Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I was always a big Browning fan

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,776
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Even though he skipped the camps he's a damn good 7 on 7 QB and that's the game today
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

Let's see how he handles 60K carbon and black orange sock wearing Trump voters in the Autzen ZOO.

Eugene is meth and Trump territory!!1!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,776
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Let's see how he handles 60K carbon and black orange sock wearing Trump voters in the Autzen ZOO.

Yep. That is the Brownsock test
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

Brownsocks is still a legitimate name for him because he has blown it in quite a few big games. Spare the context about true freshman, blah, blah. Brownsocks is funny and an example of what this site does and is about.

That said, he's a good QB and the best since Marquis. He's smart, he cares, I guarantee he works the hardest, and is mostly accurate. If we fucking run the ball like we have been, he will do well.

Quite a few games? How many big games has he been in? He's played in 17 games. This is fucking stupid.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DeepSeaZ said:

Brownsocks is still a legitimate name for him because he has blown it in quite a few big games. Spare the context about true freshman, blah, blah. Brownsocks is funny and an example of what this site does and is about.

That said, he's a good QB and the best since Marquis. He's smart, he cares, I guarantee he works the hardest, and is mostly accurate. If we fucking run the ball like we have been, he will do well.

Quite a few games? How many big games has he been in? He's played in 17 games. This is fucking stupid.
    He's literally blown it in every close game. It's just some funny shit on a message board. My whole post was basically gushing over the guy. He looks like a good QB to me.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

DeepSeaZ said:

He's literally blown it in every close game. It's just some funny shit on a message board. My whole post was basically gushing over the guy. He looks like a good QB to me.
    Arizona says hi.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I need to see it on the road next week first to crown him. He had a good game, it was good to see.

Crowning him right now is just as dumb as judging him after a true frosh season with an inexperienced OL.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Arizona says hi.
    He wasn't good against Arizona. I'm honestly not sure if he meant to throw that to Pettis and if he did, it was a bad throw.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,477
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Arizona says hi.
    He wasn't good against Arizona. I'm honestly not sure if he meant to throw that to Pettis and if he did, it was a bad throw.
    So he's not perfect. The standard set for any UW team is the 1991 or 2000 squad because of the 15 year drought. If UW sustained any modicum of success the past decade he wouldn't be judged so harshly. He's a true soph under the direction of a Russian grandma.

This bored likes to call him brown socks, but his demeanor screams winner to me. The guy talks shit, has the respect of the locker room, and hates the media.

I knew he would start as a true frosh once I saw how pissed he was when his team had to settle for a fg up by 40+ in the high school state championship.

Just Doog Bro!

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Sources said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Arizona says hi.
    So he's not perfect. The standard set for any UW team is the 1991 or 2000 squad because of the 15 year drought. If UW sustained any modicum of success the past decade he wouldn't be judged so harshly. He's a true soph under the direction of a Russian grandma.

This bored likes to call him brown socks, but his demeanor screams winner to me. The guy talks shit, has the respect of the locker room, and hates the media.

I knew he would start as a true frosh once I saw how pissed he was when his team had to settle for a fg up by 40+ in the high school state championship.

Just Doog Bro!

I think Browning is really good. I'm mostly complimentary towards him. He does actually care, which wasn't the case for a lot of our QB's. You should beat your chest over saying he would start as a freshman.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,477
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Sources said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Arizona says hi.

Just Doog Bro!

I think Browning is really good. I'm mostly complimentary towards him. He does actually care, which wasn't the case for a lot of our QB's. You should beat your chest over saying he would start as a freshman.
    DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MUST ADMIT THAT HE IS COMPLETELY BEYOND REPROACH AND CAN NEVER BE CRITICIZED (even though Pete probably rips him a new one for his wobbly, ill-placed wounded ducks he throws downfield that have cost us about 2 TDs/game) IF YOU SAY HE IS GOOD?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!??

THERE IS NO GRAY AREA!!!!!!112!! EITHER YOU ADMIT HE IS BASICALLY PERFECT OR YOU HATE HIM AND ARE IRRATIONAL!!!!!!

Maybe it's the scotch and blow, but I'm charging full doog for this season.

Browning beats the Ducks in Autzen or I buy the Keg for the tailgate hosted by @Gladstone in Berkeley. Woof!
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,021
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Sources said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Arizona says hi.

Just Doog Bro!

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MUST ADMIT THAT HE IS COMPLETELY BEYOND REPROACH AND CAN NEVER BE CRITICIZED (even though Pete probably rips him a new one for his wobbly, ill-placed wounded ducks he throws downfield that have cost us about 2 TDs/game) IF YOU SAY HE IS GOOD?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!??

THERE IS NO GRAY AREA!!!!!!112!! EITHER YOU ADMIT HE IS BASICALLY PERFECT OR YOU HATE HIM AND ARE IRRATIONAL!!!!!!

Maybe it's the scotch and blow, but I'm charging full doog for this season.

Browning beats the Ducks in Autzen or I buy the Keg for the tailgate hosted by @Gladstone in Berkeley. Woof!
    Shit, I might change my mind and travel to Berkeley.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He should keep wearing the same shiny white sox 'till they turn brown again before he changes them.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    edited October 2016
    He's a B+/A- within 30 yards and when the ball is 10 to 12 ft off the ground. His ball floats on the longer, taller throws, over the top. He's big and strong enough to eventually throw the ball 55 yards on a tight spiral, but he can't do it yet.

I watched Chris Chandler in HS, and his long ball floated like the Ivars seagulls. But by the time he was a UW Junior, he was so much bigger and stronger, he could throw the fucker 65 yards and through a brick wall.

Jake's still getting bigger and stronger, but his mechanics on his long ball aren't dialed in yet. He leans back too much and isn't stepping into the throw enough. Part of it is probably not wanting to get the ball tipped and the other part is the timing of his reads. Right now it's hesitancy in his mechanics. Give it a few more weeks, and he may be hitting Ross in stride at 40 yards, if he throws a tight spiral. The long ball is maybe 5% of the offense compared to all the mid-range throws, so it's not surprising that it's the least developed right now.

The Doog in me says Jake will improve on it a lot over the next 4 games.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    He has a Tom Brady pissy whiny cunt demeanor which I would hate him if he was on any other team... But you can tell how badly he wants to win unlike someone like Connor Halliday who was the same way but was more interested in his stat line at the end of the game.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757

He has a Tom Brady pissy whiny cunt demeanor which I would hate him if he was on any other team... But you can tell how badly he wants to win unlike someone like Connor Halliday who was the same way but was more interested in his stat line at the end of the game.

Great Demeanor, though.