Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Browning Pass Efficiency by Receiver

AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
The NCAA passer efficiency rating isn't great, but it is pretty easy to calculate.

Here is Browning's passer efficiency rating by receiver:

Pettis: 256.36
McClatcher: 252.24
Ross: 222.16 (based on my recollection that Browning's first INT was a pass intended for Ross)

All Others: 146.07

Obviously a huge drop off from the Top 3 WRs to everybody else. The All Others rating is right on top of Luke Falk's actual pass efficiency stat. Troy Williams, for reference, is at 127.3 for the season.

I wonder if replacing Pease with Hamdan has made a difference?

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,934
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    So Browning is better at passing to Andrew Baccelia and Aaron Fuller than Troy Williams and Luke Falk are to their entire team.
  • Options

So Browning is better at passing to Andrew Baccelia and Aaron Fuller than Troy Williams and Luke Falk are to their entire team.

Daniels has more targets than Fuller and Baccelia combined, and Carta-Samuels threw some of those passes to Fuller and Baccelia, but your general point is still accurate.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If Daniels had hands that average would be higher
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Why do you hate Baylor?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,732
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

The NCAA passer efficiency rating isn't great, but it is pretty easy to calculate.

Here is Browning's passer efficiency rating by receiver:

Pettis: 256.36
    McClatcher: 252.24
    Ross: 222.16 (based on my recollection that Browning's first INT was a pass intended for Ross)

All Others: 146.07

Obviously a huge drop off from the Top 3 WRs to everybody else. The All Others rating is right on top of Luke Falk's actual pass efficiency stat. Troy Williams, for reference, is at 127.3 for the season.

I wonder if replacing Pease with Hamdan has made a difference?

How did you break this down? Can you remove passes that were thrown away?
  • Options
    I didn't do anything that sophisticated. Going from memory, I recall Browning's first INT was intended for Ross (I could be wrong) and his second was intented for Gaskin (sure on that one). I also don't recall Carta-Samuels even attempting a pass intended for any of the top 3 receivers. I guess that could be off slightly too, but if it is, it is only by an attempt of two.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

If I had to nitpick anything about this offense besides the 4th and 1 play call at Arizona, it would be the lack of Daniels. I expected huge things from him this year.

He's always been kind of a doog legend. Then again, Mathis was too, but he's been killing it this year.
  • Options
    BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Brownings first INT was intended for Chico, but good post