Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OFFICIAL WHOREGON (lol!) vs. WAZZU thread

1234568»

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

You know why UW is going to beat the fuck out of Oregon next week - they square up and tackle. Stanford's players were falling backwards all night. Oregon does this faggy ankle tackle and arm tackle bullshit and even when they do make a tackle (never guaranteed), the opposing player usually falls forward 2 or 3 yards.

Thank Pete Carroll for that. It's called "Hawk Tackling" and it's ruining football.

They're basically teaching everyone to tackle like a corner.
    You obviously hate winners.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's probably been said before but Prukop is Jake Locker.

Straight line speed, athletic for a white guy, likes to skip it to receivers as much as he overthrows it. Only comfortable when rolling out.

Locker>Prukop POTD!!!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm still trying to figure out how in the hell did Helfrich fuck it up this badly this fast
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

It's probably been said before but Prukop is Jake Locker.

Straight line speed, athletic for a white guy, likes to skip it to receivers as much as he overthrows it. Only comfortable when rolling out.

Locker>Prukop POTD!!!
    I don't think you understand what the definition of is is
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    doogie said:

I'm still trying to figure out how in the hell did Helfrich fuck it up this badly this fast

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bravo to @AZDuck and @Mosster47 in this thread.

Self hate of your own team (especially live and during the game) is entertaining as hell.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    doogie said:

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2016

doogie said:

Their Helfrich is just as shitty.
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    doogie said:

It was not fast. He coached a shitty game in the championship against Ohio State. Since then he has made stupid and confounding decisions in most games. He is a bad hire. The deal is that he had really good players, who he did not recruit except for MM, and they made up for his horrible coaching. He does not know what he is doing and never has.
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes

When they lost by five touchdowns to an 8-5/4-5 qb-less Arizona Wildcat team in 2013, I knew for sure Helfrich wasn't the guy. I also knew he would ride the talent and Chimp's system for a couple of years.
    Didn't expect them to drop off this far, this fast.
    ..but I'm more than fine with it...

This part I like.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

When they lost by five touchdowns to an 8-5/4-5 qb-less Arizona Wildcat team in 2013, I knew for sure Helfrich wasn't the guy. I also knew he would ride the talent and Chimp's system for a couple of years.

Didn't expect them to drop off this far, this fast...but I'm more than fine with it...

After watching every game Chip coached at Oregon I can honestly say, the moment I knew Helfrich was shit was week 3 in 2013 during a 59-14 beat down of Tennessee.

Success is about the little things. I noticed right then and there that Helfrich lacked the attention to detail necessary to be successful at a school like Oregon. The procedure penalties, the cute play calling, these were well prevalent at that point.

Chip was a guy who knew he was smarter than you, so he didn't try to prove it to you. He trusted his system, and stuck to his game plan. He always made you adjust to him. I miss the days when we could have a 6 play drive but run the same play 5 of those times and still stick it right down your throat.

We? currently have a coach that wants it to be his system, and wants to prove to people how smart he is when in fact he isn't. Now we're the team with no identity that has to make in game adjustments to teams we used to be able to beat down with our three deep units.

Helfrich was successful because he had players in the system that learned from Chip what it took to win, and had the discipline necessary. The current roster he has "developed" doesn't have that foundation. In essence, this is the first year of it being Helfrich's team, and this is what you have.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    priapism said:

That Aryan Springs is confusing me...

priapism said:

priapism said:

Didn't expect them to drop off this far, this fast...but I'm more than fine with it...

Sounds like no one was harder on Helfrich than you.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

After watching every game Chip coached at Oregon I can honestly say, the moment I knew Helfrich was shit was week 3 in 2013 during a 59-14 beat down of Tennessee.

Success is about the little things. I noticed right then and there that Helfrich lacked the attention to detail necessary to be successful at a school like Oregon. The procedure penalties, the cute play calling, these were well prevalent at that point.

Chip was a guy who knew he was smarter than you, so he didn't try to prove it to you. He trusted his system, and stuck to his game plan. He always made you adjust to him. I miss the days when we could have a 6 play drive but run the same play 5 of those times and still stick it right down your throat.

We? currently have a coach that wants it to be his system, and wants to prove to people how smart he is when in fact he isn't. Now we're the team with no identity that has to make in game adjustments to teams we used to be able to beat down with our three deep units.

Helfrich was successful because he had players in the system that learned from Chip what it took to win, and had the discipline necessary. The current roster he has "developed" doesn't have that foundation. In essence, this is the first year of it being Helfrich's team, and this is what you have.
    I know you want to hit the panic button, but the most important thing right now is coaching continuity...