Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Crowning Browning as Great is Premature

2»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

BlowItUp said:

Im going to get murdered for this, but here's the a breakdown of Browing in close games/loses:

Boise State Loss - 13-16

on final drive completes passes of:
    19 yards on 1st and 10
    15 yards on 3rd and 10
    17 yards on 2nd and 15

Then the disaster of the Lenius/Mickens bubble screen, gets sacked because the center didnt look up, completes an 8 yard pass on 2nd and 28 before Van Winkle misses the game tying FG.

USC Win 17-12

missed on a ton of throws early, but did complete a 6 yard pass on 3rd and 5 so UW could run out the clock and end the game without punting it away.

Oregon L 20-26

Down 26-13 leads a 71 yard TD drive that took way too fucking long, but ended with TD pass to mickens. Hurt himself which led him to missing the stanford game as well as the last drive with under a minute to go

Arizona St. and Utah were terrible, whether it be browning, dwash's fumbles, the officiating with utah.

3 of the 5 close games he was fine for a true frosh, and not nearly as bad as this board makes it seem.

remains to seen how good he's going to be, but he is clearly a much better player than he was last year.

you're going against the sperg hive narrative so you will get flamed because this forum kind of sucks now, but this is great post. LIPO

edit: jesus there we go lol
    If Browning is better now, he'll prove it over the next 2 months. He hasn't proven shit yet.

Prematurely popping off is dumb.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Gladstone said:

BlowItUp said:

Im going to get murdered for this, but here's the a breakdown of Browing in close games/loses:

Boise State Loss - 13-16

19 yards on 1st and 10
    15 yards on 3rd and 10
    17 yards on 2nd and 15

Then the disaster of the Lenius/Mickens bubble screen, gets sacked because the center didnt look up, completes an 8 yard pass on 2nd and 28 before Van Winkle misses the game tying FG.

USC Win 17-12

missed on a ton of throws early, but did complete a 6 yard pass on 3rd and 5 so UW could run out the clock and end the game without punting it away.

Oregon L 20-26

Down 26-13 leads a 71 yard TD drive that took way too fucking long, but ended with TD pass to mickens. Hurt himself which led him to missing the stanford game as well as the last drive with under a minute to go

Arizona St. and Utah were terrible, whether it be browning, dwash's fumbles, the officiating with utah.

3 of the 5 close games he was fine for a true frosh, and not nearly as bad as this board makes it seem.

remains to seen how good he's going to be, but he is clearly a much better player than he was last year.

you're going against the sperg hive narrative so you will get flamed because this forum kind of sucks now, but this is great post. LIPO

If Browning is better now, he'll prove it over the next 2 months. He hasn't proven shit yet.

Nobody is prematurely popping off ... most Browning believers say that he has to validate his growth in conference

That said you are an idiot if you can't see the growth in Browning ...

As with most sophomores he's got areas to improve in ... but he also has the tool set to QB this team to its 2016 goals
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

BlowItUp said:

Boise State Loss - 13-16

19 yards on 1st and 10
    15 yards on 3rd and 10
    17 yards on 2nd and 15

USC Win 17-12

Oregon L 20-26

Nobody is prematurely popping off ... most Browning believers say that he has to validate his growth in conference

As with most sophomores he's got areas to improve in ... but he also has the tool set to QB this team to its 2016 goals
    You like to say no one is prematurely popping off then you pop off prematurely in the next sentence.

You do that.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

BlowItUp said:

Boise State Loss - 13-16

19 yards on 1st and 10
    15 yards on 3rd and 10
    17 yards on 2nd and 15

USC Win 17-12

Oregon L 20-26

You like to say no one is prematurely popping off then you pop off prematurely in the next sentence.

You do that.
    This isn't an either or type of situation ...

He's clearly in more command of what's going on around him compared to 12 months ago ... you have to be either blind or a massive troll to not realize that.

That being said, there's plenty of growth that he has to prove on the field and that begins Saturday ...

You're definitely pressing as of late trying to hang onto the narrative that this team will suck.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

BlowItUp said:

Boise State Loss - 13-16

19 yards on 1st and 10
    15 yards on 3rd and 10
    17 yards on 2nd and 15

USC Win 17-12

Oregon L 20-26

You do that.

