Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

clemson NC State

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Gladstone said:

Also: Clemson rushes the field after EVERY GAME.

This isn't helping you lol
    Well it does... my comment was clearly made in ignorance of this tradition. It sounds like a lame tradition to me at face value but it makes the point this wasn't done just as a celebration for holding on against nc state
    You guys are fuckheads. Lame tradition? YEAH IT'S SO STUPID TO LET YOUR FANS ON THE FIELD AFTER THE GAME!!!!!

Christ.
    Yeah, not sure what's great about it. I specifically said at face value since I've never been a part of it but there isn't anything that sounds so special about it to me... I feel like you're the one who is starting to press now...
    Jesus - all it is, is they let the fucking fans on the fucking field after the fucking game. What's 'lame' about that? When they win a close game, fans are exuberant. When they lose, not as much. Big game? Fans go nuts.

It's cool because the culture of Clemson football is about closeness between the fans and the team. It emphasizes that. After wins people get happy and hug the players and kids stay on the field and run around and dream about playing there. I wish UW had let me on the field after every game when I was a kid.
    The way it came across in one viewing is that something everyone else does as a celebration they do every time. It looked like singing the fight song with the team at the end of every quarter would.

Obviously the exuberant, celebratory nature of them entering the field this time colored how it looks to me. If it is just opening the field up after the game ok, whatever, that is fine. If it works for them great. I was on the field for celebration at husky stadium once and it wasn't some special experience for me. It is a bigger deal to other people though. I like celebrating, being part of the crowd, so maybe this is some natural extension in some way. I don't really like fans ever going on the field I guess thinking about it. Some people do though so maybe this is better doing it every time instead of just for big events. I feel like this has drug on and don't really cares anymore. :p
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,077
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I get a little freaked out rushing the field after getting maced and clubbed by the Seattle Police.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2016

@Mad_Son's monthly visitor peaked in OT of the Clemson game, perhaps.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,630
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

I get a little freaked out rushing the field after getting maced and clubbed by the Seattle Police.

Wear clothes next time.