Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

Metrics pointing up after TUFF performances against Shit Tier St, Dreck Tech, and Gaybob U!

That's Gaybob State University, sir.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mathis is adequate, if only just. And Baked Potato is an able backup.

It's the other rush end spot that worries me, heading into conference play. A three-noseguard lineup isn't going to work against spread teams.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Really amazing stuff here.

But I could have those stats vs seattle pacific, Idaho and whoever else these bums played.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Mathis isn't a bad player ... he's probably an average to slightly above average PAC player IMO

The problem is that average to slightly above average on this defense makes you look like you are slow and just adequate.

It's a good problem to have.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Joe Mathis, who I loved in HS and have been hopeful for his whole career has finally showed me he is dog shit.

He's just got too much Sark in him, he doesn't know how to be good or how to play with effort.

Hopefully Benning overtakes him at some point.

Joe sucks.
  • Options

Joe Mathis, who I loved in HS and have been hopeful for his whole career has finally showed me he is dog shit.

He's just got too much Sark in him, he doesn't know how to be good or how to play with effort.

Hopefully Benning overtakes him at some point.

Joe sucks.

I somewhat disagree ...

He's not great and I don't disagree that there's some Sark in him ...

I do so him try though ... which is way better than P-SALM ...

What I see more than anything else is that he allows himself to get blocked too easily and then has to work his ass off to get somewhere ... which he often does a count late because of getting blocked too easily.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Mathis reminds me of Josh Shirley. Looks the part, but just isn't a good football player. All bus team.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Mathis has freaky strength and coulda been developed into an NFL DE if he'd been willing to listen to the S&C staff and bulk up to 270-275#. Instead he wants to hover under 250 and be a BUCK, which he's just not. Has very limited ability to play in space. I think we're seeing his ceiling at the BUCK position, which is slightly above adequate.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Mathis has always been a slow tweener. I said it from his freshman year so I am taking this opportunity to beat my chest.

Disagree. His fridge/shower shuttle time is off the charts.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Mathis isn't a bad player ... he's probably an average to slightly above average PAC player IMO

The problem is that average to slightly above average on this defense makes you look like you are slow and just adequate.

You cant say Mathis is average and then hate on Psalm
  • Options

Tequilla said:

P-SALM dreams to be an average player
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

He is an average Pac 12 player and a decent pass rusher. Youre usually not one to join in on a circle jerk. Why don't you write me a 10000 word essay on why he isnt decent?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

He is an average Pac 12 player and a decent pass rusher. Youre usually not one to join in on a circle jerk. Why don't you write me a 10000 word essay on why he isnt decent?
    It's clear to me that you and Psalm have a consensual sexual relationship. That has no place on a classy website like this one. Your judgement is obviously impaired by the fact that you've given him your fancy feast and thoroughly enjoy the ring sting. You're making yourself look fucking stupid repeatedly sticking up for such a shit player and known flamer. It's getting embarrassing.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It's clear to me that you and Psalm have a consensual sexual relationship. That has no place on a classy website like this one. Your judgement is obviously impaired by the fact that you've given him your fancy feast and thoroughly enjoy the ring sting. You're making yourself look fucking stupid repeatedly sticking up for such a shit player and known flamer. It's getting embarrassing.
    Keep jerking it to the consensus buddy. People made fun of him for the fire dancing stuff and being a Sark player. He was okay last year and looks to have bulked up so we will see how he holds up this year. His pass rush is good, and he can hit (injured the Rutgers QB and caused a fumble).

We will see how he does vs Stanford. Til then shut the fuck up about how players are doing vs jv teams