He's clearly in more command of what's going on around him compared to 12 months ago ... you have to be either blind or a massive troll to not realize that.

That being said, there's plenty of growth that he has to prove on the field and that begins Saturday ...

You're definitely pressing as of late trying to hang onto the narrative that this team will suck.
    They suck until they don't.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2016
    They have beat three nobodys by a combined score of 141-30 with about 20 of those points given up vs the second and third string.

To say you can't see improvement is idiotic.

Browning is 53-74 for 744 with 12 TDs and 1 pick. His avg QBR is 206.4.

"If" the Huskys actually did show improvement or Browning was improved, what would you be looking for?

Some of you remind me of a bitter middle aged woman who keeps repeating that all guys are shit because she's been shit on so much.

You are allowed to be optimistic.

And btw comparing Peterman to Sark really makes you look clueless.

LIPO

(And yes, I know this isn't the 'cool' attitude on this site any longer. But being negative about Sark and Ty and Tits was justified and correct, NOT because being negative was different, but because it was right.)

Fire away.
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    What I learned from your article:

You and @Dennis_DeYoung are fucking.

You're wrong. Perhaps we should debate this on a future pod?

• Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

BlowItUp said:

Boise State Loss - 13-16

19 yards on 1st and 10
    15 yards on 3rd and 10
    17 yards on 2nd and 15

USC Win 17-12

Oregon L 20-26

You do that.

I agree with you more than I care to admit. But I'm an analist. Ooops I mispelled that

Jake is light years ahead of where he was last year. Not even close.

I'm rewatching the PSU (sorry brother) game right now. I was geting bounced around in a shitty Lewis County motel with my still legally married GF when this was on so I missed some stuff.

Jake is the real deal. I will bet you 50 Sven bucks we assfuck Arizona. Yes. You heard it here.
  • Options
    Haysus Christo. I just watched that second touchdown he threw to Chico. That was one of the best thrown balls I've ever seen. Fuck off @DerekJohnson and @Dennis_DeYoung eat a dick. You owe me a steak dinner at a restaurant better than the Elbe Bar and Grill when I'm right.
  • Options
    koopdog said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

BlowItUp said:

Boise State Loss - 13-16

19 yards on 1st and 10
    15 yards on 3rd and 10
    17 yards on 2nd and 15

USC Win 17-12

Oregon L 20-26

You do that.

I agree with you more than I care to admit. But I'm an analist. Ooops I mispelled that

I'm rewatching the PSU (sorry brother) game right now. I was geting bounced around in a shitty Lewis County motel with my still legally married GF when this was on so I missed some stuff.

Jake is the real deal. I will bet you 50 Sven bucks we assfuck Arizona. Yes. You heard it here.
    We? ass fucked Arizona last year.
  • Options
    mobey said:

They have beat three nobodys by a combined score of 141-30 with about 20 of those points given up vs the second and third string.

To say you can't see improvement is idiotic.

Browning is 53-74 for 744 with 12 TDs and 1 pick. His avg QBR is 206.4.

"If" the Huskys actually did show improvement or Browning was improved, what would you be looking for?

Some of you remind me of a bitter middle aged woman who keeps repeating that all guys are shit because she's been shit on so much.

You are allowed to be optimistic.

And btw comparing Peterman to Sark really makes you look clueless.

LIPO

(And yes, I know this isn't the 'cool' attitude on this site any longer. But being negative about Sark and Ty and Tits was justified and correct, NOT because being negative was different, but because it was right.)

Fire away.

8-10
  • Options

koopdog said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

BlowItUp said:

Boise State Loss - 13-16

19 yards on 1st and 10
    15 yards on 3rd and 10
    17 yards on 2nd and 15

USC Win 17-12

Oregon L 20-26

You do that.

We? ass fucked Arizona last year.
    Just a small adjustment.

