Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How to Improve the College Football Experience

* Have real playoffs. Don't give me Condoleeza Rice and Tyrone Willingham picking contenders. If you say you are having a playoff, have a playoff. Each division sends its champion into an ordinary playoff series.

* Wear the same uniform design for home games and same for away games. Ditch the fancy uniforms. Only in very rare cases roll out a variation, but make it modest.

* Get rid of all the electronics in the stadium except the PA and lights. I'm serious. Just ditch it. Construct a real scoreboard, not one in the background surrounded by McDonald's signs. Stop playing goofy crap on the jumbotron. Don't play silly games on the jumbotron. Don't tell us about world class UW physicians and volleyball players from 10 years ago.

* There is an argument for instant replay officiating. I know it but reject it. Officials are not making determinate calls now because they know if it is close it can be overturned. What is needed is more training for officials so that can make better calls and not rely on technology. We need better officiating not better technology.

* All seating should be festival seating. Get rid of the elite, caste system of socioeconomic seating. This means that fans that arrive earlier get the better seats. Fans that arrive earlier are more into football. Bring back free bus trips to the stadium. Clear out the luxury suites. Make it possible to stand in the luxury suite area and mingle. Just keep a check of the number of people in there so it doesn't create a danger.

* A cup of coffee or soda should be no more than a couple of bucks. If you are going to charge $5 for a cup of coffee, at least back it up with real cream and not powder.

* Stop making hard hits "unnecessary roughness." My high school coach said that if you don't like collisions join the golf team. You don't HAVE to play football you know. Only eject/penalize players for truly dangerous targeting. Just hitting somebody hard is not dangerous.

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited October 2013
    Thumbs up for the most part, except for #1 and #2. Banish all contract bowls and let the top ranked teams play each other. No one wants to see #6 (or so) Stanford play #22 Wisconsin every year. If a team is that low ranked, they don't deserve a chance to compete in the big arena. If a certain conference champion isn't good enough and can't make the cut, then they're SOL. We don't wanna see them.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    agree with all of that except for your "elite" seating hang up.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

Thumbs up for the most part, except for #1 and #2. Banish all contract bowls and let the top ranked teams play each other. No one wants to see #6 (or so) Stanford play #22 Wisconsin every year. If a team is that low ranked, they don't deserve a chance to compete in the big arena. If a certain conference champion isn't good enough and can't make the cut, then they're SOL. We don't wanna see them.

yeah, I see the point, but just so long as the playoffs allow for teams that win all their games, for example, have a change to go the distance. The way it is now going to work, the "playoffs" will be subject to the discretion of people like Coach Willingham and Condoleeza Rice.

I just said "how to improve".... it's still totally unrealistic!

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

you mean it was a comment and not a question?
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited October 2013

yeah, I see the point, but just so long as the playoffs allow for teams that win all their games, for example, have a change to go the distance. The way it is now going to work, the "playoffs" will be subject to the discretion of people like Coach Willingham and Condoleeza Rice.
    I'm not sure how it would be possible to satisfy everyone. I agree that most undefeated teams should be given the chance to go the distance, but only to a certain extent. Take an undefeated Louisville team that only plays scrubs. Then a 1 loss Texas A&M, Oregon/Stanford/Washington or [fill in the blank] team (for example). I don't want to see the Louisville scrub beaters in the playoffs over one of these teams. I just don't think they deserve it based on their SOS.

I'm not sure how it would be possible to satisfy everyone. I agree that most undefeated teams should be given the chance to go the distance, but only to a certain extent. Take an undefeated Louisville team that only plays scrubs. Then a 1 loss Texas A&M, Oregon/Stanford/Washington or [fill in the blank] team (for example). I don't want to see the Louisville scrub beaters in the playoffs over one of these teams. I just don't think they deserve it based on their SOS.
    A team that only plays scrubs is going to have to enter the first round of playoffs against a team that paid its dues with a tough schedule. The likelihood of a scrub playing team knocking off a team that plays a real schedule is not much.

I don't know. I guess I get tired of the money making machine that cfb is.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Sounds like your missing the point of why NCAA football exists. $$$. Don't buy the coffee if it costs too much, fucktard.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

* Have real playoffs. Don't give me Condoleeza Rice and Tyrone Willingham picking contenders. If you say you are having a playoff, have a playoff. Each division sends its champion into an ordinary playoff series.

* Wear the same uniform design for home games and same for away games. Ditch the fancy uniforms. Only in very rare cases roll out a variation, but make it modest.

* Get rid of all the electronics in the stadium except the PA and lights. I'm serious. Just ditch it. Construct a real scoreboard, not one in the background surrounded by McDonald's signs. Stop playing goofy crap on the jumbotron. Don't play silly games on the jumbotron. Don't tell us about world class UW physicians and volleyball players from 10 years ago.

* There is an argument for instant replay officiating. I know it but reject it. Officials are not making determinate calls now because they know if it is close it can be overturned. What is needed is more training for officials so that can make better calls and not rely on technology. We need better officiating not better technology.

* All seating should be festival seating. Get rid of the elite, caste system of socioeconomic seating. This means that fans that arrive earlier get the better seats. Fans that arrive earlier are more into football. Bring back free bus trips to the stadium. Clear out the luxury suites. Make it possible to stand in the luxury suite area and mingle. Just keep a check of the number of people in there so it doesn't create a danger.

* A cup of coffee or soda should be no more than a couple of bucks. If you are going to charge $5 for a cup of coffee, at least back it up with real cream and not powder.

* Stop making hard hits "unnecessary roughness." My high school coach said that if you don't like collisions join the golf team. You don't HAVE to play football you know. Only eject/penalize players for truly dangerous targeting. Just hitting somebody hard is not dangerous.