Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Colt Lyerla leaves Oregon

2»

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

ASJ would be puking his guts out right now after running the stairs all day if we had a coach

It's okay brah it's not your fault. It's that damn ref who doesn't respect the EMOTION of the game! I'm going to file a protest and those players were faking injuries!

Sark despite claiming he'll address the problem never actually does that because the same problems in year one exist in year five.
    Anyone notice the sideline slut after halftime said she asked sark if he addressed the penalties to his team at halftime and all he said was "we need to relax." She said she asked him again, "well did you address the penalty issue with your team?" "we need to relax."

What the flying fuck does that mean? He doesn't fucking get it, that's for sure.
    Dude, it is a fucking sideline slut reporter interview. There many platforms to harp on Sark, but this is a reach.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Phil Bleenor knew he wouldn't make it three years when the kid was in High School.

Shit, even I knew that.

local knowledge
    Gladstone said:

ASJ would be puking his guts out right now after running the stairs all day if we had a coach

It's okay brah it's not your fault. It's that damn ref who doesn't respect the EMOTION of the game! I'm going to file a protest and those players were faking injuries!

Sark despite claiming he'll address the problem never actually does that because the same problems in year one exist in year five.
    Anyone notice the sideline slut after halftime said she asked sark if he addressed the penalties to his team at halftime and all he said was "we need to relax." She said she asked him again, "well did you address the penalty issue with your team?" "we need to relax."

What the flying fuck does that mean? He doesn't fucking get it, that's for sure.
    Dude, it is a fucking sideline slut reporter interview. There many platforms to harp on Sark, but this is a reach.
    I don't think Sark was prepared for the sideline slut to ask a legitimate question.

Go figure.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Gladstone said:

I don't think Sark was prepared.

Go figure.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    "a professional career"....in what?

He would be lucky to be drafted in the NFL. He doesn't have the numbers and now is a head case.
    Him and Tim Tebow can start a "great athlete" league.
    alumni94 said:

He would be lucky to be drafted in the NFL. He doesn't have the numbers and now is a head case.

Jake Locker didn't have the numbers either.

He may not get drafted, but he'll get a look.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    alumni94 said:

Interesting that you use college numbers to prove Lyerla would be lucky to look an NFL look, then compare him to Tebow. Tebow is evidence that college numbers don't mean anything in the NFL.

Look at the great tight ends in the NFL, how many of them put up big numbers in college? Not Gates. Not Graham. Not up and coming Jordan Cameron.

Yes, Gronk, Witten and Gonzalez had strong college careers. But you don't need college success to do anything in the NFL at tight end. You do need to have talent. Lyerla has plenty of that. His head may keep him from ever putting it together, but so far the Honey Badger looks like a great risk. I think Lyerla will be too.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

I think with a real coach, ASJ would by now have stopped puking, either by leaving the program for good or by performing on game days as the well-developed future all-pro TE a shitload of hyperbole predicted he'd be.

While watching the Stanford game on Saturday, my son and I nearly laughed our asses off when the TV color-guy started wondering in the 4th quarter why ASJ wasn't putting in the performance and being the key weapon in Sark's offense that he, the TV color-guy pontificated in the first half.

It seems obvious to me that although ASJ showed us exceptional potential as a freshman two years ago, he has allowed himself to be a victum of great expectations encouraged by Internet doogs and a few media experts such as that SI idiot Kiper. Odd how the truly good ones are so passionate about football that this slacking never seems to happen to them.

• alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    I think Keith has more people to throw to. ASJ doesn't need to be a weapon.

That being said...he better step it up.

Tailgater said:

I think with a real coach, ASJ would by now have stopped puking, either by leaving the program for good or by performing on game days as the well-developed future all-pro TE a shitload of hyperbole predicted he'd be.

While watching the Stanford game on Saturday, my son and I nearly laughed our asses off when the TV color-guy started wondering in the 4th quarter why ASJ wasn't putting in the performance and being the key weapon in Sark's offense that he, the TV color-guy pontificated in the first half.

It seems obvious to me that although ASJ showed us exceptional potential as a freshman two years ago, he has allowed himself to be a victum of great expectations encouraged by Internet doogs and a few media experts such as that SI idiot Kiper. Odd how the truly good ones are so passionate about football that this slacking never seems to happen to them.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    alumni94 said:

Lyerla will play in the NFL. His stock will take a hit with this, but he has plenty of ability. He was the #2 TE on the NF: draft list before the season. I would be shocked if a team doesn't take a mid round flyer on him. He's a fucking monster. He even played some RB for Oregon.

• pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941

Lyerla says he is done with football and will pursue a professional degree. I'd take 100:1 odds of that happening

Heard ServePro is hiring in Springfield

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

Lyerla will play in the NFL. His stock will take a hit with this, but he has plenty of ability. He was the #2 TE on the NF: draft list before the season. I would be shocked if a team doesn't take a mid round flyer on him. He's a fucking monster. He even played some RB for Oregon.

Hope he ends up in the indoor football league with Darron Thomas for pulling his stupid antics. Colt Lyerla, you're a dick.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

Hope he ends up in the indoor football league with Darron Thomas for pulling his stupid antics. Colt Lyerla, you're a dick.
    He may very well end up there, but he will be on a couple of NFL rosters before then
    edited October 2013

alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

He may very well end up there, but he will be on a couple of NFL rosters before then
    Sure if they're willing to put up with a douche that puts whatever the fuck personal problems he has above contributing to his team. I don't like how he publicly bantered with Helfrich either. Good riddance.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,782 Founders Club
    Oregonblitzkrieg boos the kids

I'm not being a homer. I just don't like his attitude. And he publicly quarreled with Helfrich. Another thumbs down. I boo self-centeredness.

I'm not being a homer. I just don't like his attitude. And he publicly quarreled with Helfrich. Another thumbs down. I boo self-centeredness.
    Helfrich started that little war with Lyerla. The circumstances answer was unnecessary bullshit.

Helfrich started that little war with Lyerla. The circumstances answer was unnecessary bullshit.
    Maybe. If Helfrich is to blame he needs to get his act together.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Disagree. It's pretty clear from context that "circumstances" was Helfrich's version of Chip's "day to day."

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,782 Founders Club
    Helfreich isn't Chip though. #Lambo