Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The true religion of peace : teen beaten to death at church counseling session pastor pleads guilty

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    religion is the problem, but islam is just more of a problem than any other
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Does anyone know what he said to deserve it?
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Look at how many people are killed because of Christianity. Then look at how many people are killed because of Islam. Then, consider that the world has about 50% more Christians than Muslims in it.

There's problems everywhere. But Islam is, by far, a bigger problem. I do feel bad for peaceful Muslims, though, and I honestly have no idea how to solve the problem. Fighting war after war doesn't seem to be working.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Read what the koran says about infidels (you) and then pop off.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Look at how many people are killed because of Christianity. Then look at how many people are killed because of Islam. Then, consider that the world has about 50% more Christians than Muslims in it.

There's problems everywhere. But Islam is, by far, a bigger problem. I do feel bad for peaceful Muslims, though, and I honestly have no idea how to solve the problem. Fighting war after war doesn't seem to be working.

I have a solution.

I know you are being sarcastic but an asteroid hit that big would wipe out all life on the Earth for a couple hundred years.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Common sense is useless for the "atheists" who have specific vendetta for Christianity.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No problem if you want to say that extreme islam has been worse than extreme christianity recently -- but that is like saying that Smallpox has killed more humans than the Spanish Flu. Both diseases have been shitty, and all diseases are shitty, not just the shittiest.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

The Bible doesn't have any of that stuff...
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Convert or die?
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Convert or die?

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    PurpleJ said:

Yes J. Read the Quran And place it in context. Then pop off.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,003
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    hint: it's about more than just religion
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

PurpleJ said:

Somebody needs to grow the hell up and learn the difference between the Old and New Testaments.

Everyone's talking about the difference between Moses and Jesus.

#NewCovenantNewAttitude
  • Options
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Somebody needs to grow the hell up and learn the difference between the Old and New Testaments.

#NewCovenantNewAttitude
    It's always special to have a special book and to pick and choose the special parts you especially like.

Why do Christians get to pick and choose the parts of their book they support, but Muslims don't?
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

#NewCovenantNewAttitude
    It's always special to have a special book and to pick and choose the special parts you especially like.

Why do Christians get to pick and choose the parts of their book they support, but Muslims don't?
    Because the book explicitly says things have changed.

For the record, the Koran is basically the exact opposite of the Bible. The Koran starts with peace and tolerance and gets progressively more violent and hateful. The Bible moves in the opposite direction. So if you assume that things written later trump things written earlier (as basically every faith does), you get predominately peaceful New Testament Christians and many significantly violent Muslims. Because that's what their holy texts produce.

But you don't have to agree with that interpretation of the texts, you can just look at the followers of said texts for evidence. Violent Muslims make a lot more headlines than violent Christians for a reason, and it's not media bias. There are a hell of a lot more people reading the Koran who think "this is telling me to be violent" than those reading the Bible who take it that way.
    I'm not defending Islam, I'm pointing out the massive issue with interpretation of old text written by a bunch of cave people.

This issue is not unique to any religion. It might be the one thing that they all have in common.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

#NewCovenantNewAttitude

Because the book explicitly says things have changed.

For the record, the Koran is basically the exact opposite of the Bible. The Koran starts with peace and tolerance and gets progressively more violent and hateful. The Bible moves in the opposite direction. So if you assume that things written later trump things written earlier (as basically every faith does), you get predominately peaceful New Testament Christians and many significantly violent Muslims. Because that's what their holy texts produce.

But you don't have to agree with that interpretation of the texts, you can just look at the followers of said texts for evidence. Violent Muslims make a lot more headlines than violent Christians for a reason, and it's not media bias. There are a hell of a lot more people reading the Koran who think "this is telling me to be violent" than those reading the Bible who take it that way.
    I'm not defending Islam, I'm pointing out the massive issue with interpretation of old text written by a bunch of cave people.

This issue is not unique to any religion. It might be the one thing that they all have in common.
    Not unpleasant because of lack of skills, mind you.

Can't wait for the honeymoon to GORST.