Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FCS North Dakota State will receive consideration for AP Top 25

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited September 2016
    AP25 Week 4 Poll

"Others receiving votes: TCU 132, UCLA 74, North Dakota St. 74, Boise St. 69, Iowa 47, California 44, Oklahoma St. 42, Notre Dame 32, Oregon 23, North Carolina 17, Georgia Tech 17, Cent. Michigan 16, South Florida 7, W. Michigan 6, Toledo 6, Maryland 3, Arizona St. 3, Virginia Tech 1."

• Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    If you are going to book an FCS team, this is the type of team to book, not the likes of Portland or Idaho State. Eastern is good. They put on a good show both games.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cal still too high
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

If you are going to book an FCS team, this is the type of team to book, not the likes of Portland or Idaho State. Eastern is good. They put on a good show both games.

100% Disagree

You get NOTHING out of this game ... if you lose or barely win everybody thinks the sky is falling. Since these teams are normally pretty good you likely won't blow them out.

If you want a competitive game go play a P5 or non P5 contender.
    Cross division play is common in college football and if you do that, the upper conference team booking a lower conference team with a strong record and tradition makes a game about like booking an average upper division team. Your view is based on the habit of booking shitty lower division teams. Also look at all of college football not just fbs
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    They've done a lot more than Washington has so far this season.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

100% Disagree

You get NOTHING out of this game ... if you lose or barely win everybody thinks the sky is falling. Since these teams are normally pretty good you likely won't blow them out.

I don't disagree in general but why hate on NDS for getting more AP25 votes than all but three PAC12 teams? They've won 6 straight games against FBS schools, I think they've earned the recognition.
    Tequila's point (which is 100% correct) has nothing to do with the poll.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

100% Disagree

I don't disagree in general but why hate on NDS for getting more AP25 votes than all but three PAC12 teams? They've won 6 straight games against FBS schools, I think they've earned the recognition.
    He WTF'd the poll, which has everything to do with the poll.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

100% Disagree

Ah I see. I don't think I've ever agreed with Tequilla so I thought I would back him up.

Maybe he wtf'ed at TCU being at #26.
  • Options
    Cross division play is common in college football and if you do that, the upper conference team booking a lower conference team with a strong record and tradition makes a game about like booking an average upper division team. Your view is based on the habit of booking shitty lower division teams. Also look at all of college football not just fbs

I've seen Central play NAIA Carroll and win once, lose once. Central played Portland State and won 3 quarters which beat the Cougs last year. You guys are only aware of FBS and look down your noses at the rest of college football. I think you think FBS is greater than other divisions because of the sheer magnitude of comparing fan bases and stadium sizes, but the reality is that it is a continuum and the differences are not that great. A good team in a lower division is about like an average team one notch up. You've got kind of a French, snobby let-them-eat-cake attitude which is fine, but you don't understand college footblal as a whole, only the slice you choose to see.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,487
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've seen Central play NAIA Carroll and win once, lose once. Central played Portland State and won 3 quarters which beat the Cougs last year. You guys are only aware of FBS and look down your noses at the rest of college football. I think you think FBS is greater than other divisions because of the sheer magnitude of comparing fan bases and stadium sizes, but the reality is that it is a continuum and the differences are not that great. A good team in a lower division is about like an average team one notch up. You've got kind of a French, snobby let-them-eat-cake attitude which is fine, but you don't understand college footblal as a whole, only the slice you choose to see.

Bandwidth massacre every post, and no Wigwam scalp. Banhammer this faggot.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

100% Disagree

I WTF'ed it on my phone and was intending to WTF AOG's post which is 100% just wrong ...

Personally, I'd be ok with never publishing the "other receiving votes" by total because I hate the idea of hearing a team say "we're number 30"
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

We already said your original post sucked and then you double downed on it?

You're missing the entire point ...

The point being that you gain NOTHING as a P5 school by playing a dangerous FCS school. If you beat them you're supposed to. If you beat them in a close game everybody thinks the sky is falling. If you lose to them like Iowa did and people are instead now looking at the contract that your coach just signed and want to get run down in the middle of the wheat fields.

If you are going to schedule a FCS school, then schedule a program that you not only can beat easily, but one that you know that you can get your depth substantial playing time.

I'm a big proponent of the A-B-C scheduling matrix. The B game should be a mid level group of 5 conference team or lower tier P5 team. Should be good enough that you have to pay attention to but should probably beat by about 20 or so. The A game should be against elite Top 10-20 competition and at a destination that your fan base wants to travel to.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Oh how I've missed some Hot CWU talk.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Bandwidth massacre every post, and no Wigwam scalp. Banhammer this faggot.
    The irony of Sven chinning this poast is delicious.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What's the point? They are in a different league and can't make the final 4, or am I mistaken?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I never said it was a good idea to schedule FCS teams. All I said was that if you do, get a good one. The game will be about like a "B" game. That is what the Eastern games have been like. But playing EWU is more exciting than a shit FBS team. That's the thing that you motherfuckers just can't grasp about college football. That if you go down one rung in divisions the best teams are going to beat the mediocre and crappy teams a rung up. It's like that through the whole spectrum from FBS down to NCAA Div III and NAIA. You look at FBS and think "that is all there is to college football" because it has all the money, fans and huge stadiums. But you are like a music fan that pretends to know music, but is only listening to the shit they have on the radio. You've missed the big picture.