Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Coaches played a mind game on Death Row Defense tonight

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
After the Beavs scored the 75 yd td in the third qtr, the next defensive series were all our #2's minus Psalm and Gaines. From that point on, the only starters that were in were them, along with Qualls and Vea and only two of them at any one time.

During that initial series I saw Azeem standing next to CP I believe pleading his case to let the ones back on the field.

My guess is the coaches wanted to let that taste of the long run play along with the series before that where Oregon State went 63 yards to open the second half down to the two before being pushed back be the last thing the defense has to chew on for this weeks preparation vs. Utah.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,334 Founders Club
    I basically wondered the same thing
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    godawgst said:

After the Beavs scored the 75 yd td in the third qtr, the next defensive series were all our #2's minus Psalm and Gaines. From that point on, the only starters that were in were them, along with Qualls and Vea and only two of them at any one time.

During that initial series I saw Azeem standing next to CP I believe pleading his case to let the ones back on the field.

My guess is the coaches wanted to let that taste of the long run play along with the series before that where Oregon State went 63 yards to open the second half down to the two before being pushed back be the last thing the defense has to chew on for this weeks preparation vs. Utah.

Azeem's gonna kill a guy at Utah.
  • Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    H_D said:

godawgst said:

It might be in a dark alley before or after the game....
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,162
    Nothing like a little blue balls to get them motivated. I expect a result similar to what happens when you deprive inmates of women.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,090 Swaye's Wigwam

H_D said:

godawgst said:

ISAFNRC

and there are no dark alleys in Utah
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Alexis said:

H_D said:

godawgst said:

ISAFNRC

and there are no dark alleys in Utah
    Disagree.

#HersheyHighwayHeadquarters