Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Query for the bored

I've been waiting all week for some miracle that the UW/furd line would go down to 6.5. It's stayed at 7.5 for 3 days now. Even at 7.5, it seems too good to be true. Anyone wanna talk me out of laying down a few hundo? I'm having an inner dilemma here.

Comments

• Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    If UW wins, and you lose a few hundo, you'd probably still be happy about the UW win.
    If Furd covers the spread, you win a few hundo.
    But what if Furd wins, but fails to cover... then you lose both ways. That would suck.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Your_Mom said:

If UW wins, and you lose a few hundo, you'd probably still be happy about the UW win.
    But what if Furd wins, but fails to cover... then you lose both ways. That would suck.

Exactly. Wish I was a doog, because then there's a the possibility of a sweet moral victory. I'm just basing it on the precedent that Sark has set...when has he kept it close vs a top 10 team on the road?
  • Your_Mom said:

Exactly. Wish I was a doog, because then there's a the possibility of a sweet moral victory. I'm just basing it on the precedent that Sark has set...when has he kept it close vs a top 10 team on the road?
    2010:

At #1 Oregon L 53-16

2011:

At #7 Stanford L 65-21

2012:

At #3 LSU L 41-3
    At # 2 Oregon L 52-21

Basically Sark has never been competitive in these type of games.

Your_Mom said:

2010:

At #1 Oregon L 53-16

2011:

At #7 Stanford L 65-21

2012:

At #3 LSU L 41-3
    At # 2 Oregon L 52-21

I was too lazy to look at the numbers, but that's what I expected. I definitely won't be happy with a loss but if we lose in a close game, that's a lot better than where we have been. This type of game has all the makings of a plungering, as shown by your evidence.
  • Your_Mom said:

2010:

At #1 Oregon L 53-16

2011:

At #7 Stanford L 65-21

2012:

At #3 LSU L 41-3
    At # 2 Oregon L 52-21

I was too lazy to look at the numbers, but that's what I expected. I definitely won't be happy with a loss but if we lose in a close game, that's a lot better than where we have been. This type of game has all the makings of a plungering, as shown by your evidence.
    Look I want a win but let's say UW is competitive all game long and loses like 34-24 I'll be encouraged with the program possibly.

However, if UW barely loses to Stanford and Oregon then loses to ASU then I don't care about being "competitive".

This is year five time to win some games or get a coach who can.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Upset special of the week - best game of the weekend that nobody will see on the East Coast.
  • Upset special of the week - best game of the weekend that nobody will see on the East Coast.

I did laugh when Sark said we were on "primetime". Sorry but starting at 10:30 east coast time means nobody is going to see this game.

Which for Sark is a good thing. Unfortunately for him the Oregon game starts at 4 p.m. eastern time.
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    Did you mean queery($75k) for the bored?
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Your_Mom said:

2010:

At #1 Oregon L 53-16

2011:

At #7 Stanford L 65-21

2012:

At #3 LSU L 41-3
    At # 2 Oregon L 52-21

I am hearing this year is different, and we just need to LIPO

Upset special of the week - best game of the weekend that nobody will see on the East Coast.

I did laugh when Sark said we were on "primetime". Sorry but starting at 10:30 east coast time means nobody is going to see this game.

Which for Sark is a good thing. Unfortunately for him the Oregon game starts at 4 p.m. eastern time.
    No shit. Last year I called bars out here to see if they have the pac12 network and I may as well have been asking about an Afghani cricket match. Pretty much ruins my night when the game ends at 2am.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    The $$$$ is moving the line up around 10pts.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,971 Swaye's Wigwam
    This would be a smart bet at 14 points.

Sometimes smart bets don't work out. No guarantees in life when you're a degenerate gambler.