Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

if there's one night to listen to honks it's tonight

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
gonna be a gazillion doog calls

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    they're blaming van winkle for kickoff coverage. "you've gotta just kick it in the endzone".
    God that's rich
  • dnc said:

dhdawg said:

they're blaming van winkle for kickoff coverage. "you've gotta just kick it in the endzone".
    God that's rich

When you give scholarships to three kickers and can't trust one of them to get it into the end zone, your decision making sucks.

Yea that was my thinking too. Why the fuck did we give a schollie to Van Winkle if he can't beat out Travis Coons or have a good kickoff?

Why the fuck does Durkee have a schollie if he can't beat out Travis Coons on punt team?!

UW has three kickers and only one is halfway decent. Could be two fucking OL far as I'm concerned.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dhdawg said:

God that's rich

#HiAubrunDoog! It makes me so fucking mad that anyone would believe this shit. My one year old son is smarter than AuburnDawg, and no, I am not joking.

• DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Makes you wonder what the hell Sark's gonna do to fix this mess. Some have suggested encouraging Durkee to leave, and that's fine. But Sark better not whiff on a punter this year or we could be stuck with Durkee. Jury's still out on van winkel but kicker's usually don't magically get 40% better in the offseason. Coons has gotten his share of shit but he's been a saving grace and if it wasn't for him pulling double duty, we'd be fucked.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Didn't Kim say Van Winkle would be a game changer? :)
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    The excuse I'm hearing is Rip (I like to call him Rip, LOL) is a frosh, and can't reach the end zone on grass fields.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Dick_B said:

The excuse I'm hearing is Rip (I like to call him Rip, LOL) is a frosh, and can't reach the end zone on grass fields.

but Kim said "trust me", and I trusted him.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Makes you wonder what the hell Sark's gonna do to fix this mess. Some have suggested encouraging Durkee to leave, and that's fine. But Sark better not whiff on a punter this year or we could be stuck with Durkee. Jury's still out on van winkel but kicker's usually don't magically get 40% better in the offseason. Coons has gotten his share of shit but he's been a saving grace and if it wasn't for him pulling double duty, we'd be fucked. </

Van Winkle has kicked in 5 games and you're cunt hurts? Jury hasn't even been selected

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Stanford thinks he was.

• Didn't Kim say Van Winkle would be a game changer? :)

Kim and several Doogs were raving about him being a game changer last year. "Don't worry our kicking game will be saved when Van Winkle is here".
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

Kim and several Doogs were raving about him being a game changer last year. "Don't worry our kicking game will be saved when Van Winkle is here".
    And yet he can't beaut out the kicker who everyone hated last year.

• dnc said:

And yet he can't beaut out the kicker who everyone hated last year.

UW has two kickers on scholarship who can't beat out a kicker that everyone hated last year.

Great talent evaluation as always there Sark.

Of course, Kim, Softy, and other Doogs will never bring up how UW has two wasted scholarships on kickers who do jack shit!