Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Peterman

2»

Comments

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Run run run the football I hear ...

Yet we had a number of short yardage situations during the game where we needed a yard and got stuffed each time ... simply put the OL isn't good enough to be in a position to get that hard yard or two when everybody in the building knows that they are running it.

Over react much???

A win on the road in conference is a win on the road ... particularly when playing far from our best. Take this and run to the tarmac to get home.

Or they could do a fucking QB sneak and get 3 yards instead of doing this shotgun-snap delayed-counter bullshit (I love the counter on first or second but never on fourth) or that naked bootleg pass to Gaskin for 2 yards where 50 fucking things could go wrong with the play
    They tried that once but Sample FS decided to jump and 4th-and-1 became 4th-and-6.
    Hey new fish, nobody gives a fuckall what you would do on 4th and 1. Scoreboard bitch. Now hit the gates puppy cant stand your dumbass already. Thank the lord I didnt read your other 723 posts .
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It isn't being a doog to say we match up pretty well vs Stanford. The game will be close.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    DJ had a career winning percentage at UW of .712. To hit that number we'd have to be somewhere around 8-4 to 9-3.

In 77, yr three under DJ, we lost to Miss St who ended up 5-6 before forfeiting all games, beat San Jose St who ended 4-7, lost to Syracuse who ended 6-5 and lost to Minnesota who ended 7-5, to start the season 1-3.

Of course we went on to upset heavily favored Michigan in the RB.

Perspective.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,379
    Swaye's Wigwam
    mobey said:

PurpleJ said:

mobey said:

PurpleJ said:

The warning signs are there for anyone who actually paid attention.

Pete is not the guy. Take your screenshots fags.

Agree, can't believe he hasn't won four nattys yet, you know like James did when he came in.
    The season is over.
    Do you have a plan "B" if we end up not shitting the bed?

Worried about you.
    Either way I win.

And Roll Tide.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

College football isn't this ridiculous transitive property some of you latch onto. A beat B, B beat C, so A will beat C. Or even worse A beat B by X, A beat C by Y, so B will beat C by Z.

Matchups actually exist. I think this team matchups up poorly against little speed offense teams who spread it out and have a highly mobile QB. They should have beaten Arizona by more due to talent gap but they didn't (it happens). But hey they still won.

I wouldn't be surprised if UW beats Stanford. I also wouldn't be surprised if Stanford boat races UW (don't think it will happen) but every week is a different week.

Agree, except when UW had the chance to put their foot on Zona's neck and choke the life out of them, they failed. That game should have been over in the third quarter.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    mobey said:

DJ had a career winning percentage at UW of .712. To hit that number we'd have to be somewhere around 8-4 to 9-3.

In 77, yr three under DJ, we lost to Miss St who ended up 5-6 before forfeiting all games, beat San Jose St who ended 4-7, lost to Syracuse who ended 6-5 and lost to Minnesota who ended 7-5, to start the season 1-3.

Perspective.

DJ actually played real teams out of conference. He would be winning around 81% or more of his games against this type of scheduling.
  • phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don James was a well known cheater. All games under him should be forfeited, if we want to keep the conference and the school respectable.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

College football isn't this ridiculous transitive property some of you latch onto. A beat B, B beat C, so A will beat C. Or even worse A beat B by X, A beat C by Y, so B will beat C by Z.

Matchups actually exist. I think this team matchups up poorly against little speed offense teams who spread it out and have a highly mobile QB. They should have beaten Arizona by more due to talent gap but they didn't (it happens). But hey they still won.

I wouldn't be surprised if UW beats Stanford. I also wouldn't be surprised if Stanford boat races UW (don't think it will happen) but every week is a different week.

Good stuff cunt
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2016
    PurpleJ said:

mobey said:

Perspective.

DJ actually played real teams out of conference. He would be winning around 81% or more of his games against this type of scheduling.
    Yes what a killer out of conf schedule that was and we went 1-3.
    LOL

Hate facts much?
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Tequilla said:

Run run run the football I hear ...

Yet we had a number of short yardage situations during the game where we needed a yard and got stuffed each time ... simply put the OL isn't good enough to be in a position to get that hard yard or two when everybody in the building knows that they are running it.

Over react much???

A win on the road in conference is a win on the road ... particularly when playing far from our best. Take this and run to the tarmac to get home.

Or they could do a fucking QB sneak and get 3 yards instead of doing this shotgun-snap delayed-counter bullshit (I love the counter on first or second but never on fourth) or that naked bootleg pass to Gaskin for 2 yards where 50 fucking things could go wrong with the play
    They tried that once but Sample FS decided to jump and 4th-and-1 became 4th-and-6.
    Hey new fish, nobody gives a fuckall what you would do on 4th and 1. Scoreboard bitch. Now hit the gates puppy cant stand your dumbass already. Thank the lord I didnt read your other 723 posts .
    Huh? I was stating a fact, not what I would do. The QB sneak actually picked up 3-4 yards on that 4th and 1, but Sample gave us a false start instead.

Thanks for reading!
    Swaye's Wigwam
    mobey said:

PurpleJ said:

mobey said:

Perspective.

LOL

Hate facts much?
    Nope. The Pac-12 has always sucked.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

mobey said:

PurpleJ said:

mobey said:

Perspective.

LOL

Hate facts much?
    Nope. The Pac-12 has always sucked.
    PAC 8 > PAC 10 > PAC 12
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Agree, except when UW had the chance to put their foot on Zona's neck and choke the life out of them, they failed. That game should have been over in the third quarter.
    That was my biggest frustration last night that we had so many chances to bury them. Besides the 1st quarter we outplayed them most of the game and should have been up 17 in the 4th to survive that bullshit Kaepernick Jr did. This is where I'm critical of Browning, good for him for making the go ahead TD pass but he could have stepped on Arizonas neck 2-3 times in the 4th which would have been much more satisfying.

This team has a lot to work on but if anyone think that it only applies to UW at this point in the season (like PassionFS) that's ridiculous.