Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Van Winkle

has he ever made a kick that matters?

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I read last week that he has the highest FG% in UW history. It sure seems like he misses a shit ton of kicks.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Buy his ass a one way ticket back to Sultan or wherever fucking backwater he's from.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I read last week that he has the highest FG% in UW history. It sure seems like he misses a shit ton of kicks.

Historical college football comparisons are pretty bad since the game has changed so much.

I bet a pretty high percentage of current kickers have the highest FG% in their program's history.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2016

Like Browning, he racks up his stats in games that are just a little easier - oregon state, wazzu, miss st., Portland, Rutgers, etc etc.

Until our guys can produce clutch performances against the top tier, we will remain among the middle tier.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Was 83% in 2014
    Was 80% in 2015
    Is 50% for 2016

Career is 39/50 for 78%

He's missed plenty in critical situations (USC and Boise State last year, Arizona 2014 and 2016) but seems to do fine in blowout wins and blowout losses.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm sure he's happy to never kick at Arizona again ...

I don't think he's a shit kicker ... but no question that he tightens up in close games.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    As some doogs blasted me for saying last night, making field goals in easier games (like throwing accurate TD passes in easier games) does not make you a winner.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Passion said:

Tequilla said:

I don't think he's a shit kicker ... but no question that he tightens up in close games.

A kicker that tightens up in close games is a shit kicker.
    Our whole fucking team tightens up in close games. Have you noticed?

It's not just the kicker.
    Disagree: Lavon Coleman made a huge splash. John Ross and Dante Pettis made clutch plays.

I'd have to Re-watch to see if Gaines and Qualls did their jobs. Rest of the defense should be embarrassed, particularly the LBs.

p-salm fire twirler should be sent packing.
    Bullshit. Lavon was the only guy who made key plays last night. Everyone else's nuts shriveled when it was on the line (see @Tequilla's comment).

Jakey B shit himself, Vita shit himself. Kev King shit himself. Budda shit himself (and I think Budda is a winner in general).

So get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

CVW shit himself because our whole fucking team did. He's not special. Calm the fuck down.

I know you wanted a 84 point victory over a shit team, but if you come back to reality land for a fucking second you might appreciate the fact that we never win games like this and a win is a fucking win.

The #1 task of any coach since the 2001 Holiday bowl is to turn us into a team that thinks we can win. We've had 15 years of being losers.

Our whole fucking team shut down. We could not get up by 2 scores and we could not stop them when they needed to score. How is CVW doing anything different than anyone else?

Fuck off with this shit.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    Jesus Christ.

Winners win.

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

Tequilla said:

A kicker that tightens up in close games is a shit kicker.
    Our whole fucking team tightens up in close games. Have you noticed?

It's not just the kicker.
    Disagree: Lavon Coleman made a huge splash. John Ross and Dante Pettis made clutch plays.

I'd have to Re-watch to see if Gaines and Qualls did their jobs. Rest of the defense should be embarrassed, particularly the LBs.

p-salm fire twirler should be sent packing.
    King?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Pappy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rip >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cameron
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BlowItUp said:

has he ever made a kick that matters?

All kicks matter
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

That's what shit kickers do.

HTH