Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We can go ahead and call the Charlotte shooting "murder"

Comments

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Scott’s DNA and his fingerprints were found on the loaded gun recovered at the scene. Scott was wearing an ankle holster, police said.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article103973781.html#storylink=cpy

But don't let facts get in your way.
  • BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    topdawgnc said:

Scott’s DNA and his fingerprints were found on the loaded gun recovered at the scene. Scott was wearing an ankle holster, police said.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article103973781.html#storylink=cpy

Watch the fucking execution video. He didn't pose a threat you cop-sucking slave.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    topdawgnc said:

just because someone has a gun doesn't make them an automatic threat, just like a shooting of someone who doesn't have a gun can still be justified, see ferguson.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    A criminal with a gun during a traffic stop who refuses to disarm and follow instructions of three cops, is a threat, every time.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2016
    Blackie said:

topdawgnc said:

Watch the fucking execution video. He didn't pose a threat you cop-sucking slave.
    Video inconclusive imo. He ignored repeated commands to disarm. As long as he retained possession of the firearm he remained a threat.

MMQB - but he should have been given commands to sit down and put his hands behind his head. After which, officers could have approached the subject and detained him by handcuff/taking the weapon themselves.

One side communicating poorly and one side being obstinate. Not a good combination.

I sure as fuck wouldn't be rioting and looting and potentially putting MY life on the line as a result of THAT incident.

• BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    doogie said:

A criminal with a gun during a traffic stop who refuses to disarm and follow instructions of three cops, is a threat, every time.

If you're a pants-wetting pussy cop, this lack of threat is clearly worth killing.
    You would think a multi-convicted felon with multiple prison sentences under his belt would understand what happens when you threaten cops with a gun and refuse to comply with orders.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    doogie said:

You would think a multi-convicted felon with multiple prison sentences under his belt would understand what happens when you threaten cops with a gun and refuse to comply with orders.

You and I would think like that, but the dude had a traumatic brain injury.
    and a gun. And was breaking the law. Those who can't self regulate get regulated. Same as it ever was.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

Blackie said:

topdawgnc said:

Video inconclusive imo. He ignored repeated commands to disarm. As long as he retained possession of the firearm he remained a threat.

MMQB - but he should have been given commands to sit down and put his hands behind his head. After which, officers could have approached the subject and detained him by handcuff/taking the weapon themselves.

One side communicating poorly and one side being obstinate. Not a good combination.

I sure as fuck wouldn't be rioting and looting and potentially putting MY life on the line as a result of THAT incident.

Totally agree, good poast. The lack of complete instruction and two way communication led to tragedy IMO.
    dhdawg said:

So the punishment is death? Got it

unless the cop is poorly trained, yes.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    This thread is a freaking abortion. Maybe if cops would stop indiscriminately shooting people those people would feel better about "following the rules."
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2016

doogie said:

You and I would think like that, but the dude had a traumatic brain injury.

This thread is a freaking abortion. Maybe if cops would stop indiscriminately shooting people those people would feel better about "following the rules."

You think that would make them want to start....

Risk/reward, you know.

Unless there's some kind of 72 virgin martyr thing for proving a point that hasn't been widely publicized.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Blackie said:

topdawgnc said:

Again don't let facts get in your way.

To which the judge replied: “You shot at him ten times.”

mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Keith-Scott-killed-by-Charlotte-police-had-9242836.phpv

There are also accounts of him shooting at police officers in Texas.

But again ... you just carry on with your belief he was just sittin there doin nuttin.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

So many Americans complaining about cops killing people and vice versa. The solution is simple...we need less interactions between cops and people. There are too many laws and too many cops out there pulling people over for every little thing. You can't push a police-state agenda and not expect tension between the people and the enforcers.

The last time I went to Washington a year or two ago, I got pulled over and BITCHED AT by a state patrol faggot for going 65mph in a 60mph zone. Yeah, not even 10% over. He spoke to me like I had just smashed the 10 commandments. I don't really fucking appreciate that. Did I want to pull out a gun and shoot him? No, but I was fucking pissed.

People are tired of not feeling free anymore. There's only so much we can tolerate here. We aren't descendants of the faggots who stayed in Europe because they like having their lives controlled and dictated. We are descendants of those that wanted to be free. Either the cops and government back the fuck off, or more blood will be shed.

That's all just generally speaking. I know nothing about the story in OP. Just wanted to type words about stuff.

Poast more.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Blackie said:

topdawgnc said:

You sound outraged.

I see the media has gotten through to this one.