Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacob Sirmon: "We hate Woodinville"

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Sirmon is an extremely talented QB coming to Washington, so is Yankoff... and we might get one more.

This is a fantastic situation, so who gives a fuck? Neither is Jake Haener.

What? is UW recruiting a 3rd QB?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All quotes sound afraid of yankoff.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    So many words to say "I have no fucking clue, either way it will be interesting"

I do get the vibe Pete didn't 100% trust Sirmon, not his commitment but him as the heir to the job. With ~zero QB depth, Pete had a short leash for BS politics or any moves to leverage/take hostage the program. As in 'I'm the only viable QB on this team so I'm going to do whatever the fuck I want'. Like skinny Eason, somebody is going to offer Sirmon the keys to a big program, we will see how it sorts out. But with yankoff on board peterman can't be leveraged during recruitment or after he's on campus. he turned this from a lose lose to a win win.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sirmon is an extremely talented QB coming to Washington, so is Yankoff... and we might get one more.

Tanner McKee, going on a mission, we have a good shot at him.
    Can't imagine that really happening but still.

NTD, BB
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Tanner McKee, going on a mission, we have a good shot at him.
    Can't imagine that really happening but still.

NTD, BB
    McKee loves UW and is technically a 2020 kid. I believe he is higher rated than both Sirmon and Yankoff on the TBS scale
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If you're known by your initials shouldn't you be higher than 9th?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    Standard Supporter
    The only quote I saw relating to Sirmon was something along the lines of him having a lot of "upside" but made many dumb throws
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2017
    I believe Roaddawg thought Browning would suck.

Most people agreed because of his lack of measurables, but he's the 3rd best QB in program history with 2 years to move up the list.

I get that us internet tough guys think a guy needs to act a certain way to be a leader, but you really just need to win the locker room.

I think Browning has the locker room, he needs to have a big game against when it matters, but that's another conversation.

What it comes down to is this: Do you think Sirmon can earn the respect of Azeem Victor?

Regardless of measurables, if the answer is no, fuck him.

Edit: Never seen Sirmon play so I don't know the answer to that question, but when I watched Browning at Folsom it was noticeable how much his team loved him and respected his leadership. Not knocking Sirmon because I haven't even watched his HUDL, but people respect you or don't. LIPO.

Edit Edit: TLDR that was a good bump.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

I believe Roaddawg thought Browning would suck.

Most people agreed because of his lack of measurables, but he's the 3rd best QB in program history with 2 years to move up the list.

I get that us internet tough guys think a guy needs to act a certain way to be a leader, but you really just need to win the locker room.

I think Browning has the locker room, he needs to have a big game against when it matters, but that's another conversation.

What it comes down to is this: Do you think Sirmon can earn the respect of Azeem Victor?

Regardless of measurables, if the answer is no, fuck him.

Edit: Never seen Sirmon play so I don't know the answer to that question, but when I watched Browning at Folsom it was noticeable how much his team loved him and respected his leadership. Not knocking Sirmon because I haven't even watched his HUDL, but people respect you or don't. LIPO.

Edit Edit: TLDR that was a good bump.

I don't remember Roadie hating Browning as a recruit but he might have. I just remember you loving him and DDY hating him.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    he did not make the top 12. Thank fucking god. UW has great history with elite 11 qbs
  • Options

he did not make the top 12. Thank fucking god. UW has great history with elite 11 qbs

neither did yankoff, though I'm not even sure he went
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

neither did yankoff, though I'm not even sure he went
    Do you even TBS? LEAVE.

Horrible showing for us. Hopefully you are right about mckee and he cancels his mission. Sounds like Sirmon and Yankoff are disasters. Is Cyler Miles still eligible?