When you say we. Could you exclude yourself Sir? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BearsWiin said:

If only somebody would create a CrowningBrowning alt handle

If o ly somebody could photoshop Browning's head peering out from Jen Cohen's vagina.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I agree it is too soon to anoint Jake as the next coming of Warren moon or Tui. I also think it is too soon to declare him a bust. He is a true sophomore. Let's see what he can do as a junior/senior. For comparison here are Tui's True freshmen and sophomore year accomplishments:

TRUE FRESHMAN YEAR 1997: Became the first true freshman to start at quarterback at UW when he opened the Oregon game ... drew the starting assignment when Brock Huard was forced out of the lineup with an ankle injury ... first major playing time came in final three quarters vs. Nebraska when Huard was sidelined with an injury ... completed 12 of 22 passes for 270 yards against the Cornhuskers ... had a pair of TD passes in that game ... named team offensive MVP for performance vs. Cornhuskers ... passed for 261 yards vs. Oregon in starting assignment ... had a 42-yard TD run vs. the Ducks ... his 112 rushing yards ranked fourth on the team ... threw just one interception in 64 pass attempts ... ranked fourth in the Pac-10 in passing efficiency at 155.5 ... voted the Travis Spring Most Inspirational Freshman by his teammates ... one of 10 true freshmen to play during the season.

TRUE SOPHOMORE YEAR 1998: Named to the 1998 All-Samoan Football All-Star Squad along with teammate Mac Tuiaea ... completed 40 of 79 pass attempts for 484 yards ... threw touchdown passes vs. Arizona and Utah State ... long pass was a 51-yard completion to Dane Looker vs. Utah State ... top passing game was 194 yards vs. Utah State ... an honorable mention selection to the Pac-10 All-Academic Team ... started against Utah State and California when Brock Huard was forced out of the lineup with a shoulder injury ... led Washington to victories in both games ... carried the ball seven times for 70 yards and a touchdown against Arizona ... ran for two touchdowns in win against Utah State ... had 39-yard run for a touchdown against California ... rushed for two TDs vs. the Golden Bears ... had a 41-yard touchdown run against Oregon State ... 46-yard dash against BYU was longest UW rush of the season ... completed five of seven passes for 43 yards in Oahu Bowl ... threw an 11-yard TD pass in that game ... also rushed for one score vs. Air Force in bowl game.

No one is calling him a bust you fucking moron.

And also - you are a fucktarded idiot because stats mean nothing. If you saw Tui play in his true frosh year, you knew he had balls.

Also - he didn't play his soph year because Brock wasn't hurt like he was in Tui's freshman year.

GTFO of here with this weak shit.

Fuck off, die, light yourself on fire and LEAVE. Most of your posts are fucking awful and you're a closet Doog.

So fuck off and die. This poast should make you Friday sacrifice material.

Fucking stats over your own fucking eyes. You are a complete fucking idiot.
    Whoa, did he even take a position other than copy pasting? What are you tilting over?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jake's better, no question, but still just okay for the Pac12. Oregon's Mt. State txfr QB has twice the arm strength as does the Cal QB. Jake can't throw bbs like other P12 QB's can, but his accuracy on the short and mid-range throws is pretty good, and his supporting cast of receivers is way fucking better than last year. WR speed bails him out on the long throws, which is fine since all he really needs to do is hurl it long and Ross or Pettis can adjust and run under it.

Lack of quality depth at QB makes it Jake or bust, so I'm gonna doog for Jake all season long. If he works hard, learns from his mistakes and avoids too many blind-side hits and takes care of the ball, he'll be fine. UW has won plenty of games with lesser QBs in the past. No reason Jake can't get us to 9-3 or better without working miracles.

If you disagree with me, you're a fag.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Jake's better, no question, but still just okay for the Pac12. Oregon's Mt. State txfr QB has twice the arm strength as does the Cal QB. Jake can't throw bbs like other P12 QB's can, but his accuracy on the short and mid-range throws is pretty good, and his supporting cast of receivers is way fucking better than last year. WR speed bails him out on the long throws, which is fine since all he really needs to do is hurl it long and Ross or Pettis can adjust and run under it.

Lack of quality depth at QB makes it Jake or bust, so I'm gonna doog for Jake all season long. If he works hard, learns from his mistakes and avoids too many blind-side hits and takes care of the ball, he'll be fine. UW has won plenty of games with lesser QBs in the past. No reason Jake can't get us to 9-3 or better without working miracles.

I don't disagree with you, but I'm a fag anyway. My life is amazing.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753

I don't disagree with you, but I'm a fag anyway. My life is amazing.
    I'm listening to your pod right now. Weird.

Wrong kind of fag. I'm talking about the asexual, non-sexual preference type of fag. The kind of fag that gay dudes call "fags." You know the diff.