Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marlon Tuipulotu, Army All-American

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

I'm not too dialed in, but on a need basis, a great DT is right at the top. We are spoiled now. We need the reinforcements when we have to replace those guys.

I don't think we realize how spoiled we are. Vea, Qualls and Gaines are an unbelievable trio. Teams rarely have such an asset.
    In terms of TBSing, Vea was a 2-star on Scout and Gaines was a 3-star who I don't believe had any other pac-12 offers.

I can't wait to see what this staff does with kids like Marlon
    We've been spoiled with Shelton qualls Gaines and Vea in a really short window of time even with some of them overlapping. These guys are not going to be better than them. If they play to that level that would be awesome.
    This. It's at least highly unlikely.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Passion said:

I'm not too dialed in, but on a need basis, a great DT is right at the top. We are spoiled now. We need the reinforcements when we have to replace those guys.

I don't think we realize how spoiled we are. Vea, Qualls and Gaines are an unbelievable trio. Teams rarely have such an asset.
    In terms of TBSing, Vea was a 2-star on Scout and Gaines was a 3-star who I don't believe had any other pac-12 offers.

We've been spoiled with Shelton qualls Gaines and Vea in a really short window of time even with some of them overlapping. These guys are not going to be better than them. If they play to that level that would be awesome.
    We? also thought 2014 with Shelton was the apex of DL play. LIPO.
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2016
    At Boise State, Pete always had very good D lines. Thus far he has continued that here at UW. Every Sark recruit on the D Line has gotten a lot better under Pete and his own recruits (Vea, Gaines) are just monsters.

I don't know how some here expect that to suddenly change. From everything I saw while Pete was in Boise and now here the D Line is an emphasis and it will continue to be the case.

Also for as good as Gaines, Vea, Qualls are they are not irreplaceable (Gaines with another year in the weight room and if Vea comes back it may be the case next year). Irreplaceable players are guys like Emtman, Suh, Sapp, etc., The guy at Houston (Oliver I think his name is) is also right there. Those guys dominate the game from their DT position by both shutting down the run game and constantly forcing pressure up the middle.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

At Boise State, Pete always had very good D lines. Thus far he has continued that here at UW. Every Sark recruit on the D Line has gotten a lot better under Pete and his own recruits (Vea, Gaines) are just monsters.

I don't know how some here expect that to suddenly change. From everything I saw while Pete was in Boise and now here the D Line is an emphasis and it will continue to be the case.

Also for as good as Gaines, Vea, Qualls are they are not irreplaceable (Gaines with another year in the weight room and if Vea comes back it may be the case next year). Irreplaceable players are guys like Emtman, Suh, Sapp, etc., The guy at Houston (Oliver I think his name is) is also right there. Those guys dominate the game from their DT position by both shutting down the run game and constantly forcing pressure up the middle.

Best interior DL in the country, but we have to have the worst edge in the top 25. Hopefully Lil potato plays like a bigboy, otherwise the off tackle will get ugly.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Best interior DL in the country, but we have to have the worst edge in the top 25. Hopefully Lil potato plays like a bigboy, otherwise the off tackle will get ugly.
    Lil Potato has been really good against the run, just not so good at pass rushing. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a lot of snaps against Bama for that reason.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Just hoping he turns out as good as our other Tui..
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Passion said:

We? also thought 2014 with Shelton was the apex of DL play. LIPO.
    Our d line play that year was great. Maybe even better than this year. We are super unique this year in that we play 3 NFL nose tackles at the same time so it's hard to say. Kikaha on this team may set a record with all the coverage sacks he would get with our current secondary. We sucked at safety and nickel that year and had a lot of freshman playing that eventually were good as sophomores as peters allegedly choked out a coach.

Point is we have four 1st - 3rd round NFL picks on the team in a short window of time. Injuries happen. People are busts Our interior d line may be e best in the country. It's not going to get much better than this.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Passion said:

He started out as a 4* and remained a 4* until it was apparent he wouldn't qualify and everyone stopped recruiting him. I think he was ranked above Qualls until the start of their senior seasons.

Also, just saw that 247 had Max Browne ahead of Derrick Henry.