Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Unofficial Oregon lamentations thread

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tl, fs. Yeah this, but that, oh what about that.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Azeem Victor is literally going to kill a duck this game.

Gaines is going to injure yet another player.

As old coach Baer of J-High would say back in the 80s, "Football is about the body count. You win the body count, you win the game."

(I think he was coach Baer's dad or uncle)
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

TTJ said:

At this point, is a win over UW the only thing that could save Helfrich's job?

Then we know what needs to be done.
    Ironic a Husky win probably cements him being fired.

The losing coach should be fired on the O

This has already been discussed fuckos
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    14 hours ago via Mobile
    This season would become amazing if we beat UW. No sweeter victory in 13 years, IMO.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Mosster chimes in...

wildcat33 352 posts 14 minutes ago via Mobile
    We will beat the Huskies this year. I remember the last time they won at Oregon they came out to the 49 ish and urinated on the O we sit on the 42 Yard Line behind the opposing bench. Coach New Weasel was there to. So let's knock them off there high horse HUCK THE FUSKIES
    Flag Quote
    ReplyQuote

BEAT WASHINGTON! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, this week is the biggest test of the season so far for the Huskies. Oregon sucks, their program is clearly on a downward trajectory while UW's looks like it's pointed skyward, but this is literally the duck's season. There are plenty of people associated with that program who remember what a real UW football team looks like and what it means to the conference. The hate from them is palpable. Wheaton will be playing closed loop on every screen in Eugene and former players will be in their collective ears. They are not going down without a serious fight.

Peterman said this team is very business like. We'll soon see. IMO, the current betting line is nowhere close to reflecting how far apart these teams really are. Bettors are considering recent history and mental factors. If the Huskies stay focused, don't let the hype around them go to their heads, prepare hard for the change in styles, and execute at a high level, they will win going away. If they show up as unprepared as they were for Arizona, let the hype get to them, or cinch up from the pressure, they're going to get embarrassed. Again, another LIPO #Proveit scenario.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    First time ever that I quite on the team
    Yesterday at 9:33 AM
    (3 votes)

Since I attended Oregon in the 80's last night was the first time EVER I have turned the tv off and went to bed. When Helfrich punted the ball on like a 4th and 7 early in the fourth quarter while our defense couldn't stop a pop warner team I quit watching. First time I have ever done that, I don't care anymore. There is no way our defense was gonna stop anyone so why not go for it? Awful coaching, you should of just given them seven points. You got nothing to lose at that point so he should of rolled the dice and gone.,either way our defense wasn't stoping them so,field position was irrelevant

I'm done I don't care, if Helfrich is the coach I'm not involved in the game like I was. I saw this coming years ago, it wasn't hard and people let me have it especially the sunshine pumpers and now we have this dumpster of $hi! that is on fire all thanks to Helfrich and his "million little things" to work on. I could list how bad he messed it up and when I saw this coming. He had a lot of good players that covered his his ineptness and now that he has to coach we are doomed.

How can WSU and Colorado two schools that have never gotten within 20 spots of us in recruiting rankings FOR YEARS just utterly dominate us on the field on both sides of the field is the question you need to ask yourself today. That's coaching and that is development and we have neither. You can't fix those Helfrich because the issue has never been the kids it is you and the bad assistant coahces you got.

So im done investing my time into this product as I am sure many are. Nothing against the kids, I just feel bad they are stuck with this
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

Azeem Victor is literally going to kill a duck this game.

Gaines is going to injure yet another player.

As old coach Baer of J-High would say back in the 80s, "Football is about the body count. You win the body count, you win the game."

(I think he was coach Baer's dad or uncle)

Before my time, but Chincredibled for J-high reference.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Alexis said:

Is there a guy in Seattle that obviously hates his job more than Jood. Fuck that guy is a whiner.
    If the Tree raping Huskies show up this weekend he's going to hate his job even more.