Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO Podcast #17: Beat 'Em Down In Eugene Edition

Comments

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

jecornel said:

Not as concerned about the Apple Cup should the game mean something. Pete has owned Leach and his staff.

Many are worried about the coogs. Should the huskies be undefeated going into that game they beat Leach.

I want this to be clear: I'm not so much worried about losing to the Cougs... We've owned them and Leach is a clown.

My point was - if we DO lose to the Cougs, those fuckers will be insufferable.
    They already are insufferable, take a look at the Farm if you need proof. It's just if they beat us in that scenario, they'll actually have a reason to be insufferable.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AEB said:

@Tequilla @Dennis_DeYoung @CokeGreaterThanPepsi

Boys, you missed a key part of the "play everyone" ethos of Coach Pete. Sure it's about getting game experience for the Two's, no doubt. But it's really about his OKG philosophy. If you commit to him and his program, he's committed to you. You do the things you're supposed to do: go to class, lift, practice hard, you play. In his mind, playing in reciprocation for your efforts. This is really important and brilliant; it keeps kids bought in. So when that injury inevitably occurs, the two has playing experience and has been kept focused. The dude is legit.

He doesn't seem particularly committed to Henry Roberts...
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

AEB said:

Boys, you missed a key part of the "play everyone" ethos of Coach Pete. Sure it's about getting game experience for the Two's, no doubt. But it's really about his OKG philosophy. If you commit to him and his program, he's committed to you. You do the things you're supposed to do: go to class, lift, practice hard, you play. In his mind, playing in reciprocation for your efforts. This is really important and brilliant; it keeps kids bought in. So when that injury inevitably occurs, the two has playing experience and has been kept focused. The dude is legit.

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

AEB said:

You can say the same about Devin Burleson or Brandon Nelson (?) the DB hasn't played much either. I still believe that's a key quid pro quo.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I listened to it.

Teq, can you dial down the interruptions next time?

I'll do whatever the fuck I want ...
    You're a Bud Lime drinking corn dog motherfucker. Let Coker get in there.
    Tell Pepsi to get his commentary in without taking an hour to formulate his thoughts ...

You do realize that there are methods to the madness?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Maybe of you let him talk he would you garbage beer drinking ass.
  • Options

So you like podcasts filled with dead air?

There's a rhythm to our pod from a production standpoint ... it's the "lots happen behind the scene" type of stuff ...

But without getting into too much detail ... there's a delicate balance between letting topics go and getting moved onto the next topic ...

To say that I interrupt more than anybody else is fair ... and by design more than not ...

A pod like ours is as much tied to our "characters" than anything else ... hope that is clear
  • Options
    As for the Cougs being dangerous ... it is because that is the biggest obstacle standing in the way of the PAC 12 title ...

Yes we have handled them easily with Pete ...

Yes I feel comfortable with the matchup ...

But if you think that game is going to be a no brainer beat down you aren't a good observer of history
  • Options
    AEB said:

AEB said:

You can say the same about Devin Burleson or Brandon Nelson (?) the DB hasn't played much either. I still believe that's a key quid pro quo.
    Brandon Nelson???/?? I have absolutely no idea who you're talking about.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

There's a rhythm to our pod from a production standpoint ... it's the "lots happen behind the scene" type of stuff ...

But without getting into too much detail ... there's a delicate balance between letting topics go and getting moved onto the next topic ...

To say that I interrupt more than anybody else is fair ... and by design more than not ...

A pod like ours is as much tied to our "characters" than anything else ... hope that is clear
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Sounds like you THINK and CaRE.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

AEB said:

AEB said:

Brandon Lewis. I doubt he's on the roster come next year cause Murphy/Joyner already passed him on the depth chart while being a class below him. Didn't pan out like Jordan Miller did.
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

Brandon Lewis. I doubt he's on the roster come next year cause Murphy/Joyner already passed him on the depth chart while being a class below him. Didn't pan out like Jordan Miller did.
    Who?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

AEB said:

AEB said:

Brandon Lewis. The only reason I even think about that dude is he's from Sac.
  • Options
    Nah, I don't think this dude exists.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Disagree.
  • Options
    HelfrichFamilyVanHelfrichFamilyVan Member Posts: 351
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    "He's a really boring guy...you'd expect it from your accountant."

Hurtful.

• Options

Tequilla said:

Sounds like you THINK and CaRE.
    Just giving info -- now fuck off