington's top-10 defense is the real deal. It held Stanford to 279 total yards. Now it will go up against a Ducks offense currently averaging 630 yards a game. Both teams run no-huddle attacks, so don't expect to run to the kitchen without missing at least three plays.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131006/bcs-title-race-college-football-overtime/#ixzz2h2TQeN8H

Oregon is averaging 630 per. Holy fuck. And I agree with Mandel, our defense is legit. Too bas Sark is a retarded monkey, or we would go to the RB this year.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited October 2013
    We're gonna lose by 20.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

We're gonna lose by 20.

Sad isn't it?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Stanford is not fast other than #7 who wouldn't start at Oregon. You know what Stanford is going to do. Wilcock has got his guys playing physical and does well against Stanford because its straight forward.

If he can get his guys to tackle the right guy in space against Oregon we can crown his ass and he'll get his 15 minutes of super fame
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Oh and I like Washington this week
    edited October 2013

Stanford is not fast other than #7 who wouldn't start at Oregon. You know what Stanford is going to do. Wilcock has got his guys playing physical and does well against Stanford because its straight forward.

If he can get his guys to tackle the right guy in space against Oregon we can crown his ass and he'll get his 15 minutes of super fame

He got lesser athletes at BSU to do it against Oregon, but Oregon wasn't the team they are now. Big test for Wilcox. I think our guys will give up some big plays (obviously), but I think we don't give up their 630 average either. We will still lose, because Sark sucks, but I think the D will give them best game out of us in a decade.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    I like Washington as well - for selfish reasons. If an upset is pulled, both Pat Haden and the Ghost of Al Davis will call the Sark household. Door. Ass. Out.

One lesson learned from Doogs - Hope is FREE.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Swaye said:

He got lesser athletes at BSU to do it against Oregon, but Oregon wasn't the team they are now. Big test for Wilcox. I think our guys will give up some big plays (obviously), but I think we don't give up their 630 average either. We will still lose, because Sark sucks, but I think the D will give them best game out of us in a decade.
    UW shouldn't give up 630. UW is actually a competent football program.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

Pretty much exactly this

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,371 Founders Club
    If I'm Wilcox, I go after Mariota and try to get shots on him.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    If we're penalized, get it on the defensive side. Hurt the MFs. Make them pay.

A few penalities like that are about playing hard....offensive calls are just stupid slop with zero purpose.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    We're gonna get burnt in kickoff coverage and the honks will blame the kicker and not the guys that keep playing him I actually think the game will be close cause I respect the hell out of price. We lose 45-37
    Meek said:

My biggest concern is that the Ducks will score 2 touchdowns on the opening kick off.

If not three.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

If I'm Wilcox, I go after Mariota and try to get shots on him.

FO, G
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    If we lose by less than 10, the doogs will celebrate breaking the streak of 9 years double digit losses

If we lose by less than 10, the doogs will celebrate breaking the streak of 9 years double digit losses

Plus UW will still be PERFECT against the spread. You can't fire a coach who is 6-0 against the spread, even though he'll be back down to a career .500 against FBS teams.
    8-4 is incremental progress. Coach Sark has earned this extension. - Scott Woodward
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don't know if I can predict a win, but I think it will be a close game. I think we probably lose by 7-10.