Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jim Rome and Sark

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Rome: "Does it take 5 years to get the program where you need it to be?"

Sark: "What we inherited was a program coming off of an 0-12 season. And I really felt like as much as it was, you know, getting great schemes and recruiting good players it was about changing a culture. We had to change the way these guys were thinking, they way they were acting, the way they were talking, the way they were dressing. All of that. And it was definitely a process to do that."

A few minutes later...

Rome: "What about long term? Can you see yourself staying at Washington a long time?"

Sark: "We had a tremendous coach that coached here in Don James who, as some might know is not doing great right now and our thoughts are with Coach James and his family and Carol and everybody. But he set a standard of excellence here. The guy came here and won a National Championship, won multiple Rose Bowls and Pac-10 Championships and was here for 18 years. My goal is to outlast him. My goal is to be here longer than Coach James was. My goal is to win one more National Championship than he did, and to win more conference championships than he did. We're on the right path, but you can't get multiple until you get one, and so that's what the initial goal is."

Rome: "If I'm a Husky Fan, and you hear him say something like that - you know, we once had this great program, a proud program, great head coach, we won a National Championship, he was here 18 years, and it's my goal to surpass those things - if I'm a Husky Fan that's great news."

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Rome: "What about your repeated comments in September 2009 that the turnaround wouldn't take very long? What about Scott Woodward's comment that same month that he knew the turnaround would come, he just didn't think it would happen so soon?"

Sark: "Dude, give it a rest brah."
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I would have fired Sark for the 81st time after that interview.

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Passion said:

Rome:

Rome: "If I'm a Husky Fan, and you hear him say something like that - you know, we once had this great program, a proud program, great head coach, we won a National Championship, he was here 18 years, and it's my goal to surpass those things - if I'm a Husky Fan that's great news."

ahhh yes, akin to the (dreaded) vote of confidence by the AD or owner... Sark will be gone by Dec 5 if he doesn't implode and go 7-6. Cook it.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    How many times has Sark talked about a culture change? He used to use the same quote in 2009 and 2010 and said the rebuild shouldn't take long (which it shouldn't have). By 2013, he should not be saying the same shit.

How many times has Sark talked about a culture change? He used to use the same quote in 2009 and 2010 and said the rebuild shouldn't take long (which it shouldn't have). By 2013, he should not be saying the same shit.

He knows that this fucktarded fanbase which clearly deserves 0-13 next year has learned nothing.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

Yet his employers and the people (doogs) who still praise him eat it up.

I really can't hate Sark, I want his ass gone but he is making a lot of money bullshitting people.

I really can't hate Sark, I want his ass gone but he is making a lot of money bullshitting people.
    I'd love the guy's antics if he was coaching anywhere else in the conference.
  • How many times has Sark talked about a culture change? He used to use the same quote in 2009 and 2010 and said the rebuild shouldn't take long (which it shouldn't have). By 2013, he should not be saying the same shit.

His best trait has always been he's a great politician. People eat up his bullshit so easily and will defend him so hard.

At first I felt like the Tybots would defend Ty more angrily than Sark those first two years but now the Sark Doogs are even more angry. How DARE you even question or put any blame on Sark?! You must not be a real fan!
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

I don't think you appreciate how long it takes to change a culture.
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499

You have no idea the damage Willingham did.
  • jmc84 said:

You have no idea the damage Willingham did.
    Nobody was harder on Ty than Kim.
    jmc84 said:

You have no idea the damage Dobie/Royal/Owens/Neuheisel did.
  • Sven, why leave out Don James quitting and getting us on probation? I remember that was an excuse Doogs were using when UW went 1-10 in 2004.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I can't believe Race almost worked for this guy.