Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Canzano: Why are Ducks changing QBs when problems begin and end on defense?

Comments

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Two weeks ago when Cal lost to ASU 51-41, some folks on BI blamed the loss on Webb (478yds, 5TDs) because he threw two INTs. The assumption is that the defense is going to give up a shitload of points, and it's up to the offense/QB to be (nearly) perfect. Yes, he threw a pick-6 and another INT in Cal territory was converted quickly into a FG, and I think there was a ST TD in there somewhere, so the defense didn't REALLLY give up all 51 points, giving up 34 is really good, amirite?

TLDR if Oregon's coachingcredible braintruste is thinking along the lines of some of the Cal message bored braintruste, then the QB isn't playing as well as he needs to play, given that the defense sucks and that's not gonna change.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If both QBs are below average this year, why not start the frosh? Helfrich already has 4 RS-Frosh starting on the OL and it wouldn't do any good getting into a crappy bowel with a SR QB while the young guy sits on the bench (who has already burned his redshirt).

They don't really have options on D though; their starting LB (Johnny Ragin the VII) is out for the season now and TheRodney Prevot is suspended "indefinitely" (probably because he sees his NFL dreams swirling down the drain).
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

BearsWiin said:

Two weeks ago when Cal lost to ASU 51-41, some folks on BI blamed the loss on Webb (478yds, 5TDs) because he threw two INTs. The assumption is that the defense is going to give up a shitload of points, and it's up to the offense/QB to be (nearly) perfect. Yes, he threw a pick-6 and another INT in Cal territory was converted quickly into a FG, and I think there was a ST TD in there somewhere, so the defense didn't REALLLY give up all 51 points, giving up 34 is really good, amirite?

TLDR if Oregon's coachingcredible braintruste is thinking along the lines of some of the Cal message bored braintruste, then the QB isn't playing as well as he needs to play, given that the defense sucks and that's not gonna change.

Davis Webb will be a Heisman candidate after he plays WASH.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

Davis Webb will be a Heisman candidate after he plays WASH.
    I know your being sarkastic but if he hasn't been mentioned in the conversation yet, with all the gaudy numbers he's put up, throwing for 700 yards and 8 TDs in a loss against UW won't do it either.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    So he can fire the defensive coordinator and keep his job.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

In fairness to Helfraud, Prukop misses easy passes and stares down recievers like he's made of marble. But the defense sucks worse.

He also bails out and starts scrambling (and looks like Cyler Miles when he does it) within microseconds of taking the snap.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Canzano is a well known idiot.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Calzono is your source.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,144
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BearsWiin said:

Your TLDR is TL
  • Options
    MelloDawg said:

BearsWiin said:

Your TLDR is TL
    Fuck off, it's not like I'm going full Tequilla here

TLDR fuck off
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Sometimes it's about changing the #1 position to try and mentally give your team a fresh start.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Passion said:

Sometimes it's about changing the #1 position to try and mentally give your team a fresh start.

Agree for the most part, although in this case it's effectively just Helfrich rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic to save his ass

Herbert (I like the guy, he's got a great future) is getting thrown to the wolves, and it won't be pretty
  • Options

Passion said:

Agree for the most part, although in this case it's effectively just Helfrich rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic to save his ass

Herbert (I like the guy, he's got a great future) is getting thrown to the wolves, and it won't be pretty
    Again, I don't think we should be popping the champagne and making grand predictions after they've kicked our asses for over a decade. Don't give a shit who is playing QB or who is hurt.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Again, I don't think we should be popping the champagne and making grand predictions after they've kicked our asses for over a decade. Don't give a shit who is playing QB or who is hurt.
    True.

But then, you thought we were losing to Arizona.

WASHINGTON wins this game!
  • Options
    dnc said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

True.

This is oregon.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Passion said:

dnc said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

True.

This is oregon.
    At least it's not OREGON, dammit