Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Husky-Duck Break the Curse Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Just woke up at autzen. Trying to find a ride back to Seattle for the game.
  • Options
    Also, We. Are. Fucked.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Here is the fantasy. The Duck defense comes together today and gets tired of getting their assets kicked and holds UW to 24 to 27ish points. A true freshman QB from a cross the street comes in and gets the Oregon offense back in balance with Royce Freeman doing the dirty work. Oregon wins by 17, Slingblade saves his job for another year, and the Husky fan base committs mass suicide.

The reality is UW rushes for 7 yards per carry, Browning hits a few throws over the top, and UW scores with ease in the red zone. That true freshman QB the Ducks are starting gets hit 20+ times over the course of the game, Freeman gets minimal carries because of really stupid play calling, and the special teams let Ross make a couple of big returns.

UW wins this one rather easily, say 34-17.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Can't sleep, think I will play Xbox in my underwear.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2016
    During the anomaly, we weren't fast enough to play their game, we weren't strong enough to overpower them and we weren't well coached enough to have a clue how to attempt to compensate.

We are faster than we've been in almost 20 years, we're stronger than we've been in almost 20 years and this is our best overall staff since the James era (though Neuheisel was actually a great game day coach).

I suspect a mobile QB could be problematic as may Freeman.

But if we can't just ravage that defense I'll be disappointed.

It'll be interesting to see how Sling plays us. They tried 5 DBs vs the Cuogs without much success.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2016
    Get ready for the 2-man Rush! It's BRUUUUTAL

The only hope is that we get Tyrell Crosby and Troy Dye back this week. But it won't be enough to overpower the fucktardedness
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

The only hope is that we get Tyrell Crosby and Troy Dye back this week. But it won't be enough to overpower the fucktardedness

Crosby is out for the season.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Crosby is out for the season.
    WHAT - Justin Hopkins LIED TO ME
  • Options
    Well, some fags at duck territory said he was back in practice this week. What the fuck do I know
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Did we win yet?
  • Options
    A duck just asked me what time the game was. We are so fucked
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    mobey said:

During the anomaly, we weren't fast enough to play their game, we weren't strong enough to overpower them and we weren't well coached enough to have a clue how to attempt to compensate.

We are faster than we've been in almost 20 years, we're stronger than we've been in almost 20 years and this is our best overall staff since the James era (though Neuheisel was actually a great game day coach).

It'll be interesting to see how Sling plays us. They tried 5 DBs vs the Cuogs without much success.

Totally agree. 2007-2015 was by far the best Duck stretch in history. They never won fewer than nine games. I don't think any of their delusional fans saw it coming in 2005 or 2006. They aren't sniffing nine this year. That coincided with the worst stretch of Husky football since probably the 40s or 50s (maybe '65-'76).

The Huskies are finally getting back to a position in which they can push them around again.
  • Options

mobey said:

Totally agree. 2007-2015 was by far the best Duck stretch in history. They never won fewer than nine games. I don't think any of their delusional fans saw it coming in 2005 or 2006. They aren't sniffing nine this year. That coincided with the worst stretch of Husky football since probably the 40s or 50s (maybe '65-'76).

The Huskies are finally getting back to a position in which they can push them around again.
    Doog poast, doog poaster