Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW went down 1 on poll

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    If the Huskies are for real, they'll roll Arizona and play both Stanford and Oregon straight up. I'm not yet confident that will happen.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,867
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2016
    Passion said:

UW went down on somebody's poll? Are you sure?

Chincredibled for coming from Mr. PC himself.

Ironically, I recently went looking for the camel jockey photo (monkey riding a camel) that SLBOB posted that sent you into epic blathering retard-rage. Unfortunately for us, it's lost to the interwebs forever. Not a lot of us left that were around for that meltdown. Circa '03-'04?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

If the Huskies are for real, they'll roll Arizona and beat Stanford and Oregon. I'm not yet confident that will happen.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I don't know if we are "for real" yet. I don't really care. But I know this—we haven't won a game like the one we have this Saturday in a decade, plus.

If we dispatch AZ, beat UT and SC and still lose to STAN & OR, I will feel like Pete has done a good job. We will be in territory we haven't been in in forever.

10-2/3 this year is a record that deserves praise. 8 and anything should be DAO and 9 is really going to depend.

The point remains, whether this SHOULD be an easy or hard game is immaterial. This is the type of game we haven't won in years and years, because any time we get some momentum and go on the road, we shit ourselves.

Simply not doing that would be a serious step forward.
  • Options

I don't know if we are "for real" yet. I don't really care. But I know this—we haven't won a game like the one we have this Saturday in a decade, plus.

If we dispatch AZ, beat UT and SC and still lose to STAN & OR, I will feel like Pete has done a good job. We will be in territory we haven't been in in forever.

10-2/3 this year is a record that deserves praise. 8 and anything should be DAO and 9 is really going to depend.

The point remains, whether this SHOULD be an easy or hard game is immaterial. This is the type of game we haven't won in years and years, because any time we get some momentum and go on the road, we shit ourselves.

Simply not doing that would be a serious step forward.

If we? lose to Stanford and Oregon, the season will be over in early October as always.

Die.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    Haven't you heard? We haven't played anyone yet. Haven't you heard! We haven't played anyone yet. Haven't you heard? We haven't played anyone yet.

I'm trying to disguise myself as a broken record, that's what you get for clicking on any UW topic.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,631
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

For some reason I'm just not concerned about Arizona at all.

This team has not proven it can hang with the best, but Arizona is far from the best. I don't think we'll have any trouble with them.
    As an undefeated team, we have not beat a mid-tier team on the road since '01.
    What makes a team mid-tier? I get there have been cultural issues that have perpetuated a dearth of mental fortitude, just want to understand where that statistic comes from.
    EVEN IF we lose to Stanford and Oregon, beating Zona on the road as an undefeated team would be a big step forward and something we haven't done in a long time.

No it wouldnt. If Arizona was good this year it would be, but they aren't. Same with ASU.

With our talent, led by one of the best hs QB's of all time, we need to win the conference.

No more excuses, no more bullshit, win the fucking games. We will probably drop one to Stanford or Oregon. Fine. Make the Rose Bowl.
  • Options

Haven't you heard? We haven't played anyone yet. Haven't you heard! We haven't played anyone yet. Haven't you heard? We haven't played anyone yet.

I'm trying to disguise myself as a broken record, that's what you get for clicking on any UW topic.

Thanks for reading! ;)
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012

Side note: our band uniforms are fucking terrible. They look like the biggest fucking nerds ever with the polo tucked into khakis look. Which they probably are (hi @MelloDawg), but Jesus...Ohio State's looks badass in their military garb. Texas rocks the whole southern cowboy thing.

We just look like some retarded comcast call center

It doesn't help when tv cameras catch them all acting like neeeeeeeerds. Act like you've been to a school dance UW band.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Just assume everyone is going to beat us until we beat them. This is uw football. High aspirations, low expectations.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,153
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Side note: our band uniforms are fucking terrible. They look like the biggest fucking nerds ever with the polo tucked into khakis look. Which they probably are (hi @MelloDawg), but Jesus...Ohio State's looks badass in their military garb. Texas rocks the whole southern cowboy thing.

All the Big-10 uniforms are badass because they actually put money into their band's look. Even with the HMB being funded by the AD, they still look like goofs with the polo/khaki/white shoe look.

My fav was always the USC band. Knew 3 songs but they had the "fuck you" attitude I wish we had
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,034
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2016

This is the best argument against college football polls before October that I have ever read.

i would think that espn could find some fucking way to make money on that. get amway to sponsor some "pole explosion special" or something. similar to what they do with the playoff rankings but by that time, people already know where teams are going to be seeded.

either espn has thought about this and decided they cant make money or theyre john skipper fucking stupid.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I know you guys are being sarcastic, but those aren't our band uniforms.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baphomet said:

For some reason I'm just not concerned about Arizona at all.

I hope the coaches are. I'm not convinced our passing game is going to be all that great against Pac 12 caliber DBs, and even though we finally broke 200 yards rushing, it was against Portland Fucking State.
    Arizona doesn't have Pac 12 caliber DBs...or LBs...or DL...
    Based on?
    Three members of their DL rotation including two DTs are listed under 250 lbs...one is a former walk-on. They basically never get any sacks or even pressure from this unit. In their old 3-3-5 scheme the DL was basically just supposed to occupy blockers while Scooby Wright and the other LBs and Safeties flew around the field (it didn't work they fired nearly their entire D staff.) The DTs had two tackles against Hawaii and nobody on the DL had a sack.

The LBs have experience but are all either a. slow b. small or c. both. One of them is Michael Barton who couldn't see the field at Cal. If you can't play on Cal's D you are not Pac-12 caliber. Cody Ippollito is basically a slower and fatter Cort Dennison. Paul Magloire and DeAndre Miller are actually pretty good.

At safety you have Tellas Jones and a bunch of lightly recruited underclassmen who don't have any experience. Jones was injured against BYU and hasn't played since.

At corner you do have some experience- experience getting routinely roasted by Pac-12 WRs. DaVonte Neal is very athletic but can't play corner. McCall won't be able to keep up with Chico or Ross.
    Flagged for knowing so much about Arizona.
    Flagged because you hurt my feelings.
    Lol I used to be just as bad. Now I feel cool because I made the freshman basketball team while you guys are still playing D&D.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    MelloDawg said:

All the Big-10 uniforms are badass because they actually put money into their band's look. Even with the HMB being funded by the AD, they still look like goofs with the polo/khaki/white shoe look.

My fav was always the USC band. Knew 3 songs but they had the "fuck you" attitude I wish we had
    Sounds old, rich and white.