Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why will this be different?

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2016
    Gladstone said:

Every marquee game the past fifteen years we have shat the bed. What is it about this team and staff that makes it different?

Stanford by 10. Prove me wrong, Pete.

Furd by 9
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    @LoneStarDawg I recommend a huge bunch of flowers to try to soften the blow ... perhaps a trip to the spa as well ...

Definitely good reason for you to throw down some beverages in advance of getting home to soften the impact
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Every marquee game the past fifteen years we have shat the bed. What is it about this team and staff that makes it different?

Furd by 9
    Say it in the OFFICIAL pickem thread or SHUT THE FUCK UP
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2016

Gladstone said:

Furd by 9
    21-12
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

@LoneStarDawg I recommend a huge bunch of flowers to try to soften the blow ... perhaps a trip to the spa as well ...

Definitely good reason for you to throw down some beverages in advance of getting home to soften the impact

preemptive dinner and a movie date last weekend, so that when she gets angry she knows she already received her agreed upon goods and services
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

People forget that the 1990 team was MENTALLY weak as well just like the entire Husky history up to that point.

First and goal at Colorado. I was sitting at the ten yard line at that end of the field and the mouthy fucking BUFF fan next to me finally shut up as he saw impending defeat.

We fucking blow it. And to make sure we blew it we lose at home to a soft faggoty UCLA 3-8 fucking true freshman QB of a team. We made that mother fucker a millionaire as he was smart enough to LEAVE before it became obvious how bad he sucked. Tommy F Maddox.

We SHOULD have had 5 Rose Bowls in a row and a natty or two a decade earlier but we fucking lost the APPLE CUP two years in a row and shit the bed AT Stanford as the #1 ranked team in the cuntry.

That's why the 91 Nebraska game is seared in my memory like Christmas in Cambodia because it was the only time in my LIFE that we were #HUSKYSTRONG and came back on the ROAD to beat a good team and completed the 12-0 natty.

In 1999 we lose to another horrible UCLA team to blow the conference. In 2000 we come out flat and soft on the ROAD at whOregon (lol) and lose that game keeping us from the BCS title game.

Then shit forever WE FUCKING SUCK.

Ok?

A tour de force post
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

The reality is that winning at an elite level is hard and handling success is one of the biggest challenges throughout college football.

Have you considered public speaking?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

The reality is that winning at an elite level is hard and handling success is one of the biggest challenges throughout college football.

Have you considered public self-immolation?
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Thanks for Story Time guys, all these games happened when I was still watching Sesame Street or some other dumbass show on Saturday.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited September 2016
    Tequilla said:

Stop with the elite tawk Tequila. It's hyperbole that's more premature than Mike Damone. Fact is there has yet to be an elite team in the Pac12. The Pac10 had one just over a decade ago and it was a decade and a half prior to that that the conference had one. How about shelving that elite talk until someone in conference steps up and beats a truly elite team for all the marbles.

This year's Husky team has been massively over hyped. The offense looks like it has potential, but hasn't proven jack shit yet, the defense is top 25 at best and that might be generous given the lack of strength at DE/OLB, and last week we saw that special teams can be not so special. They're about to play another conference game against yet another beat up team. They're at home and favored. Let's see what happens. And after that, it's on the road to play another conference game against yet another beat up team that they haven't beaten in over a decade. If ever there was a LIFPO moment, it's now.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Stanford by 14.

Mediocre until proven otherwise.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla....Christ