Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Browning and Jonathan Smith Appreciation Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I give Tedford and Hamdan about 81% of the credit.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Swaye said:

You bunch of doogs. Smiff has sucked every single game since he got here (Vanilla Hammer Package anyone?) and then Tedford shows up and the offense magically starts working and you think Smiff did it? Jesus. I am dooging as hard as anyone but some of you are on stupid pills.

It could be that, certainly. Or it could be that better, more experienced players execute better.

There have been some subtle changes in the things they are emphasizing this year, certainly. But whether they come from Tedford or not...impossible to know.

The thing about Tedford is that the last time we saw him coaching football for reals, his offenses were a mess.

So automatically giving him ALL the credit for the improvement in the UW offense seems a lot like being really stubborn about an opinion that may have been formed prematurely and looking for a reason not to admit one was wrong.

I have been down on Smith too, but maybe it is time to acknowledge that it is hard.
    Straight up dawgman logic.

Pete gave him a short leash and a handler. You think he magically got fucking better?

This is why we say it ALL comes from the HC.

Pete needed to fix the WRs and the offense and guess what? He did.
    I am not saying that pressure and mentoring didn't play a role in Smith getting unfucked, they probably did. Along with having players who do a better job of executing the plays that are called.

The point is, excessive criticism of Smith at this point is a lot like criticism of Pettis or Mathis, previously deserved but now a stale storyline that only very stubborn people will stick with.
    Bullshit. Dawgman logic. We actually see Pettis and Mathis play. We have absolutely no fucking idea what goes on in the coaches office and everything I've heard from INSIDE THE PROGRAM @Sources etc dawgman insider bullshit says Tedford came in and took over and is the reason for the progress.

So, unlike with Pettis and Mathis, you have no evidence that BabushkaFS has done anything other than the fucking lazy Seattle fan refrain of 'LEAVE HIM ALONE IT IS WORKING FINE. I'M SURE WHAT THE COACHES SAY IN PUBLIC IS THE TRUTH' bullshit. STFU.
    You might be right and you might be wrong. Like you said, we don't really know what goes on behind the scenes.

I don't have any inside sources on the current staff and I don't know anyone that does.

The offense is clearly light years better than it was last year. Some of it may be Tedford's influence. Some of it is definitely Hamdan's impact with the WRs. A lot of it is another year of maturity and development by the offensive players, especially Browning.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,089
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Swaye said:

You bunch of doogs. Smiff has sucked every single game since he got here (Vanilla Hammer Package anyone?) and then Tedford shows up and the offense magically starts working and you think Smiff did it? Jesus. I am dooging as hard as anyone but some of you are on stupid pills.

It could be that, certainly. Or it could be that better, more experienced players execute better.

There have been some subtle changes in the things they are emphasizing this year, certainly. But whether they come from Tedford or not...impossible to know.

The thing about Tedford is that the last time we saw him coaching football for reals, his offenses were a mess.

So automatically giving him ALL the credit for the improvement in the UW offense seems a lot like being really stubborn about an opinion that may have been formed prematurely and looking for a reason not to admit one was wrong.

I have been down on Smith too, but maybe it is time to acknowledge that it is hard.

Pete gave him a short leash and a handler. You think he magically got fucking better?

I am not saying that pressure and mentoring didn't play a role in Smith getting unfucked, they probably did. Along with having players who do a better job of executing the plays that are called.

The point is, excessive criticism of Smith at this point is a lot like criticism of Pettis or Mathis, previously deserved but now a stale storyline that only very stubborn people will stick with.
    Bullshit. Dawgman logic. We actually see Pettis and Mathis play. We have absolutely no fucking idea what goes on in the coaches office and everything I've heard from INSIDE THE PROGRAM @Sources etc dawgman insider bullshit says Tedford came in and took over and is the reason for the progress.

So, unlike with Pettis and Mathis, you have no evidence that BabushkaFS has done anything other than the fucking lazy Seattle fan refrain of 'LEAVE HIM ALONE IT IS WORKING FINE. I'M SURE WHAT THE COACHES SAY IN PUBLIC IS THE TRUTH' bullshit. STFU.
    You might be right and you might be wrong. Like you said, we don't really know what goes on behind the scenes.

I don't have any inside sources on the current staff and I don't know anyone that does.

The offense is clearly light years better than it was last year. Some of it may be Tedford's influence. Some of it is definitely Hamdan's impact with the WRs. A lot of it is another year of maturity and development by the offensive players, especially Browning.
    I think Cobra's maturation and ISIS fluffers work with the WRs are 80 percent (made up percentages are cool) of our progress. The rest is Tedford punching Smiff in the nuts whenever he tries to do stupid shit.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Swaye said:

We only mention the times they are wrong. Ipso facto you're wrong.
    As a self admitted dog, I'm ok thinking Pete fixed the offense (so far) and trust he'll know whose making the difference on the coaching staff. They're great until they're not; then I go back to hating smith... and then Petersen if there continues to be a problem.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,837
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Swaye said:

Whoa whoa whoa - I won't have my good name dragged through the mud.